PDA

View Full Version : 3.72 Hx-2 Custom Firmware Update

wraggster
November 16th, 2007, 21:38
Coolj (http://coolj.devsgen.com/) has released an update to the 3.72 HX-1 Custom Firmware, heres the details:

3.72 HX-2 UPDATER

MINI UPDATE INSTALATION:

This updater will update your 3.72 HX-1 to 3.72 HX-2.

Put the EBOOT.PBP in the folder PSP/GAME/UPDATE.Run it,it will flash the new files.

FULL UPDATE INSTALATION:

This update will install 3.72 HX-2 on PSP's from 3.71 M33-1 to 3.

Put the EBOOT.PBP and the umodule.prx in the folder PSP/GAME/UPDATE together with the 3.72 original EBOOT.PBP renamed to 372.PBP.
Run the updater and follow the instructions.

CHANGES IN THE UPDATER:

- This new updater will prevent that the user shuts the psp down or put it in stand by,some people requested it.
- The new updater will save your recovery configuration for 3.72 HX-2,so no need to put all from 0.

In case the updater can't get the config,put these in enabled:

- skip sony logo
- hide corrupt icons
- Sony UMD mode

- The updater will check if some of the components are corrupt,this was a user request too.

CHANGES:

- Contains the latest 3.71 M33-3 changes.
- The file vshctrl.prx IS NOT the one from Dark_AleX,It's coded by me after reversing it 100%.

The exported functions from the vshctrl.prx are the same like the 3.71 M33-3 SDK,plus two more:

1. int vctrlVSHEraseIsoCache(con st char* path) -> Lets you erase the cache from an iso created by the CF.
If the parameter is empty "",it will erase the whole cache,not just from one iso.

The iso cache will not be created in the memorystick.It will be in the flash1.I made this function to test stuff faster.Gives a 0 if it deletes correctly else it will give -1.

2. int vctrlVSHMakeCFDirs() -> Lets you create the custom firmware directories,in case you dont have them(GAME150,GAME372...)i n the memstick.Good if you have a pandora memstick and cant format the ms but dont want to create all directories by hand.

- Only one vshctrl.prx for both psp models.In 3.71 M33-3 and others there was a vshctrl for the fat and an other one for the slim because they have slight changes.This new vshctrl will detect if you got SLIM or FAT.

- Other non important changes in the code.

_HellDashX_

PS. I dont have much time,so,I still have to update alot of stuff of the custom firmware,create a new recovery, etc,
I release this update because,1- For the people that believe in me and have 3.72 hx-1 so they can have the new 3.71 M33-3 features and to show the people that i dont just do hex edit,you can see it reversing the vshctrl if you dont believe.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
November 16th, 2007, 21:46
im still sticking with 3.71 m33-3 for now, but it looks great anyway.
thanks a ton man custom firmwares have really helped the homebrew scene

mike_jmg
November 16th, 2007, 21:53
Ok is good that is not just hex editing, but for now I'm sticking to 3.71 M33-3.

Hope we can see some more good work on later firmware updates

DarthPaul
November 16th, 2007, 23:30
I'm sticking with 3.71 M33-3. But it's cool to see that this guy has the guts to keep making Custom Firmware. So, if Dark_AleX decides to leave one day, this guy will be here for us.

maskrider2001
November 17th, 2007, 01:04
thanks a lot for the update.

bxking_95
November 17th, 2007, 01:42
Two questions:
Does this have a working POPS?
Does popsloader work?

EvilSeph
November 17th, 2007, 02:08
Coolj did not release this and it is clear from what is added to this custom firmware that it is merely a rip of M33.

I'm waiting to see what this guy will do when Alex leaves.

IM back!
November 17th, 2007, 03:30
give the guy some time.

DarthPaul
November 17th, 2007, 10:02
Yeah, Coolj didn't release this. What the hell?

Cloudhunter
November 18th, 2007, 09:39
Coolj did not release this and it is clear from what is added to this custom firmware that it is merely a rip of M33.

I'm waiting to see what this guy will do when Alex leaves.

