PDA

View Full Version : Rein: UT III PS3 not till next year in the UK

Shrygue
November 22nd, 2007, 18:43
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=176118)

Epic boss Mark Rein has finally confirmed that the PS3 version of Unreal Tournament III will not make it to UK stores until "January or February" next year.

The Americans, however, will get their deathmatch fix this side of Christmas. As Rein explained: "Unreal Tournament 3 has been approved by SCEA and has been released to North American manufacturing.

"Midway has started talking to retailers to figure out exact timing and they will have a formal announcement early next week when everyone is back from the Thanksgiving holiday.

"My guess is that Midway will start shipping the title to North American retailers on Monday December 10th and it could show up in stores as early as December 11th but more likely toward the middle of that week."

But he goes on to say localisation will slow our release.

"For PAL territories, specifically UK and Europe, we have a few localization-related tasks to complete and then we should be starting the certification process pretty soon. My best guess is early next year (January or February) for the game to ship over there."

Still, the region-freeness of PS3 means you could grab an import copy if you're desperate to shoot people over the holiday.

DPyro
November 22nd, 2007, 21:23
What the heck is different about the UK? Do we not speak the same language?

Accordion
November 22nd, 2007, 22:07
What the heck is different about the UK? Do we not speak the same language?

i think adding all those 'u's into words takes alot of time.

I'm quite glad though really, im getting CoD4 and Uncharted for Christmas, im still on my first playthrough of Ratchet, and my dad is getting Assassins Creed as well.
For all the complaints about sony's software lineup for 07, i cant keep up.

DPyro
November 23rd, 2007, 00:31
Adding all the 'u's....but Canada uses the same 'proper' English spellings as the UK. I just don't get it...

Accordion
November 23rd, 2007, 01:42
actually i think it something about EU regulations stopping the UK from getting stock which can be exported to the rest of europe and creating extortionate profits for the UK.
So all games within the EU have to have all major european languages and be sold in unison.

Why games dont have their scripts produced in multiple languages from the start is a mystery.