PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Sites Update (After Hacking Last Week)

wraggster
November 20th, 2007, 20:58
Hi all it was about this time last week that the whole DCEmu Server and our BackUp was hacked by some Turkish hacking group - the same group is apparently behind hundreds of site hackings but anyway they got in via some tmp directory which they executed a script which has caused a mass of problems on every site and the forum and our massive Dreamcast Download Area.

What happened is that every index file and many login files were changed but thanks to Martin (who has now secured the server) and the many great staff we have we are getting things back to normal.

So far 20 sites are back to normal status bar the login/avatar bit which needs to be fixed still, all thats left are coders and misc sites which as soon as ive finished newsposting i will make a start on.

The fact that i hadnt updated my sites for nearly 6 weeks (hey we all get lazy) meant a massive backlog of work. Ill be updating some coders sites to the new template which is much nicer to lookat /work with and installing a news page on Chuis site although i may need some html help off the likes of soully ;)

anyway thanks to all who helped us get back on our feet and the countless people who are finding problems and reporting them, with literally thousands of pages via our sites its hard to check every one.

Now as soon as my daughter gets off my bloody laptop i can resume newsposting :)

Sonicboy 101
November 20th, 2007, 21:02
It's good to hear that everything is getting back to normal. Thanks to all staff for fixing the site. :)

Rorin
November 20th, 2007, 21:10
ugg, hackers... and not the good type. Why can't we all just go kill some zombies.

acn010
November 20th, 2007, 21:13
lmao
thats great.....

Shrygue
November 20th, 2007, 21:13
Good, nice to hear this site is close to being on it's normal track again. Hope the Dreamcast download section get fixed real soon.

mike_jmg
November 20th, 2007, 21:43
Good to hear that the site is back on track

JKKDARK
November 20th, 2007, 22:23
I hope they don't hack this site again

pibs
November 20th, 2007, 23:41
thanks wraggster, ill browse around and see if i can find small errors and such.

kcajblue
November 21st, 2007, 01:17
yay, the login box is working again on the nds section.

souLLy
November 21st, 2007, 18:50
I'm around when you need me mate, I'll be on IRC and MSN or you can send a PM my way

ExcruciationX
November 22nd, 2007, 04:10
Yeah, the Dreamcast download section is still haxored, but everything else looks okay! :)

Thanks, wraggster (and everyone else that helped out)!

darksins
November 23rd, 2007, 15:17
JKKDARK: question do u know which anime those 2 pics of you are? and btw mine ds emu doesn't work

tsimehC
November 24th, 2007, 01:40
Chat is still haxorred I think.

JPJunkie
November 25th, 2007, 10:02
Thanks for getting the site back up :)