PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Phone Features Microsoft Operating System and Plays Nintendo Games

wraggster
November 24th, 2007, 11:01
Yet another new Homebrew handheld released with a funny name:

via ripten (http://www.ripten.com/2007/11/22/ps3-phone-features-microsoft-operating-system/)

http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/ps3_phone.jpg

That’s right folks, wrap your minds around this — a phone that features Playstation buttons, has a Microsoft Windows operating system, and plays Nintendo games. Confused yet? How about the fact that the phone was made in “Koera” — No, that’s not a typo, that’s what is printed on the phone. Sound to good to be true? That’s because it is. The Chinese made phone is very much illegal, and will probably never make it across the ocean. Even still, one can’t help but wonder what a phone with multiple emulators would be like. After doing a little research, I came up with an NES emulator for mobile phones called VNES, which claims to allow 8 bit Nintendo games to be playable on most newer series Nokia phones.

From a purely business standpoint, putting classic titles on cell phones seems like a no brainer. The arcady vibe of the late 80’s made for a pick up and play experience that lends itself well to a portable platform. Even still, it may be a while before we can legitimately get our 8 bit mobile gaming on.

With the re-releasing allot of it’s hits on Virtual Console, It’s doubtful Nintendo will part with its licensing rights for anything less than an exorbitant amount of money.

Murdock
November 24th, 2007, 11:09
Sorry, but the news about this mobile phone is rather old ... sad but true ... I have read and heared about this thing months ago ... I think some pictures have even been araound in this forum ... NOT quite sure about that atm ... Maybe I still have the pics on my hard drive ... have to search for them. But anyway ... this emulator-mobile phone was reported to exist already a while ago ...

PSPdemon
November 24th, 2007, 15:01
After doing a little research, I came up with an NES emulator for mobile phones called VNES, which claims to allow 8 bit Nintendo games to be playable on most newer series Nokia phones.

heh, dont forget about fpsece ( ps1 emu) , pocketnes, pocketsnes, ect. for PocketPC's

theres all kinds of emulators for PocketPC :D and they run quite good ( with a decent PocketPC with atleast a clock speed of 400mhz [ or overclocked to a high speed ] ;) )

im loving the fact that the mobile phone scene has developed as such it did emulation wise.

anyway, back on topic....

that phone looks kinda......meh......but i guess thats what you get for somthing being made in “Koera” :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Sonicboy 101
November 24th, 2007, 15:04
Wow, looks weird. :p

The King
November 24th, 2007, 15:06
all that i had in my mind wen i click on this topic was WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Airdevil
November 24th, 2007, 16:33
I bet that D- Pad is better then the offical sony psp one.

;)

ish420ism
November 24th, 2007, 16:52
Sorry, but the news about this mobile phone is rather old ... sad but true ... I have read and heared about this thing months ago ... I think some pictures have even been araound in this forum ... NOT quite sure about that atm ... Maybe I still have the pics on my hard drive ... have to search for them. But anyway ... this emulator-mobile phone was reported to exist already a while ago ...

Old news. This IS in our forums.
Also, I have vnes for my ngage. It works pretty well

mavsman4457
November 24th, 2007, 18:24
This thing actually looks pretty good. If it were legal and it was capable of PS1, SNES, and N64 emulation then I might jump on this. Does anyone know the specs on this thing?

Raekwik11
November 24th, 2007, 18:38
the buttons are way to close. Even if it looks stupid i'd buy it. My phone sucks anyways. This phone couldn't be any worse.

kcajblue
November 24th, 2007, 19:27
illegal phones made in china.
lol. great stuff.

Joe88
November 24th, 2007, 19:38
wow I think I saw this over a year ago when it was first posted

uneekracer
November 24th, 2007, 20:48
this is ridiculous i wouldnt pay for this

talesyuan
November 25th, 2007, 03:34
I'm a Chinese......
A suck phone........

JPJunkie
November 25th, 2007, 10:03
Thats pretty cool

kjetil1991
November 25th, 2007, 10:30
havent this been here before?

charltonheston
November 25th, 2007, 12:22
Don't know why nokia don't make a phone that is tailored for playing games and not overly gaming specific and retarded like the n-gage.

On my dinosaur N70 phone I've got emulators for sega master system, GBA, NES, SNES, megadrive, C64, spectrum 48k to name but a few.. the emulation scene for mobile phones is very strong (check out www.imserba.com/forum).

Then again I probably said all this when this was first posted ; )