PDA

View Full Version : Shit.........A big Ebay problem here........

Tetris999
November 25th, 2007, 23:35
we all know what is ebay is so ill cut to the chase

i bought an item (the buy now thing) and found one for less, but i already made the whatsover contract with the seller os somthing right?

so heres my problem i told the person to cancel my order (i gave item number and description to their email adress, and i also said to cancel it) anyway now the people who i emailed arent replying at all and they say i have to pay for this god damn item that i dont want (and i canceled the order about 5 min after buying it)

so now im stuck here with someone saying pay me whilst im rejecting it what the HELL do i do now?!?!??!?!

P.S. Since were on the topic of ebay are these two sellers be reliable to buy from??

http://cgi.ebay.com/LCD-replacement-screen-For-iPOD-2nd-Gen-NANO-jv_W0QQitemZ260185743061QQihZ016QQcategoryZ48680QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/LCD-Screen-Replacement-for-2nd-Gen-iPod-NANO-2-4-8GB-2G_W0QQitemZ200177623055QQihZ010QQcategoryZ48680QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

gdf
November 25th, 2007, 23:39
You should ALWAYS take a look at other auctions for the same item. You'll need to pay if the seller won't cancel, as it says when you click that button: You enter into a binding contract. Pay, and learn from your mistakes, and anyway, it's one measly dollar, not worth causing a big fuss over.

And the second one is more reliable, just going by a quick glance at the feedback stats, but you'd be perfectly safe with both.

Accordion
November 25th, 2007, 23:42
we all know what is ebay is so ill cut to the chase

i bought an item (the buy now thing) and found one for less, but i already made the whatsover contract with the seller os somthing right?

so heres my problem i told the person to cancel my order (i gave item number and description to their email adress, and i also said to cancel it) anyway now the people who i emailed arent replying at all and they say i have to pay for this god damn item that i dont want (and i canceled the order about 5 min after buying it)

so now im stuck here with someone saying pay me whilst im rejecting it what the HELL do i do now?!?!??!?!

Only make bids if you intend to keep them. Unfortunately you are in the wrong according to Ebay terms. Under certain circumstances you have the right to retract an order, but it isnt likely/sporting that finding a cheaper option falls under that rule.

It is apparent that you were willing to make the purchase at that price, so if the other price is similar I suggest paying and making sure you look around next time

Triv1um
November 25th, 2007, 23:42
By hitting buy it now you are commiting yourself to pay for the item.

Unlucky, think before you buy next time.

JKKDARK
November 26th, 2007, 00:52
It happens when the n00bs buy on Ebay, they don't know what they are doing.

ExcruciationX
November 26th, 2007, 01:01
A thirteen year old buying stuff on ebay? That'd be funny if you had your own account. :p

Hopefully what you bought wasn't that expensive...

quzar
November 26th, 2007, 02:54
It's not unlucky, it's poor decision making/inability to deal with buyers remorse.

You can do one of two things: pay for the more expensive one, and suck it up; or just default on your commitment to the more expensive one and live with it.

It happens. Check out my eBay feedback (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=quzar&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=STRK:ME:UFS) (go to the very first one, and specifically look at the dates).

Man
November 26th, 2007, 03:44
So far My eBay feedback is good, i haven't really bought a lot. You would be better just to suck it up and avoid negative feedback, ill never buy anything from a person with a negative feedback comment that says somthing like : " SCAMMER, BUYS ITEM DOESNT PAY !!!" even though you asked them to cancel, they can leave whatever they want for feedback.

PS: quzar, check your PMs
PPS: did you know theres a registered user name quzarisgay ?

ExcruciationX
November 26th, 2007, 04:40
quzarisgay could be Zion. :p

quzar
November 26th, 2007, 05:14
PS: quzar, check your PMs
PPS: did you know theres a registered user name quzarisgay ?

Sorry, forgot to respond to it, read it last night, but needed to sleep and not read a hundred threads.
Yes, that was Zion.

ExcruciationX
November 26th, 2007, 05:24
Yay, one point for me! :)

dejkirkby
November 26th, 2007, 07:34
Is Zion still doing that crap?
I pity him.

lmtlmt
November 26th, 2007, 07:51
No i dont believe that zion is still doing that crap

Cloudhunter
November 26th, 2007, 07:52
Sigh, I used to like Zion. Then he started being an asshole to everyone and flaming :(

As for the eBay thing, like most other people have said, read the eBay rules, it tells you that you entered into a contract.

Cloudy

lmtlmt
November 26th, 2007, 08:16
I think zion only did that once and all the other times it was someone else pretending to be him to ruin his reputation, because i regularly talk to him on msn and evilmana and he doesnt seem like he would do that, he is also in my new lua team and is a nice guy.

quzar
November 26th, 2007, 08:20
1) No more Zion talk, if you want to learn more do a search, it's been beaten to death (the issue, not Zion himself) and it's over.

2) You may not have referral links in your sig.

dejkirkby
November 26th, 2007, 08:21
I think zion only did that once and all the other times it was someone else pretending to be him to ruin his reputation, because i regularly talk to him on msn and evilmana and he doesnt seem like he would do that, he is also in my new lua team and is a nice guy.
Seriously lmtlmt, he did it a whole bunch of times. I was a part of the zionmax admin team when he did it, denied doing it, had us all defending him and THEN admitted it leaving us looking like tw*ts. That's when my respect for him went downhill. So much potential in him too, but he has a penchant for the drama.

lmtlmt
November 26th, 2007, 09:09
Fine I'll remove the referral link, but while its still up if anyone wants to go to it....

[edit]
Hmmm it seems that nobody wants to chnage my sig to " i like to eat babies" this time, the staff are maturing after all.

JKKDARK
November 26th, 2007, 15:41
No i dont believe that zion is still doing that crap

Staff can see IP's

ExcruciationX
November 26th, 2007, 19:10
Zion is an enigma, to which only some understand. I haven't had a problem with him before, but I doubt s people pretended to be him.

gdf
November 26th, 2007, 19:11
Of course it was Zion, he's a lying dickhead.

And tough shit this time Tetris I'm afraid:(

Tetris999
November 29th, 2007, 03:28
yawn, well thanks for the support guys

anyway, the guy isn't responding and it is the fifth day and he didn't do anything (and he said he would) so i guess this is a spammer or something who wont do crap (thank goodness....)

oh and btw im N_O_T 13 and even if i was, age doesn't matter

P.S. quzar, do you ALWAYS have to be that blunt when you give out information or if someone asks for advice??