PDA

View Full Version : Helpd required : corrupted start following pandora downgrade

bgruselle
November 22nd, 2007, 08:21
Hi
can anyone help please
Here is the problem:
I tried to downgrade a friend's PSP from 3.52 m33-3 (as it was not possible to update it to 3.52 m33-4) thanks to the Pandora kit.

stuff used to create the Pandora kit: ceramic white euro PSP in 3.71 M33, its battery & a sandisk MS Pro duo Gaming 1 Giga
(please note both the MS & battery had already been used to successfully unbrick another PSP and had then been restored to their former state)

(it appeared) the kit (battery + MS) was successfully created

now this is where it all goes wrong: I apparently can downgrade my friend's PSP, I restart it and end up on that blue screen where you're supposed to press "O" (normal so far)

The PSP restarts, I am asked to reconfigure the parameters: language, time zone and then it freezes.
I have no alternative but start it again, I ma no longer aske to enter parameters and the PSP freezes again in the 10 seconds to 1 minute.

I switch it off turn, it on again but nothing happens, the green power light lights up but nothing happens and it switches itself off after 10 seconds and that's it!

I try another downgrade with the same kit, the 3 lights light up but the downgrade does not initiate. I switch it off, turn it on again, this time the downgrade initiate only to halt at some % when I get a "PSAR panic error" (or something, as I can remember) and from then on I only get the 3 loghts on when I restart the PSP again and that's it, no more downgrade initiation; I have to create the magic MS again for it to work again but from then on it is back to the start as described above (have done all of this at least 4 times!)

Could the problem come from corrupted keys that are not cleared when downgrading (I have no idea)? Couldit be the MS is not a sony and though the magic stick appears to be created properly, maybe there is a problem with it (but I used it successfully in the past)?

Thanks A LOT for your help
Ben

hodgy47
November 24th, 2007, 01:49
Your memstick will be ok as i use a sandisk to do all my downgrades/unbricks it sounds like 1.50 update is corrupt download another one and try again, if not redo the whole stick again using the new 1.50 you downloaded and then if not convert your memstick to a despetar cementario v3 and run it, it unbricks straight to 3.71m33-2

bgruselle
November 24th, 2007, 08:04
Thanks a lot
I never thought of despsertar, probably because I have not done it yet
thanks again
cheers
Ben
will let u know how i get on

hodgy47
November 24th, 2007, 12:58
Hope it works for you if not post back cos there may be other ways.

bgruselle
November 26th, 2007, 20:00
Hi
so the creation of the despertar del cementario pack went alright, so went the updating to 3.71 m33, pressed "X" key to restart manually but then same as before: on switching the PSP on, I get the blue screen where you are required to press the "O" key, which is what I did, I was asked to input the initial parameters and it froze at the time zone selection. When I switched it off and restarted it again, I was ask to input the date and time but could not complete as it froze again, Switched it off and it wouldn't start again, lights on but black screen
I really don't know what's wrong with it I cannot complete the input of initial parameters
Please help anyone if you know
Thanks A LOT
Cheers
Ben

Wally
November 26th, 2007, 22:14
Reformat Flash1 (through recovery) that should fix everything

bgruselle
November 30th, 2007, 06:55
Hi Wally,
I reinstalled 3.71 m33 with the despertar kit (no problem so far), pressed "X" as requested to shut down the PSP. Switched it back on in recovery mode, went advanced>format flash 1 & reset settings: the screen went black, power light on for a few seconds then the PSP switched off.
When I restart it, the screen remains black, the power light is on but less than a second + I cannot get into recovery mode.

I am really starting to believe there is something wrong with this PSP and I should just reinstall official 3.71, take it back to the shop and get it changed as it is "still" under warranty, hopefully, they shouldn't be able to see it has been fiddled with if in official 3.71, I will just pretend the 3.71 update from 3.52 (original firmware the PSP came with) went wrong...

unless someone can see what is the problem and can come up with the solution
(I dumped the nand if that can help...)
Thanks A LOT
Ben

hodgy47
December 1st, 2007, 11:44
if you dumped the nand before you had the problems try restoring it, the other thing to try is get a nand dump from 1.50ofw and restore that instead that should get your psp booting inorder to use despetar again to go up to 3.71m33.
If not try to install 3.71ofw cos if that works there is nothing wrong with your psp and tells me that one of the eboots (i.e 1.50, 3.40 or 3.71 is corrupt) re-download them all and start again cos if ofw works then custom should too.

You will need a homebrew compatible psp to remake the mem stick though unless you can get an ipl thats been generated when making despetar (from someone else though incase your firmwares are corrupt) and replace the ipl on memstick and put the newly download 3.71 on there too replacing the one you already had.

bgruselle
December 14th, 2007, 13:48
I tried installing the 3.71 ofw from despertar, it installed but when I switch on the PSP again at the end otf the process I end up with a black screen
I created several despertar and pandora kits with ofw downaloaded from different website (as opposed to using those already downlaoded onto my computer
but it still would not work...
I think I will just reinstall 371 ofw from despertar, take it back to the shop and pretend the update to 3.71 (ofw) went wrong ...
I just cannot see what's wrong here!!!!
thanks

hodgy47
December 15th, 2007, 01:03
Did you redownload the firmwares and tried again with fresh downloads? and have you tried restoring nand with a nand dump from 1.50, is your battery fully charged, have you tried a different memstick cos if your psp was broken you should get the infinite bsod or nothing at all not even pandora.

ICE
December 15th, 2007, 01:54
Reformat Flash1 (through recovery) that should fix everything

Do that. Wally is correct.