PDA

View Full Version : What country do you live in?

hothothot
November 25th, 2007, 18:57
out of interest?

gdf
November 25th, 2007, 19:04
Lol, you left out Canada.

And the UK btw, specifically Scotland.

Triv1um
November 25th, 2007, 19:05
U.K, England.

hothothot
November 25th, 2007, 19:06
Lol, you left out Canada.

And the UK btw, specifically Scotland.

oh damn it! I cant put them all on! oh well its only canada :D

Buddy4point0
November 25th, 2007, 19:07
You
Es
Eh!

blackrave
November 25th, 2007, 19:50
http://www.youtube.com/v/LLQki-mQF4Q

kcajblue
November 25th, 2007, 19:51
lol.
im the same as buddy, but not in the same state.

just check my location.

gdf
November 25th, 2007, 19:58
http://www.youtube.com/v/LLQki-mQF4Q

Lol, Major told us about that.

Axelius
November 25th, 2007, 22:16
Germany. Munich to be exactly. (Well you could just have a look under my avatar)

Man
November 25th, 2007, 22:23
Im from Canada, Ontario to be precise, and i think you should put Canada on your poll list.

hothothot
November 25th, 2007, 22:26
Im from Canada, Ontario to be precise, and i think you should put Canada on your poll list.

haha, you would say that, i did try after realising my obvious error, but i could figure out how:(

JKKDARK
November 25th, 2007, 22:26
Germany is better

argor
November 25th, 2007, 22:36
i am from iceland the only country in the wold that can be mistaken for a supermaket :p i was uk 1 and i was ask wat country i live in and i sate iceland and he sade o du you work at iceland

hothothot
November 25th, 2007, 22:39
Germany is better

must not mention the war

SSaxdude
November 25th, 2007, 22:52
I'm from the USA.

USA still has the death penalty, yet the murder rate is much higher than any other developed country. The drinking age is 21, yet the US has more DUI fatalities than any other nation. Our health care system costs more per person than the UK's system and the NHS covers everybody. America is the fattest nation in the world; it's truly disgusting.

gdf
November 25th, 2007, 23:23
I'm from the USA.

USA still has the death penalty, yet the murder rate is much higher than any other developed country. The drinking age is 21, yet the US has more DUI fatalities than any other nation. Our health care system costs more per person than the UK's system and the NHS covers everybody. America is the fattest nation in the world; it's truly disgusting.

Lol, check out Balckrave's video and prepare tofeel inferior.

SSaxdude
November 25th, 2007, 23:30
Lol, check out Balckrave's video and prepare tofeel inferior.

Yeah I watched that one and I also saw Sicko a while back. I already feel inferior. America wins at failing. Oops I guess that makes me unpatriotic!

Another statistic I found was that there are 2 million prisoners in the US. That's 1 out of every 150 people!

Triv1um
November 25th, 2007, 23:36
Lol, I thought the UK was bad.

Dare I say this, but you don't get much worse than the UK for Immigrants.

gdf
November 25th, 2007, 23:42
Immigrants.

And yeah, the UK is better, even if it's still a bit shit.

blackrave
November 25th, 2007, 23:49
The USA is 8th on the HDI list, so it cannot possibly be that bad. That is higher than the UK.

On the other hand, HDI does not single-handedly decide whether a country is good or bad to live in.

The 2007/2008 HDI listings from the UN is due on Tuesday, so we will see then.

Dare I say this, but you don't get much worse than the UK for immigrants

What do you mean?

DarthPaul
November 25th, 2007, 23:51
Puerto Rico.

Lol just look at the Location: under the avatar...
And by the way, someone posted a thread like this already. Some time ago..

Triv1um
November 25th, 2007, 23:59
What do you mean?

Immigrants travel here to clame benifts which is payed by hardworking tax payers, they come to take advantage of our health service, and they come to take our houses. I bet you think Im being racist, that's not intended.

