PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Store for PSP goes live in the US

wraggster
November 20th, 2007, 22:40
More on the subject this time from Engadget

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5679/playstationstorepspva5.th.jpg (http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=playstationstorepspva5.jpg)

The online Playstation Store for the PSP just quietly went live on our side of the world with two downloadable PSP titles, 16 PSone titles, and a handful of themes, wallpapers, and videos. Wipeout Pure and Syphon Filter: Combat Ops are the first two $10 PSP games out of the gate, and highlights of the PSone list include Twisted Metal 2, Crash Bandicoot, and Tekken 2, all for $6. The store requires the download of a Windows-only loader app to transfer files to your PSP -- and now, after waiting all this time for PS3-free downloads, we're kinda wondering why we can't sync up over WiFi. Eh, don't let our grumpy whining bother you -- go get your game on and let us know how things are working for you in comments.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/20/playstation-store-for-psp-goes-live-in-the-us/

parkermauney
November 20th, 2007, 22:51
Woot woot woot.
Can't wait to try this out.

pibs
November 20th, 2007, 23:07
wow finally ill be able to put ps1 games on my psp without my ps3 :rolleyes:

Veskgar
November 21st, 2007, 01:03
Damn, you practically have to give up a sample of your DNA in order to sign up for the site.

I just wanted to check out those new themes but had to take a break from the ridiculously drawn out sign up process.

havoc_012
November 21st, 2007, 01:16
I don't really have much interest in the Playstation store but $6 is a pretty good price for psx games.

devdj
November 21st, 2007, 01:38
not much point in this playstation store it's only for noobs and a waste of time and money, just go and download iso's there shared freely.

IM back!
November 21st, 2007, 01:59
thats lilgal and brain dead

Veskgar
November 21st, 2007, 02:03
Alright so I finally finished the sign-up process. Thought all was good. Tried to download a theme and then realized that I had to download and install a PC app (PlayStation Network Downloader) and also have my PSP connected via USB.

All that for 3 Siphon Filter themes. And the themes are not even that good. All 3 reuse the same icons but just put a different wallpaper.

The themes found on the UK site are much better. I'd like to see better official themes than this. Speaking of that, has anyone used that SONY app to make your own themes? And where to preview/download?

Oh, I should point out that I am using a Slim PSP with 3.71 M33-3. It was no problem downloading and installing themes. My main concern is what would activating a 3.71 M33-3 PSP do? Through the store you can connect your PSP and activate it. I'm curious as to what this means and what if any negative effects this would have using CFW.

If SONY can implement PSP game manuals with PSP game downloads that you can pull up when pressing HOME like when playing PSX games on POPS I'll start buying PSP games through the store.

DPyro
November 21st, 2007, 02:46
Looks like Sony is coming out with PSN cards now:

From time to time, SCEA may issue promotional codes or “promo codes” which can be used to access promotional offers for PSN content or services. Each promo code will be subject to specific terms and conditions which will be communicated to you in connection with the promotion. Promo codes may not be available in all countries or to all users, and age restrictions may apply. Promo codes must be used before the specified expiration date, and in accordance with applicable terms and conditions. Unless otherwise stated, promo codes may be used once only by the recipient and may not be transferred or sold to any other person.

JKKDARK
November 21st, 2007, 02:46
Great news, no more PS3

Cloudhunter
November 21st, 2007, 07:57
Oh, I should point out that I am using a Slim PSP with 3.71 M33-3. It was no problem downloading and installing themes. My main concern is what would activating a 3.71 M33-3 PSP do? Through the store you can connect your PSP and activate it. I'm curious as to what this means and what if any negative effects this would have using CFW.

No negative effects as far as I'm aware. It's main use is downloading games - themes can be acquired through other places.

If you look at http://www.consolespot.net I think they have some themes for 3.71.

Cloudy

kjetil1991
November 21st, 2007, 13:08
yes now everyone can enjoy old ps1 classics without the expensive ps3 =D

Tron_Fan
November 21st, 2007, 14:20
I downloaded a game last night to my PSP. The download was AGONIZINGLY slow. But once the game was up and running it was OK, except the controls are a bit awkward at first until you get used to them. There is no L2 and R2 so they supplement that by having either the analog or directional pad fill in for it.

The game came with a manual you can access during play and also alternate sets of controls for the PSP. I hope they expand the library a bit (I'd love to see Soul Reaver on there), but overall pretty cool.

jinqui242
November 21st, 2007, 17:53
It's a nice layout, but they should have come out with this store a year or two ago.

lcap
November 22nd, 2007, 18:26
It's only me or others with CFW 3.71 M33-3can't connect the PSP to the service?

I think it can't recoginize the psp for the USB port of that firmware, as it doesn't seem to be device PSP TYPE (some letter) but some other letters and numbers.

Any one has the same problem?