PDA

View Full Version : Caprice32 PSP - Amstrad CPC emulator for PlayStation Portable

wraggster
November 21st, 2007, 21:02
Uberjack (http://0xff.akop.org/) has released a new emulator for the PSP, heres the release details:

Caprice32 4.2.0.0 is the latest addition to the collection of emulators. It’s an Amstrad CPC emulator, and is my second choice for a port. My initial attempt was to port Arnold, which is a (arguably) more accurate emulator, but due to its poor performance on the PSP (~15 fps), the idea was scrapped.

Caprice32 is a lot faster, though the rendering subsystem used in the current version is from version 4.1.0, for performance reasons. If/when the renderer is optimized, the PSP port will be updated to reflect the change.

Current version is also missing ZIP file support - this will be implemented if enough people express interest.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

240-185
November 21st, 2007, 22:58
Gave it a try. Attempted to use the on-screen keyboard.
I _can't_ write a quote due to crappy support of shift key. So I had to map the L trigger with square button in order to write these "s.

It's a pity because the emulator is very great though.

However, I DO need a .ZIP support as all my disk images are zipped :D

dazman
November 22nd, 2007, 09:12
This is great,

I love the amstrad cpc.

I can't get it to see SNA files, it appears to only see DSK which means typeing cat and then run "name of game" etc.

If if could be made to see SNA then it would save time loading.

great work. and many thanks