But, the majority of immigrants in the UK are of the muslim community, just coming over to the UK to get money and to breed to get more money. (No offence intended)

ajfoucault
November 26th, 2007, 00:05
Czech Republic

blackrave
November 26th, 2007, 00:18
Immigrants travel here to clame benifts which is payed by hardworking tax payers, they come to take advantage of our health service, and they come to take our houses. I bet you think Im being racist, that's not intended.

But, the majority of immigrants in the UK are of the muslim community, just coming over to the UK to get money and to breed to get more money. (No offence intended)

Racist and racist .. I think you are being prejudiced and a bit cynical. It sounds like the same stuff conservative people and political parties in Norway say (the most conservative party claims immigrants have "gang shootings" in the middle of the street in Oslo every day and rape and kill everyone O_o). They do not travel there to claim the benefits. Most of them move to escape the troubles in their homeland, and work and pay taxes, too.

There are benefits with immigrants. For example, at my school, we have people from 16, I think, different countries and cultures, and arrange a day a year where they teach us a little of their language and tell about their culture and language, and also make us food from their homeland. It is amazing. Only in my class there are people from Russia, Ghana, Pakistan, one half-Turkish and one half-Swedish. Having a girl from Ghana also helped a lot when we had a project about the country.

Immigrants are nice and have a lot to talk about.

quzar
November 26th, 2007, 03:25
Racist and racist .. I think you are being prejudiced and a bit cynical. It sounds like the same stuff conservative people and political parties in Norway say (the most conservative party claims immigrants have "gang shootings" in the middle of the street in Oslo every day and rape and kill everyone O_o). They do not travel there to claim the benefits. Most of them move to escape the troubles in their homeland, and work and pay taxes, too.

There are benefits with immigrants. For example, at my school, we have people from 16, I think, different countries and cultures, and arrange a day a year where they teach us a little of their language and tell about their culture and language, and also make us food from their homeland. It is amazing. Only in my class there are people from Russia, Ghana, Pakistan, one half-Turkish and one half-Swedish. Having a girl from Ghana also helped a lot when we had a project about the country.

Immigrants are nice and have a lot to talk about.

I agree. I don't get what people's problems with immigration are. It's not like 500 years is that long ago, and before that there weren't any "Americans" in the (current) USA, and 900 years ago, Britain got converted (well, and 1700 years ago too).

It seems that people are only in favor of invading armies staking their claim to land, as opposed to people following the laws of their nation to come live there with permission.

pibs
November 26th, 2007, 04:34
yep I live in California where the word immigrant is widely used as a scapegoat for all the economic/social problems. penn and teller have a pretty hilarious video showing how ridiculous the situation is getting its on youtube somewhere.

Axelius
November 26th, 2007, 15:42
must not mention the war
Which war do you mean? The one that ended 62 years ago? Well, the USA for example have waged 26 since then (according to the following list:)
http://www.closeup.de/articles/large/G/G792590.JPG

quzar
November 26th, 2007, 19:05
yep I live in California where the word immigrant is widely used as a scapegoat for all the economic/social problems. penn and teller have a pretty hilarious video showing how ridiculous the situation is getting its on youtube somewhere.

Same for me in Miami. What's most ridiculous is that the government allows people to immigrate here as political asylum due to the situations on many of the islands. So what happens is that if you set foot on US soil, you can stay because we don't deport people seeking asylum. However, the coast guard will push these people back with fire hoses and try to capture them prior to actually setting foot on US soil, because then they CAN send them back.

It's horrible.

Which war do you mean? The one that ended 62 years ago? Well, the USA for example have waged 26 since then (according to the following list:)

That list is extremely slanted, as many of the things listed consisted of giving aide or training, as opposed to actually fighting or starting a war. Involved in 26 wars? Sure. A good deal of those, by dates, refer to UN/international not just unilateral American actions.

gdf
November 26th, 2007, 19:15

He means that, yes, but it's a British thing from a very funny TV show called Fawlty Towers (it was with John Cleese, one of the Pythons).

acn010
November 26th, 2007, 19:28
u
es
ay
new york ;]