PDA

View Full Version : Duke3D-PSP pitch bug.....fixed.

MrPeanut
November 19th, 2007, 07:20
Friends,
I've finished my batch utilities to fix various sound pitch bugs in duke3d.

Please read the readme. If you aren't the type to read them, you need to know atleast this:

1. duke3d.grp needs to be in the same directory as pitchfixer.bat
2. You need to run "ncGrouplist duke3d.grp" PRIOR to running pitchfixer.bat
3. Those are the only two commands you need to run.
4. Play the game with a duke that doesn't sound like he just reached puberty.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Original Duke Nukem Files Needed Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-homebrew-games-18104.html)

MrPeanut
November 19th, 2007, 18:14
sorry, the edited post didn't include the link to get the actual pitch fixing files that I posted.

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/909dfdbc5a_0.04MB is the link to the utilities.

DarthPaul
November 19th, 2007, 18:19
Great man!!
I'm gonna try this right now. Thanks. :D

Baboon
November 19th, 2007, 18:23
All we need now is the loading of saved states to work. :(

borgqueenx
November 19th, 2007, 18:29
save and load the game...if you add that the game would be 100% better and longer playable.

MrPeanut
November 19th, 2007, 18:33
Baboon: It does work. It doesn't load your exact spot on the map (that's where it used to hang) but it DOES save the current map you're playing, and when you load that savefile you'll load the map you were originally playing on when you saved it. I'm looking into it a bit further but while I was testing it I kept thinking "damn... I can't take much more of this guy's voice being like this"

The savestate hotfix is in duke3dpsp build 97. That can be found here: http://duke3dpsp.freezoka.com/dukedownload.html

wraggster
November 19th, 2007, 18:37
balls i thought i uploaded them to the server

btw all uploading to dcemu works fine now :)

the_eternal_dark
November 19th, 2007, 18:50
MrPeanut, you freaking rock! These updates were long overdue. Thanks sooo much.

O-bake
November 19th, 2007, 19:05
Wow, great news. Great Homebrew news overall these days.
Keep up the good work and thank you!

borgqueenx
November 19th, 2007, 19:17
are you also the creator of the duke nukem released a long time ago?

and is this a better release? what bugs/glitches remain? does music work?

MrPeanut
November 19th, 2007, 19:25
borgqueenx: the original developer of the psp port was stereomike but since hasn't been around so I've been updating it here and there. I've been on 2 weeks vacation so that's why I've had more time to really look into it. As of right now save state/load state is fixed as well as the funky high pitched sounds. I'm going to look into the music as well, it's *.mid which should be fairly easy to implement UNLESS there's a problem playing midi files through sdl_mixer much like there was with the vocs.

As always, I'll post updates, maybe not as soon since I only have two more days vacation :\

Buddy4point0
November 19th, 2007, 19:52
this is awsome! thanks so much man!
great!!!!

Baboon
November 19th, 2007, 20:46
Baboon: It does work. It doesn't load your exact spot on the map (that's where it used to hang) but it DOES save the current map you're playing, and when you load that savefile you'll load the map you were originally playing on when you saved it. I'm looking into it a bit further but while I was testing it I kept thinking "damn... I can't take much more of this guy's voice being like this"

The savestate hotfix is in duke3dpsp build 97. That can be found here: http://duke3dpsp.freezoka.com/dukedownload.html

Ahh nice one. Its been a while since i fired up duke on the psp because of the bugs.

I'll test this out again now things are being sorted out on it.

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

lusid
November 19th, 2007, 21:22
Music support would be great, although I must admit I still have the soundtrack burned into my brain. Can almost hear it when I'm playing.

The pitchfix worked perfectly, no more pubertyDuke.

Would it be too much trouble to post a build that will run on the slim without eLoader?

MrPeanut
November 19th, 2007, 21:54
I'll read up on firmware other than 1.5. I'm sure it's an easy switch.

I need to make a modification to the saveplayer function anyway. It crashed my psp when I was playing some duke so I have to figure out what line that's happening on, why why only some of the time.

See the problem is I run 1.5 because I'm too cheap to buy a memory stick bigger than 32mb (I think the custom firmware ones require over 32mb of free space)
So without running custom firmware I don't know exactly how the eboot/elf loads. All I know is kxploit :)
I'm buying a bigger memory stick really soon though, I want to actually run the non shareware version of duke and look into the high resolution pack a bit.......

EDIT: found the source of the problem, for those who are using build 97 use this http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/5e064db066_0.5MB instead. It's the same thing but fixes a problem where the psp blue screens if you hit save at some, but not all points.

speedvicio
November 20th, 2007, 01:01
Hi MrPeanut, i have tried your fix with the full retail version and shareware version of Duke Nuke.
The fix only work with shareware version, with retail it show an error in ncGROUP.exe.

