PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise 64/128 Emulator for Dreamcast WIP News

wraggster
July 19th, 2005, 21:37
Ron messaged me on MSN to tell me of a great story at DCiberia (http://www.rockandaluz.com/~dciberia/modules/news/)

Heres a rough google translation:

Enterprise DC it is the first emulator that leaves the Factoria DCiberia and the first game will be the last emulator neither, because with members like Chui, Fox68K, LTK666, Kupra, Quzar and many other or sabeis what lares cooks in these.

Enterprise DC is port and is the first emulator of the powerful computer of the 80, Enterprise 64/128 , micro of 8 bit based on a Z80, if quereis to know what is a Enterprise, teneis more info in Old-Computers.com and 8 Museum of bit.

The emulator is port of the EP128EMU that has been written in C and SDL by Istvan Varga , and is available under license GPL. The Z80 emulation has been written and is © of Kevin Thacker . The implementation of the WD177x (disk to controller) is baseda in the code of ep32 emulator , by Kevin Thacker and Vincze Bela Gyorgy. . Its Web site is: ep128emu.sourceforge.net

All the used code of other emulators is licensed under the terminos of license GPL.

As soon as the SOURCE is prepared first release ALPHA will be published jointly, under license GPL and we will be encatados to improve it as far as possible

This emulator has been carried in a time record, but it has allowed me to work with great cracks like: Mekanaizer, JMD, Fox68K and Troy Davis a.k.a GPF

All my gratefulness by all its support and unconditional aid, by means of which I have learned very many more on the emulation in Dreamcast and in addition we have amused much.

... So despues of the rigor introduction, as it is preparing a stable version and with the single GUI already finished deciros that as always it will be necessary aid to do tests and the tests before it publishes first alpha release public.

At the moment, the emulator incorporates EXDOS 2,1 and the BASIC, the support for TAPE and the SOUND have been deshabilitados in this preliminary version.

During today and tomorrow I will be publishing screenshots and algun video, agradeceria alguuna contribution with software of the Enterprise in the formats is covered, disk or cartridge.

Agradeceros to all those that you were animating and I hope that you like. Like single precise cochair on the other hand to comment that luckily it works in chankast perfectly, but without the keyboard of the DC (necessary) lost stays, so there is to animate to ELSEMI so that it does plugin of keyboard for the Chankast.

Rum (Interested in Beta testing to leave to MP or commentaries in DCiberia)

Great news for the Dreamcast Scene, Thanks to all the coders mentioned above for their work :)

Thanks again to Ron for the news :)

obelisk
July 19th, 2005, 21:40
More Toys! YAAYY. Thanks team!

quzar
July 19th, 2005, 21:49
In all seriousness this is about as usefull as nanowasp, which isn't bad, just it doesn't really have games for it per-se.

SiZiOUS
July 20th, 2005, 02:07
Ron, you rocks my friend. ;)

obelisk
July 20th, 2005, 03:27
Im gettting concerend that yall who drops us the toys needs a donation thing. :) or a pub / bar auto pay thingy, for you crazy guys, jeez, yr like a steamroller. This is like a milestone, if i read it right and you guys are working together, this cuold be Team Direct Chaos.... if you all like got together and stuff, then you guys would be one hella bad ass group!
anyways, i would like you guys to take a swing at something: a billiards freeware port, any takers?

DARKGATE
July 21st, 2005, 16:31
EXscuse me but ENTERPRISE 64/128, i have see in a site more games, but the 90% are porting SPECTRUM, the game are same =| i don't understand the sense of this porting =|
however good work boys :).
p.s. A good emu COMMODORE VIC 20 OR BBC MICRO when?

ron
July 21st, 2005, 16:47
Dear Darkgate

Emulation doesn't mean to be all time emulating to PLAY GAMES. There are other interests and things such as how did that computer work, the understanding of emulation, and elemmental questions as core tryout and compilation learning.

There is a huge ammount of software for the Enterprise 64/128 just use a web searcher and decide by your self if the emulator fits on your requeriments, nothing to see with a Spectrum because the Enterprise 128 was the powerfull 8 bit computer in 1985 due to the hardware characteristics and the design. And was developed in UK.

Think about the experience recreating a dead computer and how would you like the look and feel of the emulated machine. Graphics, audio, programming and many other things to be mentioned.

Don't understand why all time emulation means GAMING when it's NOT.

About BBC MICRO emulation check this link at this site: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/beebemdc.shtml

Seems that you are new in this site, check it out before ask
Anyway Cheers.

DARKGATE
July 21st, 2005, 18:23
Thank you ron, and excuse me :) you have tell right, i love play at the emulators, and see in mode different.
Ah, beebemdc not have 1st_read.bin, i don't know compile the program for work in the dreamcast, :|.
The author is disappear, :| sigh.