PDA

View Full Version : PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r2 Hires

Zombo
November 16th, 2007, 04:48
TTYman (http://ttyman.free.fr/) has released a new version of the excellent MAME Arcade emulator for the PSP

Install directions:

- Copy in /PSP/GAME (firmware 1.5) or /PSP/GAME150 (firmware 1.5 compatibility for 3.xx OE release);
There are four different builds in archive:
1) 1.50 Kernel mode (psp_mame4all_v4.9r2);
2) 1.50 Kernel mode without neogeo and cps1 support (psp_mame4all_v4.9r2-noneogeo-nocps1);
3) 2.00 User mode (psp_mame4all_v4.9r2-usermode);
4) 2.00 User mode without neogeo and cps1 support (psp_mame4all_v4.9r2-usermode-noneogeo-nocps1);
Use psp_mame4all_v4.9r2 as installation base, then replace EBOOT.PBP with your needed/preferred build;
- Recreate zipped roms with included ClrMame compatible .DAT files (v0.34-v0.36 mixed roms);
- Add created zipped roms files in ROMs subfolder and samples in samples subfolder;
Samples must be in .sam old Mame pre-v0.35 format, downloadable from http://www.mameworld.net/samples/sam.htm
or from

Specific Features:

- Based on latest MAME GP2X release v4.9;
- 480×272 full PSP Hires Support, now games with >320 orizz. and >240 vert. pixels are fully playable (Loderun, Galaga etc.);
- Overclock support, from 133 to 333 MHz;
- Fixed, Fixed Divided by 2, Software Scaled and Software Full Screen Stretched resolutions (all maximum 480×272);
- Frameskip as GP2X version (fixed 0-5, auto 1-5);
- Vsync on/off;
- Save configuration support, default and per game;
- 22KHz with 16 voices predefined sounds, 33KHz and 44KHz frequencies with 4, 8 and 16 voices combinations added;
- Preliminary analog support;
- Autocentering fix for all resolutions;
- Optimized compiled code as derived from GP2X version, but for PSP cpu (fastest graphics core!);
- Stripped & Packed executable, only 1.5MB;
- Original graphics theme from Gold edition (user mode version only);
- Music in menu (filename music.psp in data folder), in these supported formats: .MOD, .S3M, .IT, .XM and .OGG;
- Added, as bonus, 1st classified OldSkool at Assembly 2007 Music Competition (Commodore 64 based), in .OGG format;
- Graphic theme 480×272 BMP skins support, both pspmenu480.bmp and pspsplash480.bmp in folder skins (user mode version only);
- Dipswitches settings;

Specific Controls:

- Button SELECT: Insert credits.
- Button START: Play.
- Button HOME: after Pause exit game and return to menu.
- Buttons L+R: Activate/deactivate screen fixed/fixed div2/scale/stretch.
- Buttons L+R pressed during one second: Pause.
- Buttons L+HOME simultaneously: Reset emulation.

Fixed from 4.9r1

- Usermode builds now works.
- Dipswitches settings added.
- Some Z80 core speedups.
- Vector based games like Asteroids now run at native resolution of 480×272 pixels.
- Preliminary memory management to clean-up things in certain romset (due to original MAME bugs) before starting a new emulation.
- In case of memory fragmentation errors emulator now quits without lockups.
- Better sound support in certain games, like Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles etc.
- Graphics themes disabled in 1.50 kernel mode to gain more memory available, used a simple blue gradient instead.
- Graphics mode saved with settings.

TTYman

Download and Give Feedback and Compat Reports Via Comments

V3N0M
November 16th, 2007, 07:07
Amazing.. This will be one hell of an emulator someday! The only problem I've been having is that aside from some menu bugs.. this emulator has a tendency to quit back to the xmb menu. I'm glad someone has finally picked up mame emulation on the PSP. :thumbup:

P.S.- change the default speed to 333Mhz and TMNT is playable with sound!

Baboon
November 16th, 2007, 08:42
Nice this will give me something to do this weekend other than playing Call Of Duty 4 online and Mario Galaxy. :)

I'll be testing this baby out after work. ...before I get on it though can anbody confirm (on a phat psp) if:

Rodland now works with sound?
Pacland has sound?
Rolling Thunder now lets you insert credits to go in game?
How is the speed of shinobi and eswat?
Tumblepop has sound in-game?
If TMNT works with sound on a phat psp?

Thanks in advance. :)

V3N0M
November 16th, 2007, 09:45
I'll be testing this baby out after work. ...before I get on it though can anbody confirm (on a phat psp) if:

If TMNT works with sound on a phat psp?