Yeah, this is just lame :rolleyes: So what if he's moved on from hex editing, I bet other files like sysctrl are still untouched.

Cloudy

SionTheSoulHunter
November 18th, 2007, 23:08
You guys are so nice...you go on the topic about the release of the HX cfw and you're saying how much better DAX is and why you're sticking with his cfw AGAIN like you ppl did with 3.40-OE or w/e it was when you could have been using 3.51 m33 WHICH WAS DAX ANYWAY! now straight to the point...it's not cool for the guy that did this cfw, imagine you try to do something and everyone keeps saying how good someone else is on the release of yours...

i'm using 3.72 HX-2 btw, and for the guy making it: keep up the good work me and my psp thank you ;)

acmilanrocks
November 19th, 2007, 01:30
You guys are so nice...you go on the topic about the release of the HX cfw and you're saying how much better DAX is and why you're sticking with his cfw AGAIN like you ppl did with 3.40-OE or w/e it was when you could have been using 3.51 m33 WHICH WAS DAX ANYWAY! now straight to the point...it's not cool for the guy that did this cfw, imagine you try to do something and everyone keeps saying how good someone else is on the release of yours...

i'm using 3.72 HX-2 btw, and for the guy making it: keep up the good work me and my psp thank you ;)

It thru, give some respect, how small or big the contribution is coolj deserve a credit. way to go man.

Cloudhunter
November 19th, 2007, 09:03

Well, rest assured in the fact that you are actually using 3.71 M33 with a hex edited recovery and a reversed vshctrl, whilst all other code is untouched :) So, most of your firmware is Dark_AleX's, so you are sticking with it :D

Cloudy

EvilSeph
November 19th, 2007, 09:22
Here's a post by Mathieulh: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showpost.php?p=765362&postcount=21

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the efforts done by HelldashX to improve custom firmwares and I do appreciate the inovations he has been doing up to now but :

1. I have yet to see if he is capable of porting the SE/OE/M33 patches to a different kernel revision (which otherwise would compromise the future of his HX firmware)

2. We canned the fact that the params of the recovery were kept on M33 on purpose because it was the cause of lots of bugs that led people to have to format flash1, putting it back will only bring those bugs back as well.

3. Putting the iso cache to flash1 will indeed decrease the time the isos take to list under the game folder, but it will also dramatically decrease the psp's flash lifespan (because of the constent accesses to the cache, especially each time you put in a new iso which makes the cache having to regenerate itself) Thus people will end up with bricks before they know it, and it can be hazardous to the psp itself, hence why we chose to set the cache on the MS especially as you need one to store isos anyway.

4. About the updater, the elemets were allready checksummed as far as I know, thus there is no need to check each of those one by one.

Finally the 2 last points are more as a personal message to him:

5. We like new cfw initiatives but rather than use our code (especially since the kernel part is absolutely untouched) and call it a new cfw, it would be better if you simply used your own code from scrap, otherwise it is just a M33 with several unofficial additions and another name, the issue with that is that the M33 project is still being done and we dislike seeing unofficial patches arround, because then we have questions about those etc etc, rather than inclueding what we add using our own code, why don't you make your own features ? Also beware that we wont give any support to the HX fw or whatever, we will just let it be, we will release our patches despite what you release in your fw. We wont have a concern about compatibility issues from HX to M33, we have our project, we have yours, too bad yours use 99% of code from our project though.

6. Back in the OE days we made a project on lan.st to allow developers to submit new features to the OE firmwares (and being credited for it) unfortunately this amptempt was unsuccessful and then we had to "hide" a little using M33 as a coverup and had to give up on this project, nevertheless we are allways open to discussions and be glad to join our efforts if you wish to. If you have any suggestions of any new features/idea and are willing to share sources from those we would be happy to listen.

Finally if you really want to have full credits of coding a cfw, you should code it from scrap, not only it would be more fun, but much more learn worthy.

Still Cheers and good luck with your project.

mario guy
November 22nd, 2007, 19:32
koool

mario guy
November 26th, 2007, 18:18
im on 3.72....
and i want a custom firmware...
can any one help me..
ASAP.....