PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] iR Shell 3.8

AhMan
November 22nd, 2007, 05:25
iR Shell 3.8

This release adds support to PSP Slim, plus various new features. Basically, all existing & new features are the same between Phat & Slim, with the exception of Slim can't use Infra-Red remote. BTW, I will be taking a long break from the scene. If there are any critical bugs in this release, I will try to fix them before leaving.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/8974/irsmenupo1.jpg (http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=irsmenupo1.jpg)

Digg This and Help Spread the Word (http://digg.com/gaming_news/iR_Shell_3_8)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/iR_Shell_3_8

Here is a list of feature highlights. For details, refer to the release note in the archive.

Supports the latest M33 firmwares across both Phat & Slim. Slim users can choose among 3.60M33, 3.71M33-1 to 3.71M33-3.
PSOne 2-Player Adhoc Support.
Introduces a new Context Menu System. Functions (plugins) under context menu will always be available to all file types, similar to the right mouse menu click under Windows.
Added a new Multi-tasking PRX Plugin System. This allows user written PRX Plugins for iR Shell to multi-task with another game/app. The included PRX HTML/Text Viewer developed by korDen allows you to view HTML & Text documents while playing games or homebrews..
With the help from Dark_AleX, support to M33 & NP9660 No UMD Modes have been added. NetHostFS & UsbHostFS are also available for the No UMD modes.
Added support to the latest Popsloader for 3.71M33-3 by Dark_AleX.
Allow random start of MP3 for the alarm clock function, so you'll be greeted with different tunes each morning.
Added the options to put your PSP to auto-sleep while idle to save battery.
Allows you to press Hot-Key to turn off/on all LEDs. The annonying memory stick or WiFi LEDs will no longer distract you from watching your favorite video/movie.
Support TV-Out for Slim via component cable.
Added the display of volume bar for PSP main volume in iR Shell.
plus numerous bug fixes.

Special thanks to:

Dark_AleX for his help and support in iR Shell development. Many of the M33 related features are made possible with his assistance.
Tyranid and other developers in ps2dev.org for creating the pspsdk.
StoneCut, F34R and other moderators who keep irshell.org running and providing technical support to the community.
korDen for making a multi-tasking HTML/Text Viewer plugin specific for iR Shell.
All iR Shell beta testers, donators, skins & plugin contributors.

Credits:

M33 Custom firmware & popsloader are developed by Dark_AleX/M33.
remotejoyGUI for Windows & Cleanup Script is developed by StoneCut.
remotejoy & usbhostfs are developed by Tyranid.
The included HTML/Text PRX Plugin is developed by korDen.
The included EDIT Plugin is based on pspwrite by Zx81. Thanks to Zx81 for creating a nice text editor for PSP. The modified source code can be found in irshell.org forum.
iR Shell bundled skins & plugins are developed by their corresponding authors.
iR Shell Manual & FAQs are written by StoneCut.

If you enjoy using this release, you can make a paypal donation by clicking the donation link below:
Donation Link (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&[email protected])

Download Links (26MB):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/453w80
http://rapidshare.com/files/71408170/pspirshell38.zip.html (mirror)

For other optional components, such as skins, pronto codes, etc, refer to previous release.

For technical supports, pls visit www.irshell.org forum.

================================================== =================

[EDIT Nov 23]
A bug fix release is out to resolve the firmware patch bug which causes all kinds of incompatibility issues with homebrews & umd. Refer to the iR Shell 3.81 release thread for download link.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80106

Safari Al
November 22nd, 2007, 05:37
Nice man :thumbup: this app has always helped me a ton! Thanks for working so hard on it ;)

Wally
November 22nd, 2007, 05:55
GREAT STUFF!! Finally I can play NES on my TV :D

lilbart90
November 22nd, 2007, 06:05
THANK YOU!!! im so excited, sooner or later im gonna get a slim for the TVOUT features and enjoy this application so much more. my psp phat/slim combo can conquer all!!

Emeriastone
November 22nd, 2007, 06:18
Awesome!

kcajblue
November 22nd, 2007, 06:33
as always, nice stuff dude.

be safe on your break from the scene.

Johnny_Mcbride
November 22nd, 2007, 06:39
Thank you so much for this :D

Enjoy your break man :)

Johnny_Mcbride
November 22nd, 2007, 06:57
Is anyone else having problems with NP9660 No UMD mode asking for a umd to be inserted :(

Same is happening with the m33 no umd mode plugin :(

Only oe no umd mode is working as it should :( (its not as compatible as the other two)

Kinda defeats the purpose.

hartleyshc
November 22nd, 2007, 07:07
Is anyone else having problems with NP9660 No UMD mode asking for a umd to be inserted :(

Same is happening with the m33 no umd mode plugin :(

Only oe no umd mode is working as it should :( (its not as compatible as the other two)

Kinda defeats the purpose.

you have NP9660 mode set within the irshell configurator right?
the configurator supersedes any setting set in recovery menu.

