PDA

View Full Version : New Level Of Immaturity From MODs?

DimensionT
November 23rd, 2007, 20:55
I've found the maturity level in some mods on this site is starting to dwindle...

Locking threads and giving infractions to people that don't deserve it, and leaving comments that blatently show how much their status is getting to their heads.

Here's one thread I have in mind:

"Its not fckin fair." (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79890)

Not only did they lock a thread that I found viable (and a much needed disscusion), but they changed the poll to indicate their "1337" status. This is either a personal vendeta against Sourced, or them just pushing their weight around in un-needed ways.

They want us to "PM" them our problems... Probably because they don't want to get PWND in public. Which I think is bull. We need an open disscusion about the matter, but they wont allow it. This to me, is communism. Supressing the peoples' views on the matter.

Something obviously needs to be fixed on this site, and I'm sure a large number of members would agree... But, they don't care about numbers and would rather just sweep the problem under the rug and forget about it.

Yeah, I know. This thread will get locked like the others... And I'll probably recieve an infraction/ban. That in it's self shows their harsh disciplinary actions. I'm not flaming anyone... Just bringing up a matter that I think needs to be fixed.

ICE
November 23rd, 2007, 21:06
The mods are immature? What about that thread posted earlier making fun of them? That wasnt immature at all.. If you have a problem with something you handle it in a MATURE manner. Posting stupid pictures and poking fun is not the way to settle anything.

DimensionT
November 23rd, 2007, 21:09
When have I ever poked fun at them or posted pictures? Not once have I done either of those.

ICE
November 23rd, 2007, 21:12
When have I ever poked fun at them or posted pictures? Not once have I done either of those.

Stop being so defensive. Did I accuse you of anything? Pretty sure I didnt. All I was pointing out is that the people complaining the most are generally just making it worse.

DimensionT
November 23rd, 2007, 21:15
The way that was worded made it seem like it was directed toward me. I don't want to do either of those, because I know they won't take me seriously.

ICE
November 23rd, 2007, 21:17
Im not saying you're right and im not saying you're wrong. All I am saying is that any valid point needs to be made in the right way or it will fall on deaf ears.

Johnny Rash
November 23rd, 2007, 21:20
It's a damn internet forum.

If they want power over cyber people...so be it.
It's ridiculous!

There is an agenda being carried out here.
Sourced, post stuffs people read!
He's the reason some people even come here.

He holds some of the most viewed and replied threads.
The problem...these threads are prone for derailing.

Derailing = Fun.
thus
DCEmu = Not fun.

The mod's need to chill out and stop giving people stupid ass infractions like mine.

But I'm situated in Homebrew Heaven (http://www.homebrewheaven.net/portal.php)!

DimensionT
November 23rd, 2007, 21:20
@ICE:
That's what I'm trying to do.

@Johnny Rash:
It didn't used to be just an internet forum, it was a great community. I've been here for a long time (even though I haven't posted much), and I've seen what it's become. People stoped being friendly and started dishing out infractions.

Sourced's threads are exactly the type of thing I'm talking about. I'd only seen the one linked to in the thread I posted... But it's something I'm totally intrested in. WAY more intresting then some of the crap I've seen posted here scot free.

ICE
November 23rd, 2007, 21:33
Lets do this right people. Add a poll. "Do you think somethings worn here?" Yes or No. If everyone thinks somethings screwy someone will take note.

DimensionT
November 23rd, 2007, 21:37
I was going to add a poll, but I figured they'd just do somthing like they did to the one Sourced posted. Whatever, I'll do it anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't add one after I've posted.

DarthPaul
November 23rd, 2007, 21:40
I totally agree with Dimension T.

These moderators to date think they're all, think they have the power over us to do what they want on the forums. To lock what they think is bad, when it's not, to give infractions without even warning before giving it, at least. I think it's not fair, they really need to do a better job. Why are moderators here? They're here to control the situations, and help. Not giving some kind of unnecesary punishments when they want to. If they come cranky, or mad, and you get in their way, they'll just give you an infraction or something. Or if they saw an horror movie some minutes ago.. Believe me,it's a personal experience.

I'm not trying to say that they leave the threads like that, or don't give infractions, but that they need to think better about what is good and what is not for the whole community, not what's better for them[mods].

kcajblue
November 23rd, 2007, 21:49
I was going to add a poll, but I figured they'd just do somthing like they did to the one Sourced posted. Whatever, I'll do it anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't add one after I've posted.just click thread tools and there should be an add poll option.

DimensionT
November 23rd, 2007, 21:54
Ah, thanks man. Poll added.

Johnny Rash
November 23rd, 2007, 21:57
Doesn't matter if the MODs change.

HH and CM are way better!
I'm up out this biatch for the most part.

Consider my future posts "visits".

SSaxdude
November 23rd, 2007, 22:18
I think the mods here are pretty good. The only problems I've seen are the occasional threads about warez that don't get locked quickly. After reading sourced's thread, I can see otherwise. It might just be that one mod.

The mods at psp-hacks are insane. I was debating one of the mods and I was proving him wrong, so he started editing my posts. I also remember the mods got into huge fights. They made the internet seem like a drama.

DimensionT
November 23rd, 2007, 22:21
Yeah, they're ok for the most part. There's just a select few that there's problems with. I don't want to drop names because I don't want it to sound like an attack on them.

PSPdemon
November 23rd, 2007, 22:50
Locked until further notice.

These kind of threads really need to stop...... -_-