PDA

View Full Version : Slot-1 emulation and HexenDS?

reginator
November 16th, 2007, 07:15
So I have some questions to how the whole thing works really... i've been browsing for a couple days, and was super surprised and excited to see that people have made like HexenDS and other games. But all the instructions seem to list that you need a slot-2 cart to get it to work, same with some emulators (like the gameboy colour ones) I just got an R4 this week, and im wondering can these be played with that? Or is that really just not possible? Like, I couldn't drag the Hexen files and rom onto my R4 via the normal way and play them like that?

reginator
November 19th, 2007, 22:40
Sorry to reply to my own post, just wanted to clarify if you can get most of these homebrew programs running on just a slot 1 device, like an R4. I've gotten many mixed answers from google and was hoping someone here might know more about it.

DanTheManMS
November 20th, 2007, 04:12
As far as I know, HexenDS was made before the advent of DLDI. However, I seem to remember being wrong on this before. If you can find a DLDI version, then it should work fine from your R4.

For GBC emulation, Lameboy and DSboy will both run from your R4, but running the Goomba Color emulator for the GBA would require a slot-2 device since it needs to run in GBA mode.

In essence, if a program was last updated since the beginning of January, it probably has DLDI and will work on your R4.

EDIT: It appears Sektor created a DLDI build and renamed it DualHexen. http://gtamp.com/DS/dualhexen.php