PDA

View Full Version : Are .img files supported in Chankast?

R0mC@1
July 18th, 2005, 06:45
Hi,

I'm a newbie in DC Emulation i have Sonic Shuffle legally ripped with dc_bios.bin and dc_flash .bin and Chankast and Daemon Tools. I try to mount Sonic Shuffle onto my virtual drive and daemon tools says it doesn't support .img wat my sonic shuffle is. Does Chankast support .img?

Thanks
RomCal
(PS: Welcome to me and ive got Daemon Tools v3.44 and Mounts Megaman X + more)

DCDayDreamer
July 18th, 2005, 17:34
Hi,

I'm a newbie in DC Emulation i have Sonic Shuffle legally ripped with dc_bios.bin and dc_flash .bin and Chankast and Daemon Tools.

That is a contradiction in terms, by 'legally ripped' I'm assuming you did it yourself with full permission from SEGA (which I seriously doubt). Please do not post any questions about running commercial games on Chankast as there is no 'legal' way to do it yet.

R0mC@1
July 18th, 2005, 20:03
I see...Well, Thanks for ur reply anyway....

flaming_carrot
July 23rd, 2005, 12:35
Really? No legal way? As opposed to all the other emulators of course! :rolleyes:

DCDayDreamer
July 23rd, 2005, 16:17
Really? No legal way? As opposed to all the other emulators of course! :rolleyes:

You've missed the point entirely, most emulators that support commercial games on disc support the game in it's original format, just pop the disc in the drive and play. Chankast does not support this method due to the fact that the GD format of DC games can not be read in a standard drive, that's why there is no discussion allowed on these boards about running commercial games with Chankast (you need to rip the game which is not legal). If the question had been asked about running homebrew the answer would be different, of course you could post back with another rolleyes with a statement about rom dumps but I'm presuming you have more intelligence than that.

flaming_carrot
July 23rd, 2005, 17:16
Ooh...I missed the point entirely! Bummer! And of course ROM dumps are completely different because...well, because! And "rips" are illegal, USC 17 title 117a be damned :)

Hehe, sorry ;)

DCDayDreamer
July 23rd, 2005, 19:43
Ooh...I missed the point entirely! Bummer! And of course ROM dumps are completely different because...well, because! And "rips" are illegal, USC 17 title 117a be damned :)

Hehe, sorry ;)

of course you could post back with another rolleyes with a statement about rom dumps but I'm presuming you have more intelligence than that.

I guess not!

If you're aware of the rules of this forum you'll know that no warez is allowed, if you'd bothered to read the first post in here you'd see that it's against the rules, hence the answer I gave directly to that post. I'm not going to delete this topic so it'll hopefully be a reminder to anyone new here to read the rules before posting, there are mods in here with far less tolerance than me, they shoot first and ask questions later (meaning they'll ban without even bothering to reply to warez posts).

flaming_carrot
July 23rd, 2005, 22:59
I guess not!

At least I said I was sorry :)