PDA

View Full Version : Kornsuccubus Book Cover Picture Contest.

ExcruciationX
November 19th, 2007, 21:28
I originally wanted a book cover, but the two people I asked didn't respond. So, if anyone cares, I'd like the following details on the cover (make sure you've read the text, spoilers contained within).

1. An endless desert with the Citadel in the background, with the city below in the foreground.

2. Make the Citadel like in the text (big, lots of windows, and a door in the front, brownish color).

3. Make sure the camera is up in the sky, looking at the Citadel, so that it shows it's face and the buildings below.

4. I'd also like Zuka Zam'ee standing at the entrance of the Citadel looking up at it. The buildings below should be a quarter inch if the Citadel is five inches.

I'll pick the best one and package it with the next release of "The Land of Kornsuccubus" (I need to fix a lot of errors and expand upon it a lot).

lmtlmt
November 19th, 2007, 22:19
whats a Citadel?

Johnny Rash
November 19th, 2007, 22:21
You'd have to read the story.

It's a large dome shaped building with many windows.

ExcruciationX
November 19th, 2007, 22:36
Did I say it was dome shaped? It's not in my mind's eye. It's rectangler shaped, with lots of windows on it, and it's a brown color.

Johnny Rash
November 19th, 2007, 22:37
It wasn't domed?

Was I drunk when I read it?

Sorry man, my apologies.

ExcruciationX
November 19th, 2007, 22:43
It's alright.

In fact, I'd recommend reading it under influence, it makes it more interesting (although one of my friends tried it, and he flipped out on certain scenes).

Johnny Rash
November 19th, 2007, 23:00
Did you just recommend people to become inebriated?

ExcruciationX
November 19th, 2007, 23:42
Yup, I'm pro-drug (although I haven't used anything, except for DXM at very low doses, because I don't think I'm ready to take something full blown).

Johnny Rash
November 19th, 2007, 23:44
You're serious?

I'm a reformed pot head.
I'll never use a (illegal) drug that's created in a lab.

ExcruciationX
November 20th, 2007, 00:11
I stress that I don't endorse use of other drugs becides LSD and Marijuana, and some medical ones. I haven't studied some of the other psychedelic drugs, so I don't know their effects.

Buddy4point0
November 20th, 2007, 00:40
i do pot.
thats it.

i would possibly do shrooms if i had the opportunity

but as for heroin, lsd, all that shit.
def will never

ExcruciationX
November 20th, 2007, 03:06
Back on topic.

Is anybody up for the challenge of trying to create the book cover (especially since I'm not the best at explaining)?

Johnny Rash
November 20th, 2007, 03:22
Here's mine.

Undeniable proof that I have 0 photoshop talent.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d89/Desertdarkwarior/coverLAK.jpg

It's in a spoiler to prevent eye loss.

ExcruciationX
November 20th, 2007, 04:19
Here's mine.

Undeniable proof that I have 0 photoshop talent.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d89/Desertdarkwarior/coverLAK.jpg

It's in a spoiler to prevent eye loss.
It certainly got me...

At lease you tried. :p

Buddy4point0
November 21st, 2007, 18:16
i would liek to do it, just i cant find any good pictures of catidals and whatever.
if you can get me good pics at the right angles of what you want ill be happy to do it

ExcruciationX
November 21st, 2007, 18:23
You have to draw it... Manually.

sourced
November 22nd, 2007, 09:44
hey Ex, its kinda funny that you asked for a book cover, ive been working on another of my art projects for school the past week and now that its finished and i take a look at it, it KINDA fits your description. not exactly though, but i think it looks okay. couple of photoshop brushes mixed with some renders and a drawing made by me.

here ya go.

V3N0M
November 22nd, 2007, 11:11
That's insane dude! Man some of you guys never cease to amaze me. I wish I was that good! ;)

sourced
November 22nd, 2007, 12:49
That's insane dude! Man some of you guys never cease to amaze me. I wish I was that good! ;)

lol. thanks man. we all have our talents. :thumbup:

Johnny Rash
November 22nd, 2007, 12:55
Mine is WAY better!

sourced
November 22nd, 2007, 13:15
yeah right :rofl:

ExcruciationX
November 22nd, 2007, 15:04

I think I may have found my artist. That is one kickass work of art!!!

dejkirkby
November 22nd, 2007, 15:13
sourced, that is real quality.
That's your cover, right there!

cal360
November 22nd, 2007, 18:04
That's amazing Sourced that's excelent. I never knew you had such talent and none of my artworks would ever compete that.

ExcruciationX
November 22nd, 2007, 19:24
That doesn't fit the description though...

Sourced, how long did that take to make?

sourced
November 22nd, 2007, 20:42

I think I may have found my artist. That is one kickass work of art!!!

thanks man :p

That doesn't fit the description though...

Sourced, how long did that take to make?
three weeks.

if you want, i could re-design it a little bit to maybe fit your description. although, gimme a little bit of time, cause im too busy with my midterms :( stupid midterms. :mad:

edit: i know that the drawing looks really complicated, but its actually quite simple. if you look to the right portion of the picture(the towers and citadels), thats the only "real" part of the picture because thats the only one i manually drew. oh, and the arches connecting the cliffs in front of the "city"

all the other elements in the picture are renders or brushes from photoshop which i played around with to blend in with the overall picture.

also, if you noticed, theres still a slight hint of green on the trees, i've yet to fix that :p

ExcruciationX
November 22nd, 2007, 22:09
I must say, it's great!

Hopefully I don't sound too commanding...

The Citadel in my story isn't progressively built on a mountain. It's a rectangler shaped buildng at the very back of a tiny town (in comparison). All of this is in the middle of a desert (with absolutely nothing around it). The picture itself should have the camera suspended in the sky looking down at the Citadel, showing the town at it's feet. It should be in the day time, with maybe a few moons in the sky and one yellow sun.

Can you this in three weeks? If so, you'd be right on time with me, because I'm adding on to the story. :)

sourced
November 23rd, 2007, 05:57
ill try man. im kinda busy with my midterms so yeah. gimme time :p

ExcruciationX
November 23rd, 2007, 06:04
Okay, will do. :)

I've got to add stuff on the story anyway.