PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Phone "definitely plausible", says Sony

Shrygue
November 21st, 2007, 19:25
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=176108)

Talk of Sony making a PlayStation Phone has erupted on the internet once again as Sony Computer Entertainment's co-chief operating officer, Jim Ryan, states that such a gadget is "definitely plausible".

Speaking to the Economic Times, Ryan said, "The PlayStation is a proven success and so is Sony Ericsson. Convergence with the two arms working together is definitely plausible. It is hugely intellectually seductive to have a console oriented phone."

He goes on to comment: "What has been done is finding a match between a camera and a mobile phone, and that has been done wherein the mobile phone features are not reasonably inhibited and the camera is also a reasonably competitive product. It is hugely intellectually seductive to have a console-oriented phone".

Ryan later explains that, should such a device work well, the phone functionality would have to be built into a primarily game-playing machine, not the other way around like cameras in phones.

He makes no mention of when a so-called PlayStation Phone device may actually come into fruition.

This follows previous rumours sparked off by a patent filled by Sony Japan's Ericsson Mobile Communications dept. for a PSP-looking, phone-enabled device back in November last year. Check that out here, if you can be arsed to read through lines of repetitive, over-complicated jargon.

Veskgar
November 22nd, 2007, 01:08
Turn the PSP Slim & Lite into a communications device with a headset. Tapping into a broadband network over WiFi to use VoiP or Skype or something would be cool on the PSP.

And hey... that reminds me. What ever happened to that Mylo (My Life Online) thing made by SONY. It was ridiculously high priced and I've not heard more on it in like a year so I take it that bombed?

Swimkid
November 22nd, 2007, 01:10
Thats just STUPID!