This is the log of error:

AppName: ncgroup.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: msvcr80.dll
ModVer: 8.0.50727.163 Offset: 00049a8b

Thx for your work and exscuse for my bad english.

NyghtcrawleR
November 20th, 2007, 02:25
If you have the shareware version does it have the full game to play? I have the retail and mine crashes too when I'm converting, so I wanted to know if I get the shareware version what limitation it has?

jurkevicz
November 20th, 2007, 06:05
I'm having this problem too. I have the Full Version.

MrPeanut
November 20th, 2007, 06:16
damn that's weird.

I tried it on atomic edition and the shareware version and it works.

If it fails on ncgroup it's failing on grouping the files back together, what's the filesize of your original group?
Where exactly on the console output does it crash? (it'll say stuff like, please wait while the header is being generated, please wait while the header is being written, please wait while the files are being copied" etc. What's the last thing that it says?

Oh and just curious, what version of windows are you guys using?

Duke3D.grp with a filesize of 44,356,438 is confirmed to work.
Duke3D.grp with a filesize of 11,035,779 is confirmed to work.

NyghtcrawleR
November 20th, 2007, 09:09
Its the regular full version, not the atomic edition.

File size is 26,524,524 bytes.

It fails when it says its group header is now being generated.

Its something with this version because I tried the shareware and it works so its not my computer.

Panini
November 20th, 2007, 09:15
Could someone please patch the eboot and upload the files here?

is that even possible? Or is that illegal?

MrPeanut
November 20th, 2007, 09:20
Can't post the files. If I could've done that, I wouldn't have posted the converters :)

Although I do have good news, I got the problem fixed. Pitchfixer should work with ALL versions of the Duke3D grps

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/70b2d4c8bd_0.04MB

sorry about that!

Raziel-chan
November 20th, 2007, 10:10
Well, the first version worked flawlessly for me. Good to hear ol' Duke without the 'nutt-o-brick-o' effect :3

cya
Raziel-chan

borgqueenx
November 20th, 2007, 10:17
you should add a run button, and ad weapon switching to the arrow buttons, and keep the analog for movement.
and music would be cool...

speedvicio
November 20th, 2007, 11:50
Can't post the files. If I could've done that, I wouldn't have posted the converters :)

Although I do have good news, I got the problem fixed. Pitchfixer should work with ALL versions of the Duke3D grps

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/70b2d4c8bd_0.04MB

sorry about that!

Great work!!
This version of fixer works correctly!!

Thx man :)

jurkevicz
November 20th, 2007, 14:41
Thanks a lot MrPeanut Great work!!!

NyghtcrawleR
November 20th, 2007, 19:24
Thanks, that fix did the trick.

Although the atomic version is probably the best to get if you can get your hands on it.

Also, Mr.Peanut check your pm I am sending you something and another question.

borgqueenx
November 20th, 2007, 19:50
atomic version does not work:(

da1writer
November 20th, 2007, 20:34
Could someone pm me or post a guide in patching the files up. I have all the files needed but can't seem to work command prompt properly...
A simple walk through would be helpful to those not dos swavy, I've always only been a windows user :(...

NyghtcrawleR
November 20th, 2007, 20:44
atomic version does not work:(

I just got and tried the atomic version and it works fine.

borgqueenx
November 20th, 2007, 20:49
um...ok thats weird...pmmed u anyways...
hope u got the duke nukem puberty fix on it:p

EDIT: This game really lacks music:(
its about the only thing left to add since i just saw u can add controls to the psp buttons yourself.
Please add that:) :D

Tooplex
November 21st, 2007, 11:23
Well i tryed this the sound is fixed but after duke says something on the difficulty level setting like "Yeh Piece of Cake" or "Lets Rock" The game crashes but if you get to select a level without him saying anything the game works fine and the voices in game sound perfect and the level works so whats going on? Im using the Atomic Edition and its

Atomic Edtion unpatched:43,317 Kb
Atomic Edtion Patched: 44,266 Kb

Anyone help please?

NyghtcrawleR
November 21st, 2007, 17:59
I noticed that too, but I always select it before he says it anyway, but yeah its a bug.

NyghtcrawleR
November 21st, 2007, 21:05
EDIT: This game really lacks music:(
its about the only thing left to add since i just saw u can add controls to the psp buttons yourself.
Please add that:) :D

Where can you edit the psp controls? Theres the keyboard options, but those are for the computer, which the psp is not. Its a port and therefore I dont think you can edit the controls in game.

borgqueenx
November 22nd, 2007, 09:36
in the controls menu inside duke nukem 3d, there are movement controls.

The movement keys are up down left right.
You can change up down left right to the control you want/like. The movement keys up down left right are bind to the psp arrow pad or whatever the name is.
If you change this though, you can only control duke nukem with the analog thing, not with the arrow pad anymore.

I made a nice icon, background and song for this game attached to the eboot.

