PDA

View Full Version : R4DS Cheat editor help

ness42153
November 24th, 2007, 00:41
I need some help with puting in some cheats to my cheat database

all right, heres my problem , first i try moving my past CHEAT database from my R4 system files to the cheat code editor v1.01, and when i try and open that database it says error : database format error

so i think no worry i can just over write it with the online database and include my naruto cheats (what i want to put in)

so i download the updated cheat database and try to open it with the cheat code editor, again i get error: database format error

ok now i try JUST creating a cheat database for naruto- i put in all of the information i got from http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/narutopathoftheninja/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-39176502&pid=939797

i put all the cheats in that i wanted in a new cheat database and i replaced it in my R4 system files and booted up my ds

there were no cheats for any game (duh cause i erased the cheat database) but none for Naruto path of the ninja either

is there any way to get around this just to use the cheats i want for naruto? then later i could put it back to normal

K1ckass
December 24th, 2007, 19:21
LoL, you're doing it completely wrong! :D
CHEAT.DAT is a file that can't be opened using the Cheat Code editor. These are the standard R4DS codes.
What you have to do:

1. Start the Code Editor
2. Import/add your codes
3. Use "File(F) > Save cheat database... " and save the codelist as "usrcheat.dat" in the _system_ folder of your R4DS.
4. Pull out the Micro SD cart, put it in the R4DS cart, put the R4DS cart in your Nintendo DS (Lite) and start your Nintendo DS (Lite).
5. When you're in the R4DS main menu, choose games and highlight the game you want to use codes with (naruto in your case).
6. You'll now see two "Cheat" buttons in the lower screen. It'll look like this:
________ _____
CHEAT (Y)| |CHEAT|

You need the second button (CHEAT). Just press it and voila, there are your codes. ;)

The readme file of the Cheat Code Editor tells you that you have to put usrcheat.dat in the root of your R4DS, but this isn't true. Just put it in the _system_ folder and it'll work.
Greets,

k1ckass a.k.a. -FLeX-

preetyforu
December 27th, 2007, 08:32
It's obvious you want some kind of upper hand and unfair advantage over those who don't already know the questions going into the test. get good scores like the rest of us did-the old fashioned way...study
I strongly encourage anyone who has taken the DAT to not submit to this request. It will only hurt you and the viability of the scores you worked hard to earn.

preety
webmaster
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org