PDA

View Full Version : North American PS3 Sales Confirm Growth

wraggster
November 24th, 2007, 11:17
Although Sony's price cut on the PlayStation 3 had the intended effect in Japan, spurring on sales of the system, the outcome in North America was a question mark until Sony recently released its latest figures. The verdict: sales have "more than doubled."

According to Macworld, Sony announced its latest numbers on Thursday, claiming a 192 percent boost in sales of the 40GB and 80GB system at the continent's top-10 retailers. While this represents an enormous leap in sales for the company, it will have to do better to catch up with the Wii: In October, Nintendo shipped 519,000 Wii systems to Sony's 121,000 PS3s.

http://news.digitaltrends.com/news/story/14910/north_american_ps3_sales_confirm_growth

DPyro
November 24th, 2007, 17:34
I've been hearing their starting to sell out in some stores now, so it looks like by December you might not be able to find a PS3 :)

Shrygue
November 24th, 2007, 20:14
Going to be joining the Wii in terms of shortages huh? Well, I never figured that would happen, seeing the slowness in sales that was going on earlier this year. I wonder if that would happen in the UK though...

DPyro
November 25th, 2007, 04:42
I do believe its selling way better in the UK and Japan.

lmtlmt
November 25th, 2007, 08:00
and aus