PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Outsells Wii for the 2nd Consecutive week in Japan

DarthPaul
November 21st, 2007, 17:12
That's right, according to RipTen (http://www.ripten.com/2007/11/21/ps3-outsells-wii-in-japan-for-a-second-week/) the Sony PS3 outsold the Nintendo Wii for 2 weeks in a row.

The latest sales are in from Japan for the week starting 12/11 and ending 18/11, and surprisingly the PS3 is holding on in there with its new 40GB model, fighting off Nintendo’s Wii for another week. The Xbox360 also sees a rise, and Super Mario Galaxy and Heavenly Sword also having respectable sales. Find out the numbers after the jump.

Hardware:

DSLite: 81000
PSP: 66000
PS3: 53000
Wii: 36000
PS2: 8800
Xbox360: 5700

Impressive, huh? The Wii is going down very bad.

Discuss via Comments

DarthPaul
November 21st, 2007, 17:20
Reminds me of this post on the thread showing the consoles sales charts of the last week.

Good for them, but I'm sure Wii will be better next week.

:rofl: Haha, noob. :)

wolfpack
November 21st, 2007, 18:43
This is very surprising...
For once the Wii is outdone. Now we just need to get the 360 up and running for battle.

Sonicboy 101
November 21st, 2007, 18:48
It's good that it's doing better than Wii, but the DS is the thing it needs to overtake!
I really doubt it'll happen though.

Nicko01
November 21st, 2007, 19:40
YAY PS3!!!!!
But, I still don't understand why everyone likes the DS so much... I got rid of mine because it sucked. Wii is alright, but much better once it's modchipped. PS3 is just awesome, except when it crashes.....
I don't have a 360, but they are pretty good from what i've seen. I can't believe PS2 is still beating 360 though....
PS2 should be dead by now in my oppinion.

mike_jmg
November 21st, 2007, 22:56
Hell yeah, die wii die

Veskgar
November 22nd, 2007, 01:22
I think the PS3 has more long-term potential which is why its seeing a slow start. Its power and potential with firmware updates and stuff make it the "next-gen" console likely to grow the most. As developers find it easier and easier to tap into the PS3's power, they will stop releasing loads of shovelware for the DS and Wii and the PS3 will eventually see some mind-blowing never thought possible games.

And another thing going for the PS3 is that Blu-Ray is the superior Hi-Def format. I'll argue it all day with anyone. If you take your HD audio and video seriously, you'll research and see that Blu-Ray is the superior format.

Right now I only have an XBOX 360 but now that Mario Galaxy and other great games are available for the Wii, the Wii will likely be my next choice. I'll get the PS3 within the next 6-12 months most likely.

sukhi-2006
November 22nd, 2007, 01:39
The wii doesn't have much potential it's very poor quality machine, only playing games that's not enough there is no media features i hate these kind of machines the wii will die next, that's for sure only 360 and ps3 will challenge in the next gen war i really want company like gph should release a console already gph has released the best portable system on the planet called gp2x-f200 no portable system comes close, with breakout board it an complete console already there is an rumour about the new gp2x system called gp2x-f800 which has 800mhz processor this will be awesome.

migsgiz
November 22nd, 2007, 02:10
Hell yeah, die wii die
ill second that!, **** wii

da_sledge
November 22nd, 2007, 04:46
While the raw gaming power of the PS3 cannot be denied, I can't help but think that the Wii sales numbers would be much higher if Nintendo could make enough units to meet the current demand ;)

deviouscontrol
November 22nd, 2007, 06:25
Probably because all the gamers in japan already have a wii.

Gold Line
November 22nd, 2007, 14:26
OMG the ps3 outsold something 2 WEEKS IN A ROW i'm impressed.

puslar_t
November 22nd, 2007, 14:32
YAY PS3!!!!!
But, I still don't understand why everyone likes the DS so much... I got rid of mine because it sucked. Wii is alright, but much better once it's modchipped. PS3 is just awesome, except when it crashes.....
I don't have a 360, but they are pretty good from what i've seen. I can't believe PS2 is still beating 360 though....
PS2 should be dead by now in my oppinion.

No offence but good riddance! Now if only we could get rid of the DAMN PONY LOVING crowds maybe we'll get better software for the DS.

On a more serious note, the Japanese seem to be getting into 7th gen gaming proper now. Which is a good thing.

DvdXploitr
November 24th, 2007, 07:35
If you look at the statistics of game console sales in Japan; you will see that over the course of the Wii & PS3 release date, the Wii has outsold the PS3 3 to 1, 6 to 1 and 2 to 1 at various time periods, always in favor of the Wii; In fact, as of the end of September '07, Wii had sold 3.67 Million consoles in Japan compared to the PS3s 1.14 Million. Again, a ratio of ~ 3 to 1; So why is the PS3 selling more than the Wii in Japan now? Answer: Because everyone that plays video games in Japan already has their Wii!! They are getting the PS3 as a 2nd console! The ones that are buying Wii's in Japan now, are the few 1.14 Million that bought the PS3 when it came out! Also, to the person that said the Wii doesn't have Multimedia features like the Xbox360 and PS3, it also don't have the price tag of 'em either! Yes, I know the Xbox360 has a $279 package but a 512MB Memory card (to equal the Wii's internal memory) is $40-$50 which pushes the Xbox360 price to $320-$330 and you STILL have to buy a game...another $50-$60 where the Wii comes with one....So...now ur looking at $370-$390 for a game console with a game and memory that can play DVDs, MP3s, various video files, etc...And The PS3 price is $400+$60 for a game ($460) and true, u get a Multimedia system like the Xbox360...but you notice, ur pretty much paying an extra $120-$140 for the "Multimedia functions" of the console. Sure, the Wii is "Just" a game system. That is what Nintendo was after...a GAME CONSOLE, a console designed for ease of use to get ex-gamers and new gamers into the scene....The console is cheaper as Nintendo has pretty much always kept that $249 barrier on their new systems compared to Sony and Microsoft having the $300+ starting price....i'm getting off on the subject...and no, i'm NOT trying to say the Wii is better than any other game console...it's all based on preference, budget and availability...

Predator
November 25th, 2007, 22:13
Thats because most people in Japan have a Wii already.
Japan sales till now: Wii 3.82Million, PS3 1.40Million.
PS3 still has a loooong way to go.