PDA

View Full Version : Gadget news. [IM NOT STOPPING]

sourced
November 21st, 2007, 10:49
to you people who locked my previous thread, if you look at my other gadget threads, NONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN LOCKED. AND A LOT OF PEOPLE SEEM IN FAVOR OF THEM AND THEY DONT BRING ANY PROBLEMS. I DONT POST JUNK, I WORK TO BRING INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT TO THE MEMBERS OF DCEMU, NOW, TELL ME THATS JUNK AND IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHOS GOING TO DISAGREE WITH YOU.

Usb Powered Necktie Fan; Stay Cool Under Pressure
http://www.inventionreaction.com/images/articles/usb-necktie-fan.jpg
USB's are commonly used in the modern world and variations continue to emerge, revealing new interesting concepts and means of portable data use. The latest USB accessory comes in the form of a tie, suited towards those who feel the heat around their neck whilst sporting a tie. Limited market we believe, nonetheless invention company Thanko have manufactured the idea in Japan, named the USB Powered Necktie Fan. Nice and catchy title they have there, and it does do exactly as the name suggests. The USB powers a small fan built into the knot of the tie to keep you cool, in at least one sense of the word. The tie's portability is restricted to the length of the USB cable though.

Ant Habitat From Antworks

http://www.inventionreaction.com/images/articles/antworks_invention.jpg
Creepy crawlies may appear dull and boring, but this 'AntWorks' brings action and intrigue to an otherwise mundane viewing. Ants can lift up to 20 times their own body weight; have two stomachs and three eyes. They often work together, commonly in large groups, to achieve everyday tasks. The guys over at NASA have worked together in a similar fashion to create a healthy habitat for your ant collection. The habitat allows you to view the routes taken by individual ants as they alter the aqua blue gel into a spectrum of different colors.

AntWorks is based on an advanced form of gel which ensures a safe and vibrant existence for both the ants and the onlooker. The effects are stunning, and the more ants used, the more intricate, extensive and elaborate the paths become.

The idea was derived from NASA, during an experimentation phase for animal life and existence in space.

+ The AntWorks Gel (Non Toxic) is complete with nutrients to promote healthy growth in the new colony.
+ Watch the ants' progress and weave through the gel illuminating the surrounding areas.
+ An LED illuminator is included to offer not only a habitat but also light functionality.

+ Easy to maintain since ants surprisingly require no food or water.
+ Case dimensions: 6.5"x 5.5"x 1.25"

Each 'Antworks' includes the following:

Case and gel
Magnifying glass
Four blue LED's embedded in base
Ant catching / tunnel starting tool
Instruction booklet with interesting facts about ants
No ants included. With over a trillion ants in existence, go find some!

So with the cool effects and lighting displays this really is an unconventional yet attractive piece, bringing you closer to nature and retaining that natural feeling. Just remember to close the case!

Muscle Suit From Tokyo
http://www.inventionreaction.com/images/articles/muscle_suit_gadget.jpg
Ok, so you want to build up your muscles and allow yourself to lift weights impressively. All you need is a huge suit, air compressor and a regulator strapped across both your shoulders making you look like a Legion Of Doom wrestler.

Oddly enough, the suit is designed to assist you in lifting heavy items, but why on earth would this sample image be lifting dumbells? We have no idea either, but for manual labour this may just prove beneficial.

The product was developed in a Tokyo Science University, so don't go telling me students have too much time on their hands, or is that shoulders.

Led Umbrella
http://www.inventionreaction.com/images/articles/led_umbrella_gadget.jpg
http://www.gadget-playground.com/images/weird-gadget-glow-brick.jpg
Introducing the new LED umbrella. This new device comes equipped with a built in LED light which illuminates in the dark. At the touch of a button the light shines into action offering a safe and secure passage to your destination. The light is embedded inside the handle to lighten the area under the umbrella hood.

Come day or night, this gadget has got you covered despite looking like a Star Wars light saber.

So for those of you who can't handle a long walk home in the dark, this LED umbrella is sure to make that walk a little bit brighter.

The Glow Brick,
One Seriously Funky Lamp
http://www.gadget-playground.com/images/glowbrick.jpg
My favorite, of the many gadget style lamps, is the nifty, fascinating and ingenious glow brick.

The Glow Brick has to be the grooviest mood light you can get your hands on, and it’s a bargain. You will love it, your partner will love it and your friends and family will love it too.

I love these so much I already have three and I have bought a couple as birthday presents...

...because of this I hope I am the coolest present buyer ever... (but probably not)

What is it and how does it work...?

The glow brick is basically a light bulb embedded in a transparent plastic block.

The bulb soaks up all the solar power it can throughout the day and then automatically releases it at night in a lovely, radiant glowing light perfect for parties or mood setting.

The Glow Brick has to be the grooviest, down right coolest mood light available today...

With the bulb suspended in a clear plastic block you get the effect that the bulb is levitating all on its own... very, very cool and groovy.

PSPdemon
November 21st, 2007, 14:12
to you people who locked my previous thread, if you look at my other gadget threads, NONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN LOCKED. AND A LOT OF PEOPLE SEEM IN FAVOR OF THEM AND THEY DONT BRING ANY PROBLEMS. I DONT POST JUNK, I WORK TO BRING INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT TO THE MEMBERS OF DCEMU, NOW, TELL ME THATS JUNK AND IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHOS GOING TO DISAGREE WITH YOU.

only reason i locked it is because of the attitude and the flaming going on in the thread.

dont start things up, and dont flame either, if you dont like how somthings handled, talk to that person in PM. PLEASE DO NOT BRING IT INTO THE FORUMS.

Please do mature after this.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

ExcruciationX
November 21st, 2007, 14:38
Yeah, sourced, it's like you picked the fight yourself.

Sonicboy 101
November 21st, 2007, 14:42
You're gonna get yourself another infraction.
Just PM them man. This isn't gonna help at all.

Johnny Rash
November 21st, 2007, 14:56
He really isn't doing anything wrong.

Just let him work his magic.

ICE
November 21st, 2007, 16:02
I want a muscle suit. That is sweet.

ExcruciationX
November 21st, 2007, 17:00
The pictures are screwed up.

kcajblue
November 21st, 2007, 17:39
yeah, the pics are messed up.

but anyway, im pretty sure ive seen a video of that ant thing a long time ago.
it was interesting.

sourced
November 21st, 2007, 22:03
edit, ill fix the pics later when i get home from school.