Download it here: http://gdteam.net/PC/home/download.php?view.9

Be3f
November 24th, 2007, 10:16
Good work MrPeanut! :thumbup:
Hope, you'll continue improving this port and finally make it perfect...:rolleyes:

Original jfDUKE for PC has the hardware rendering support - how about implementing it to the PSP? The best way is imho to replace OpenGL calls with PSP-GU ones, like PeterM did, while porting GLQuake to PSP: (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=8077) Latest Quake for PSP v1.0 sources may be useful: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79042

Ouch, do you have any plans on porting Shadow Warrior for PSP? :rolleyes:

NyghtcrawleR
November 26th, 2007, 17:36
Mr.Peanut seems to be busy. Havent heard from him in awhile unfortunately....

NyghtcrawleR
November 28th, 2007, 20:59
There is another bug, although I cant pinpoint it just yet. Whenever I try to save on the second level after completing the first (getting everything - secrets, etc) it freezes. I tried saving without doing all the extra stuff (just ran through the first level) and it saved fine.

So I dont know yet if its due to having everything unlocked from the first level, starting the second level with all those extra weapons, or what. All I know is it crashes whenever I try and save it after that.

borgqueenx
November 29th, 2007, 09:36
try it again, i think it just crashed random...small chance...
did you editted the control like i said how?:)

And i hope to hear from mrpeanut soon, i really miss the music...:(
and i hate saving problems...

NyghtcrawleR
November 30th, 2007, 04:52
Ive had it crash on two different occasions at that same point. So it has to be one of the things I mentioned, just dont know exactly what.

And yeah I did edit the controls, thanks. Just wish there was a button for the delete button so I could set all the unused controls off instead of setting them all to the start button lol.

borgqueenx
November 30th, 2007, 07:35
glad i could help you with the controls.
I hope MrPeantut can add music next...:)

NyghtcrawleR
November 30th, 2007, 18:25
I'd much rather see saves states fixed and allowing you to actually save your progress not just the level. I can live without music.

I just hope mr.peanut is still around and not become like the original guy who released it than never came back.

aridnyk
January 21st, 2008, 03:32
Friends,
I've finished my batch utilities to fix various sound pitch bugs in duke3d.

Please read the readme. If you aren't the type to read them, you need to know atleast this:

1. duke3d.grp needs to be in the same directory as pitchfixer.bat
2. You need to run "ncGrouplist duke3d.grp" PRIOR to running pitchfixer.bat
3. Those are the only two commands you need to run.
4. Play the game with a duke that doesn't sound like he just reached puberty.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Original Duke Nukem Files Needed Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-homebrew-games-18104.html)

when the msdos prompt tries to access ncGroup build 1, i get an error and a separate window pops up and says "ncGROUP.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

when i say ether send or dont send, the command prompt tells met hat the patch was complete and i should have a new .grp file, but i only see my old renamed Duke3d.gr_ file, no .grp... any thoughts/suggestions?

fatbadger
April 28th, 2008, 23:47
when the msdos prompt tries to access ncGroup build 1, i get an error and a separate window pops up and says "ncGROUP.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

when i say ether send or dont send, the command prompt tells met hat the patch was complete and i should have a new .grp file, but i only see my old renamed Duke3d.gr_ file, no .grp... any thoughts/suggestions?

^ I have this problem.

firemaster#1
August 23rd, 2009, 21:39
^ I have this problem.

I think this is because of visa I have this same problem too I wish there was a vista patch

jamesrh
September 11th, 2009, 19:48
Any news on Duke ports?

Like a previous poster said, I don't mind the lack of music so much, but the inability to save your progress (or even your control scheme) just kills this port, unfortunately ...

Jinx1337
September 14th, 2009, 10:32
jamesrh - there's been a HUGE Duke3d Update from ChillyWilly.

Both music and saves work! Google Duke3d ChillyWilly.

jamesrh
September 15th, 2009, 01:46
jamesrh - there's been a HUGE Duke3d Update from ChillyWilly.

Both music and saves work! Google Duke3d ChillyWilly.

Thanks for responding, but I'm pretty sure that ChillyWilly's version has the same problem--you can't save your actual progress--i.e., you can't save where you are on a level, the weapons you've found, etc. You have to start the level over from scratch, each time. That's not saving, and sadly, for me it cripples the port.

dushuai
September 15th, 2009, 03:43
can the patch work?or this is a release?check careful will not make my psp brick.

the_eternal_dark
September 17th, 2009, 08:03
can the patch work?or this is a release?check careful will not make my psp brick.

Doubtful that your PSP will brick because of it.

jamesrh
September 17th, 2009, 19:47
Yes, of course it won't brick your psp.

Now, does anyone have any news of Duke3D for PSP development? Is it is dead as Dukenukem Forever? I hope not! I want to be able to save my game .... !