PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock dev shuns PS3 for next game?

Shrygue
November 26th, 2007, 20:53
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=176313)

Bioshock developer 2K Boston is yet again shunning the PlayStation 3 for its next title, if an internet job listing is anything to go by.

The ad, which can be found on games recruitment site Gamasutra, calls out for a handful of art-centric jobs including lead artist, level builder and animator positions.

"Do you believe video games are art? WE DO! 2K Boston, the studio behind the art-deco inspired underworld dystopia known as Rapture, is looking for talented Artists to help bring our next vision to life," the job ad reads.

Crucially for internet conspiracy theorists though, 2K Boston only lists Xbox 360 and Windows as platforms for the title in question. So unless it's keeping quiet, PlayStation 3 owners are yet again going to miss out.

Regardless, rumour fires saying Bioshock will be coming to PS3 eventually still refuse to die, despite the studio point-blank stating "There will be no PS3 version of BioShock." You can't say fairer than that, really.

For now then, owners of the big black box will have to pick up a 360 or take the more expensive route of tinkering with their PC. And if you don't think it's worth it check out our review here, because it really, really is.

Baboon
November 27th, 2007, 11:40
Well nothings confirmed and its really nothing more than just a rumour at the mo. ...but to get the Bioshock team working on the PS3 would be excellent news for Sony.

This makes me want to fire up Bioshock again on my 360 when I get home from work now. ;)

Triv1um
November 27th, 2007, 11:45
Bio-shock isnt coming to ps3.

I wish it was because i still havent played it and i really want to, but it aint gonna be no PS3 game.

geise69
November 27th, 2007, 12:39
I just built a new pc and scored a new 8800gt OCed. Bioshock runs like a dream on it with everything at high settings and directx 10 shaders. It's quite nice! The problem that has plagued Sony from getting certain titles is because of the Cell. 2K Boston would have to have a whole team dedicated to just the PS3 version. 360 and PC are so close and are pretty much the same architecture. It's a lot easier to make a 360 version then port it to PC, which is what it looks like a lot of companies are doing.

Skmasterpiece
November 27th, 2007, 17:09
Id rather just have Bioshock than another title lol