PDA

View Full Version : Temporary fix for PS3 Assassin's crashing

Shrygue
November 19th, 2007, 18:16
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175913)

There is supposedly a fix for PS3 owners that have whipped up the highly anticipated Assassin's Creed this weekend only to find it crashing frequently.

Reported earlier, many of the game's bugs on the PS3 version have been (unofficially) linked to the FW 2.0 update, which is said to have been causing all manner of problems since its release.

But according to bloggers, PS3 users can fix some of the issues temporarily simply by disabling the Information Board on the 2.0 FW front-end menu, and disconnecting their PS3 from the (online) PSN while they play Ubisoft's adventure.

This will apparently cut down the frequency of the crashing.

Let us know if it works for you in the comments below, and sit tight for Sony's 2.01 update soon, which should sort out all the problems so you don't have to fool around with system options.

bullhead
November 19th, 2007, 19:12
I think it was the information board that caused my xmb to crash a few times. So I disabled it and it seemed to work. Besides the information board is irritating.

SigmatiC
November 19th, 2007, 21:57
Where is the fix for the f*****g framerate issue?
It's like Ubisoft made the PS3 version overnight..

I sold my PS3 version and got the 360 version insted.. No issues at all..

lmtlmt
November 19th, 2007, 22:17
Your a ****ing liar!

bullhead
November 19th, 2007, 23:51
Your a ****ing liar!

That made me exhale involuntarily quickily through my nose in a fashion not dissimilar to that of a person that found something funny, yet did not want those in close proximity to be stirred from their slumber, hence the silenced nasal exhalation.

xox

lmtlmt
November 20th, 2007, 06:27
he/she was obviously lieing

pibs
November 20th, 2007, 06:56
yeah he is lying theres no framerate issue... I don't use psn so no problems here oh but the xmb is a little laggy, hardly noticeable but I am pretty sure it caused by fw2.0

SigmatiC
November 20th, 2007, 10:34
No I am not lying.
Play both the 360 version and Ps3 version and you'll see.
Go to IGN.com and see for yourself on the Head-to-Head section.

Personally I hate the 360 but as of today only one game that has been released for both systems is better than the 360-version and that game is Call of Duty 4.
Every single other game are like 10-30 fps behind the 360.
It's not the PS3's fault its because of bad coding from 3:d party companies and that just sucks!

Cloudhunter
November 20th, 2007, 10:56
No I am not lying.
Play both the 360 version and Ps3 version and you'll see.
Go to IGN.com and see for yourself on the Head-to-Head section.

Personally I hate the 360 but as of today only one game that has been released for both systems is better than the 360-version and that game is Call of Duty 4.
Every single other game are like 10-30 fps behind the 360.
It's not the PS3's fault its because of bad coding from 3:d party companies and that just sucks!

Yeah, because we all know that a 10 fps difference is very noticeable,when a TV only runs at 25 fps and yet seems smooth.

Methinks you're seeing things.

Cloudy

ketchup
November 20th, 2007, 12:41
SigmatiC - Your posts are confusing. Firstly you suggest that the PS3 version sucks so you bought the 360 version instead and aren't having any (frame rate) problems. Then in your second post you say that the PS3 version is the best and that it's the only PS3 game which is better than any 360 version available. Make up your mind, which is it? Or be clearer.

SigmatiC
November 20th, 2007, 13:15
Cloudhunter: There is a BIG difference between TV/Movies and games. A TV/movie runs at 25fps no matter what. There are no drops in the framerate due to large areas or explosions and stuff like that. If only games ran at the same framerate the world would be a different place..

But when a game runs at 30fps like most games do today, a drop by a single frame is noticeable at least to me, call me crazy but I see things like that.

Now Assassin's Creed can drop up to 5-6 frames just by turning the camera around on The PS3 :/ But on the 360 ist runs at a steady framerate almost all the time.
That is just bad coding from Ubisoft..

My point is that drops make things lag..

And for you my good ketchup: Read through my posts again if you don't understand. And if you still don't understand listen to this: Yes the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed is inferior to the 360 version as are all the games except for Call of duty 4 due to bad coding/hard programing for PS3.

I love the PS3 and have high expectations for it but it's gonna take time for pepole to learn. Call of Duty 4 is the first of many games that is equivalent to it's 360 version.

But as of today all games run smoother on the 360 and as long as they do that I'm buying my games there.

I just don't like framedrops. And that is me. Most of you don't notice it but I do and I am jealous of you.

SigmatiC
November 20th, 2007, 13:18
A quick note: They are not inferior graphical or in the gameplay but just in framerate.
I know that 5-30 frames isn't an issue for most of the pepole out there.. but there are pepole like me who hate a single framedrop :/
I can't help it

F9zDark
November 20th, 2007, 16:10
If you don't mind me asking, when did you read the head to head comparison on IGN? Before you played Assassin's Creed or after? I am not gonna call you crazy or anything, but perception is quite odd like that. Kinda like looking at a random jumble of ink and not seeing anything and being told it looks like a cow and bam you immediately see it.

I haven't noticed any frame drops in Assassin's Creed on the PS3 version and I have played it so far for about 15 hours.

I am not downplaying your observations, but maybe its because you heard there were frame drops, that you now perceive them? Or more appropriately, they become more noticeable?

SigmatiC
November 20th, 2007, 20:28
It's been like this for as long as I can remember :/
It's not an overnight thingy that just happens.. I have to have a steady framerate or I can't play.. Call it a Obsessive-compulsive disorder if it makes you feel better..

I preordered the PS3 version because 9 out of 10 websites called it "the ultimate version" because they started it on the PS3.
My preorder was sent and later that day I watched the Head-to-Head video and boy was I pissed. I still gave the game a shot but it was a no-go.

You think I'm lying? Go to your friend who has Assassin's Creed for the 360 and play it for at least 15 minutes and go back to your home and play your PS3 version. If you don't notice the framerate dieffrence I'll be your eternal servant and do anything you command

lmtlmt
November 20th, 2007, 22:19
wow one little joke turned into a pretty good conversation!

pibs
November 20th, 2007, 23:56
SigmatiC it might be a defective disk, try returning it for another one.

SigmatiC
November 21st, 2007, 15:27
It's just how the PS3 version is pibster.
But I sold it and got a 360version insted. Problem solved for me