PDA

View Full Version : revolution conspiracy

J@F
July 19th, 2005, 07:27
I've been thinking about this for a while. remember that nintendo ON video, and its opening showing all of nintendo's past consoles? when I saw it (by that time it was a confirmed fake) I woundered why he showed them. then E3 came and Big N told us of revolutions backwards compatability. that's when I thought, "how will revolution be able to play virtual boy and DS" I then thought "well that nintendo on VR idea would work. then nintendo tells use no HD (I don't think I care too much) I think "well, it'd be hard to make hd VR glasses" (In the video though, It looks like the REV will be able to output to a tv& computer. It makes sense, safety wise, to have a nother display. so your friends can make shore you don't walk into a brick wall) and then the video shows an arrow pointing from a gamecube to REV an a mysterious box. I believe that box could be that wireless usb 2.0 router thing (the real nintendo on; on as in online) and you would need it to send stuff to REV (so the "gamecube" pic could actually be refering to previous gen games in general and the whole diagram explained what's needed to download the games on to REV) the router also could clarify some vague nintendo statements about what they wanted revolution to be (you know, they were some of the first REV details where they were talking about how they want REV to be wireless.) I think there's a likely conection between that VID and what REV will be.

pretty solid conspiracy, right?

luigi
July 19th, 2005, 13:29
I wish that Nintendo On vid was real. I dont know about your conspiracy, i think the revolution pad will be the revolutionary aspect, an all touchscreen customisable beauty hopefully. wasnt the vid made as a protest over nintendo lack of innovation at that time?

ptr.exe
July 20th, 2005, 12:35
Ummmm.... No.

There were rumours for ages about Revolution having dual-screen/projectors/goggles. They're all nonsense, the reason Nintendo announced ages ago that the Rev. would have VGA support is to stop those rumours by telling people it will use a standard monitor/TV.
The router has been announced, its just that - a router, nothing more.

Can you imagine if what you're saying is true? Nintendo would die. The Rev. would be a complete failure, not even ninty is stupid enough to try again with the Virtual Boy concept.

Also, the Revolution wont have downloadable hand-held games only home consoles, so that pretty much rules out any need for dual screens (DS) or goggles (VB). As Luigi said, the revolutionary aspect will be the controllers, can't wait to see them.

krowstrife
July 21st, 2005, 03:21
well nintendo has confirm that the REV has four gamecube controller ports so maybe the conspriracy is true and in order to play old games is the gamecube controllers or else all games would use the normal rev controllers if it wasn't true

ps just saying if it was true you would use gamecube controllers to play old game

and if it wasn't true, i would think that they would use the "new Controllers", but why would you have gamecube controllers,

just saying, it prolly aint true but if it was it might be cool

ptr.exe
July 21st, 2005, 14:41
The GC ports are there because its backwards compatible with GC, they've shown pics of the GC bit of the Rev. on the top a flap opens out where there is 4 ports and 2 mem. card ports. However what has that to do with his claims of dual screen/virtual reality?

Anything is possible but this seems so unlikely.

J@F
July 21st, 2005, 19:07

Ummmm.... No.

There were rumours for ages about Revolution having dual-screen/projectors/goggles. They're all nonsense, the reason Nintendo announced ages ago that the Rev. would have VGA support is to stop those rumours by telling people it will use a standard monitor/TV.
The router has been announced, its just that - a router, nothing more.

Can you imagine if what you're saying is true? Nintendo would die. The Rev. would be a complete failure, not even ninty is stupid enough to try again with the Virtual Boy concept.

Also, the Revolution wont have downloadable hand-held games only home consoles, so that pretty much rules out any need for dual screens (DS) or goggles (VB). As Luigi said, the revolutionary aspect will be the controllers, can't wait to see them

It doesn't look solid anymore

I don't think it's really true. It just looked like the guy who made the vid knew things about REV that we didn't yet. I wasn't sure REV would play handhelds; but, I thought after reading something on ign (http://gear.ign.com/articles/634/634114p1.html) that it did.

Nintendo announced a while back that the Revolution would be backwards-compatible, and at this year's E3 it dropped the bomb about just how backwards-compatible it is: the system will be capable of playing games from every Nintendo system released to date, including the NES, SNES, N64 and GameCube. REV not playing handhelds makes my conspiracy as solid as a bubble.

ptr.exe
July 22nd, 2005, 21:16
I think it may play GameBoy and GBC and possibly GBA, but not VB, and definatley not DS, as thats still an 'active' console.