Johnny_Mcbride
November 22nd, 2007, 07:10
you have NP9660 mode set within the irshell configurator right?
the configurator supersedes any setting set in recovery menu.

yep

Johnny_Mcbride
November 22nd, 2007, 07:20
nevermind. you have to run the update patch file first before they work.

Thanks for this ahman! you rule :D

Zargon
November 22nd, 2007, 07:45
Another excellent update to an already excellent shell.

Keep up the good work and try as hard as possible to relax (Oxymoron if I ever heard one) from time to time. Keep the mind up to snuff and the stress low.

havoc_012
November 22nd, 2007, 08:17
Wow. This is a pretty cool program. Thanks Ahmen.

BTW, does anyone know if this outputs video in progressive scan or interlaced?

Sterist
November 22nd, 2007, 08:48
two different amazing teams combine to form what? something beautiful! that's what! something that sony couldn't even dream of.

danknugz
November 22nd, 2007, 09:41
GREAT STUFF!! Finally I can play NES on my TV :D you do realize how absurd that statement is, don't you?

thanks for the great release ahman! i was wondering, does the adhoc act as a 2nd controller,( mmm 2 player hogs of war!) or is it link games only? ( armoured core, im looking in your direction...)
thanks again!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Baboon
November 22nd, 2007, 09:51
I've not used irshell for ages but the two-player ps1 games feture will soon change this.

Looking good! :)

DarthPaul
November 22nd, 2007, 11:07
iRShell = Best piece of homebrew for PSP

That's an extremely great changelog. I wish my brothers were hard-core with the PSP like me, so I could enjoy that Ad-Hoc Multiplayer feature for the PSOne games.
But that's not all the good of this changelog, also the feature of multi-tasking PRXs, the No-UMD drivers, Auto-Sleep when Idle, random MP3s on the alarm clock! This is perfect for me, because after some time with the same noise playing over and over, and over and over again, I get use to it and I won't wake up anymore. With random noises playing every day this won't happen anymore.

Thank You AhMan! This is a nice release, and nice application. I've downloaded every single update of iRShell. I'm turning 18 the next month. So you will see my name in the donations list soon. ;)

eatnooM
November 22nd, 2007, 11:44
Wow, this release is superspecialawesome. Your work is very much appreciated, AhMan, enjoy your break! :)

ddelima90
November 22nd, 2007, 12:22
Congratulations AhMan, enjoy your holidays! Felicitaciones desde Uruguay, sudamerica, muy buen trabajo.
Just a question, Can I switch the Mp3 player to random songs? Please answer.

XxunknowxX
November 22nd, 2007, 13:01
finally i been waitin for a slim IRshell update is about time. thnx.

ICE
November 22nd, 2007, 14:09
Thank You!

kjetil1991
November 22nd, 2007, 15:32
wow this was the coolest homebrew yet ;)

Saracchini
November 22nd, 2007, 16:20
It will run in 3.52 M33-4 ?
I dont want update again to 3.71 M33... it bricks a lot with me...

zanco
November 22nd, 2007, 16:40
So... I have been seeing IR shell everywhere ... but what does it do?

NoQuarter
November 22nd, 2007, 18:25
Nice release,been waiting for this one :)

Aryn
November 22nd, 2007, 19:23
This version of IRShell is excellent, I will definitely be getting a lot of use out of it in the near future and as soon as I am able to do so I will try to donate. :)

Oh, I have one minor complaint, ELoader always freezes up while loading homebrew after being launched through IRShell. Perhaps this can be fixed in later versions of this program.

b_simpson1999
November 22nd, 2007, 20:07
well i got le recover v3 on seplugins and it was working before but now it's not working at all. some of my psx game work on my memory card loading off xmb and irshell but not on usbhost plus how do you get the wi-fi host to work as well?

Shrygue
November 22nd, 2007, 20:18
Oh yeah finally! An update for irShell is absolute ace! I'll get this now!

P5,000

gelon
November 22nd, 2007, 22:48
My video-test

Agreed ... best PSP software ever ;-)

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=qb40_-ZU7dU

CaptainMorgan4
November 23rd, 2007, 00:49
A bug I have to report: After switching to iRShell 1.5 if I select any kind of reset under the reset icon I get returned to the XMB or freeze, also from switching from 3.71 to 1.5. I see the patch folder in the iRShell folder, do I have to run this to maybe fix these issues, I've never seen a patch file for iRShell before so I'm confused. How do I patch though because the readme's are empty for me. HELP?

b_simpson1999
November 23rd, 2007, 10:48
A bug I have to report: After switching to iRShell 1.5 if I select any kind of reset under the reset icon I get returned to the XMB or freeze, also from switching from 3.71 to 1.5. I see the patch folder in the iRShell folder, do I have to run this to maybe fix these issues, I've never seen a patch file for iRShell before so I'm confused. How do I patch though because the readme's are empty for me. HELP?

yeah you have to do the patch, the txt files are empty because the file name of the text file should help, hope this helps.