PDA

View Full Version : Voip for PSP, unfinished

wraggster
November 23rd, 2007, 22:05
News/release from Nieko (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=9391)

A while ago I started working on PSPeak, a voip program for PSP, but because I hardly have time for it anymore, I decided to post it here :).

If anyone feels like continuing or lending pieces of code, go right ahead :).

The source and more can be found here: http://stuff.nieko.net/psp/PSPeak.zip

The program is in /PSPeak/src/src. In /PSPeak/src/socket I put a small testing server, which simply sends back what you send it. You'll only need sockServer.

So far, when running the program at 333MHz, I was able to hear myself vaguely when sound data was sent to the server and back. That's where I stopped :).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Gibb
November 23rd, 2007, 22:18
Ooooh, very exciting! Hopefully someone can pick this up and get it perfect!!

Nicko01
November 23rd, 2007, 23:44
I think zx-81 could finish this :)

mnuhaily22
November 24th, 2007, 03:50
Very interesting

hockey2112
November 24th, 2007, 05:32
This would be very cool. Who needs that rumored PSP-phone anyways? ;)

remansano
November 24th, 2007, 18:50
GOOD LORD!!
Can anyone (some day...) turn this into a skype-like program??
=P

LAMPRO
November 25th, 2007, 06:43
cmon someone do this -

this is the last frontier for homebrew apps on the psp for wide release and consumption.. it would be the crackmaniac most wanted and talked about psp app EVER.

If anyone wants to be held in the light of those behind the biggest emulator breakthroughs, the authors of custom firmwares, etc.. this completed homebrew app would catapult them into unforgettable limelight.

cant wait.

kam30en
November 25th, 2007, 11:06
this is the last frontier for homebrew apps on the psp for wide release and consumption.

Nope, the final frontier is xvid/divx playback (at high resolutions) like the gp2x can do.

LAMPRO
November 25th, 2007, 23:24
Nope, the final frontier is xvid/divx playback (at high resolutions) like the gp2x can do.

yeah hi res would be cool, but that korean guys app, called psplayer plays the avi files really nice, nice enough- bottom line it works.. but there in NO voip app for the psp yet, so.. that would be the hugest breakthrough imho.

i checked this thread again thats how dope it would be. lol.