Well it's gettin late where I'm at and I have to get up early in the morning so I can confirm one thing..

TMNT works with sound and at 333Mhz is actualy playable! :thumbup: ( This is on a Phat PSP )

I'll try to answer some of your other questions later.. Good Night..

uranidiot
November 16th, 2007, 11:12
HEY Zombo COULD YOU PLEASE ASK TTYman TO MAKE THE START BUTTON BOTH START GAME AND PAUSE! BECAUSE I HAVE AN MAME ARCADE CABINET AND I SET THE START BUTTON TO BE THE PAUSE BUTTON TOO. or allow us to assign the buttons. because holding the two shoulder buttons and having the screen go black with a message is VERY annoying.

"go team venture!"

Zombo
November 16th, 2007, 12:02
Baboon I can confirm that Rolling Thunder finally lets you insert credits (As long as insert them during the startup and not during the title menu)

Baboon
November 16th, 2007, 13:40
Baboon I can confirm that Rolling Thunder finally lets you insert credits (As long as insert them during the startup and not during the title menu)

Ideal thanks for the reply. :thumbup:

I really hope Rodland works with sound this time round?

TTYman is on a roll currently with this emulator - churning out releases once a month. :)

brunobelo
November 16th, 2007, 13:49
I love this emulator, seriously, but to make it work, with his proper ROMs is a pain in the ass. :-\

Trekster
November 16th, 2007, 21:03
Why bitch about the roms?? This has been a prob for 10 years now. It's just part of how it works when MAME is updated. It would be nice to have a link to current roms and sample with each build though. I really like thelink to the samples from this release.

Thanks TTYman you are Da Man,,, unless you are a woman :)

MrRalphMan
November 19th, 2007, 21:27
Just installed it, been waiting for the DIP switch settings..

But alas I have lost my menu background. Anyone know why this has happened?

unstoppable_96
November 20th, 2007, 03:08
Sweet i cant believe TMNT WORKS!!!!

jurkevicz
November 20th, 2007, 03:30
For some reason I've installed the SLIM version on my PSP and it won't work. Anyone else having the same problem? I've fixed it....

Tyr
November 20th, 2007, 12:21
What is the limit for how big roms you can load with this emu? , can you go over 10meg?

NightRaven
November 20th, 2007, 18:45
This is an awesome emu I just wish someone would get The Simpsons Arcade working.....well besides the PC version of MAME that is. :D

lucidtraveller
November 21st, 2007, 03:33
:confused:
i have an original 1.5, never upgraded and have never had trouble but when i went to install this it did not have the 2nd folder (one with small eboot and %).....
that confused me but it's been awhile since i used the psp so i figured maybe that was the new way or something.....
it showed up but when starting it (installed like the readme said) i got the "game could not be started 80020001" message....

any ideas or am i just missing something here.

hippiestevie
November 21st, 2007, 08:31
is there any place online that has an in depth walkthrough/tutorial for this emu. i cant get a single game working.

rjg232
November 21st, 2007, 09:19
Holy shit awesome. It's ironic that the best use I've got for my PSP is playing old Nintendo and Arcade games though.

Ninja Turtles on the toilet? Sign me up!

bah
November 21st, 2007, 09:57
:confused:
i have an original 1.5, never upgraded and have never had trouble but when i went to install this it did not have the 2nd folder (one with small eboot and %).....
that confused me but it's been awhile since i used the psp so i figured maybe that was the new way or something.....
it showed up but when starting it (installed like the readme said) i got the "game could not be started 80020001" message....

any ideas or am i just missing something here.

You need to kxploit it (use sei PSP tool (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=201607&postcount=18) or some other app) or update to a custom firmware.

lucidtraveller
November 22nd, 2007, 00:02
i finally got it working doing just that, thank You.

THE PREDATOR
November 26th, 2007, 02:31
An excellent release but I hope in the next release he can fix up the analouge and the buttons because they don't work all off the time.

bad_lupus
November 27th, 2007, 20:44
Can any body help me?
i recreate roms (mk, tnmt etc.) with clrmame and included file, but then im' try to start emulation and see only

unable to open rom
error reading rom...
unable to initialize machine emulation...

firemaster#1
December 23rd, 2007, 05:24
Does all the mortal kombats 1,2,3 work full speed?

Shadow501
November 19th, 2008, 09:50
thanks, but it's not work
just the program work but any game not wok !

is there any new one ?

cupid
March 10th, 2012, 02:39
Download and Give Feedback and Compat Reports Via Comments?