PDA

View Full Version : MapThis 5.2 & FW 3.71m33-3 Bug

An0nJ0hn
November 24th, 2007, 01:01
Hello all,

There seems to be a problem with MapThis 5.20 and FW 3.71m33-3 getting along. Out of boredom and curiosity about the reception, I put MapThis 5.2 on my second PSP that I recently updated.

The program loads normally and works well with regards to reception. Curiously though, when I try to quit the App. it locks up my PSP every time. The first time it happened it also caused the blue screen requiring me to press circle in order to reset my settings. All of my settings including the recovery menu options were reset.
Since that occasion the reset screen has not occurred yet the PSP still locks up whether I use the select button or the home button in order to exit the app.

Here is my set up:
PSP 1001
TA-079 motherboard.
FW: 3.71m33-3
1.5 v2 add on
premo_plugin.rco and premo_plugin.prx replaced with the ones from OFW 3.72 for remote play (remote power on/off) purposes.

I tested some other homebrew app.'s (both 1.5 and 3.x kernal) and none of them had this problem with the FW.

Thank you for your time.

AJ

wpuig02
November 24th, 2007, 01:30
that happened with my slim 2 on 3.71 m33-3

aerischan
November 26th, 2007, 19:23
Hmm, tried this on my PSP:
Model No.: PSP 1001
Motherboard: TA-079
Firmware: 3.71 M33-3

No 1.50 kernel add-on. I didn't have Map This! turned on for any length of time (maybe just around 45 minutes) but it didn't lock up my PSP or anything when I exited the program. It locked up a lot on 3.71 M33-2 and the GPS STATE was off even if it recognized the PSP-290. Couldn't comment on reception since I'm inside the office right now and there's virtually no signal. I'm getting like one satellite signal.

deniska
November 26th, 2007, 20:35
MapThis itself does not write to flash memory and therefore should not be able to break your psp's firmware
. Howhether, because of it's memory utilization or thread priority designation, it may interfere with some custom plugins, residing or operating on flash memory..
My suggestion is to disable all plugings before starting the program...

An0nJ0hn
November 26th, 2007, 21:27
MapThis itself does not write to flash memory and therefore should not be able to break your psp's firmware
. Howhether, because of it's memory utilization or thread priority designation, it may interfere with some custom plugins, residing or operating on flash memory..
My suggestion is to disable all plugings before starting the program...

Thanks for replying Deniska.

The PSP/memory stick I tried it on has nothing else on it. No other plugins or programs even. It was a fresh install of both the firmware (with the remote play changes I mentioned) and MapThis. The Memory stick was/is brand new and had just been formatted in the PSP. Any other ideas besides it being a 3.71 m33-3 problem?

I actually use my 3.52 m33-4 1.5v2 addon PSP for my GPS so I guess I'm asking for those that use 3.71 m33-3 and not myself.

aerischan,
The only differences between our set ups seems to be the Remote Play changes I made and the 1.5v2 addon I installed. I can't see how either of them could be causing the problem.

I'll reinstall everything and see if it still happens. I'll also try it out before and after making the remote play changes this time just in case.

aerischan
November 26th, 2007, 23:39
After 3 hours of running MapThis! during which time I was able to obtain a signal, lost the signal, the program went to the Pacific Ocean and eventually hanged. It stopped responding to button presses (Select, Start, X, O, Left, Right, etc). However, I was able to exit the program using the Home button with seemingly no problems.

Since 1.50v2 add-on stays resident in memory, it's possible they interfered with each other and caused the BSOD. I dunno, between the 1.5 add-on and Remote Play, it seems that the add-on is the more likely of the two to cause flash1 corruption.

johoo
November 27th, 2007, 01:00
i am running mapthis on a fat ta-81 3.71 m33-3
with 1. 50 v2 and have not a problem at all

i think it is in the premo plugin or its the remote play

kappy332
November 28th, 2007, 03:49
whenever i run mapthis, i get "could not start the acc usb driver" error. where does the src folder go. i have my serial port set to 0 for the psp290. i am running 3.52 m33-4

jschwrz
November 28th, 2007, 04:25
src folder goes in the mapview folder and the accusb file needs to match your firmware version

i am running 3.72 firmware
i still haven`t figured out how to get mapthis even working on my psp

i get the start up screen for the mapthis software then it goes back to the home page, and says game could not load

An0nJ0hn
November 28th, 2007, 16:43
I reinstalled 3.71m33-3 + 1.5v2 addon, the remote play .prx and .rco files and everything is fine now. I even changed out all of the music .prx's and .rco's to the fixed ones from 3.72 OFW. I did everything exactly the same so I guess something just got corrupted the first time I did it. Weird that everything worked the first time except exiting MapThis but I'm not gonna complain now that it exits fine.

src folder goes in the mapview folder and the accusb file needs to match your firmware version

i am running 3.72 firmware
i still haven`t figured out how to get mapthis even working on my psp

i get the start up screen for the mapthis software then it goes back to the home page, and says game could not load

The src folder is the source code and not necessary for running MapThis. Also, you no longer need the prx files in the MapThis folder as the App uses them from the FW you have installed on your PSP.

Are you running 3.72 HX-1 (or 2)?

kappy332
November 29th, 2007, 03:08
ok thanks, i got everything working(software wise), but i am not getting locked onto. i connected to 1 satillite for about 10 minutes, and thats all. again im using the official sony gps device.

deniska
November 29th, 2007, 05:47
ok thanks, i got everything working(software wise), but i am not getting locked onto. i connected to 1 satillite for about 10 minutes, and thats all. again im using the official sony gps device.
check out tips&tricks thread in the news forum..

Airwave
December 7th, 2007, 18:04
hey mans, have tried mapthis on 3.71-3 but why did not work with the prxes from 3.71-2 before?

but i thought that are no many differents in this both versions.

i try it from my flash0 and test it again.

EDIT* hm what happen, i did`nt find any kind of right prx of the psp,but is that possible?

can any one help where can i find the right prxe on my psp?

i hate that on every customfirmware should i refresh prxe.

i will only mapthis runnig.not change prx again and again *g*confusion......

thanks