PDA

View Full Version : Neapolitan Ice-Cream

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2007, 22:20
Hey folks :)

Today is one of those beautiful days of my life. One of those happy days where I have a good time, enjoy a lot, and get stuff that I like. One of those days that my mom goes to the super-market and brings me great stuff. Like...Neapolitan Ice-Cream!!. Yeah, that's right! My mom brought me a big bowl of Neapolitan Ice-Cream and I'm eating right now with a silver spoon. :)

For those who don't know, this is the ice-cream:

http://images.inmagine.com/168nwm/brandxpictures/x332/bxp164849.jpg

'Neapolitan Ice Cream,' refers to a block of ice cream composed of layers of different flavors, usually chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. (The term Neapolitan is also used to refer to any molded dessert that is made with 3 layers.)
The ice cream makers of Naples, Italy were famous in the early 19th century, especially Tortoni, who created many layered ice cream cakes.

Any gentle moderator feel free to add a DIGG! this button to spread the word.:)

blackrave
November 26th, 2007, 22:26
Ah, yeah. Tress-is is what we call it in Norway. Donkey mentions it in the dubbed Shrek version. Does he in English, too? When they talk about how trolls have several layers and Donkey goes on about how cakes and "neapolitan ice-cream" are better food than onions? :p

Chocolate is my favourite flavour. :)

Shrygue
November 26th, 2007, 22:28
Hmmmm, me love that ice cream. Sometimes I go to Sainsbury's, buy up a 2 litre tub for 96p and then try taking it out in one shot by myself . Most of the time I manage but of course I wind up feeling a sick afterwards....

Buddy4point0
November 26th, 2007, 22:28
napolian

kcajblue
November 26th, 2007, 22:31
neapolitan ice cream is good.

there are so many good ice cream flavors now that its hard to have a favorite.

DarthPaul
November 26th, 2007, 22:35
No joke - They make a beans ice-cream here on Puerto Rico that tastes so good...

kcajblue
November 26th, 2007, 22:40
lol. i was actually going to ask you to make a poll for favorite ice cream flavor.
not very many choices though.

JKKDARK
November 26th, 2007, 23:11
No joke - They make a beans ice-cream here on Puerto Rico that tastes so good...

Tastes so good, make a grown man cry, sweet cherry pie! :)

Man
November 27th, 2007, 01:27
Green tea Ice-Cream is my favourite especially after polishing off a huge Sushi dinner !!!

Chuck Norris
November 27th, 2007, 04:35
I don't like Ice-Cream. Ice-Cream likes me.

Johnny Rash
November 27th, 2007, 04:46
Tastes so good, make a grown man cry, sweet cherry pie! :)

****in...awesome...

I like icecream.

dejkirkby
November 27th, 2007, 16:32
I like pistachio and mint, but not together.

acn010
November 27th, 2007, 16:37
me like vanilla ice cream... if theres nothing available , if there is i would have anwhite chocolate ice cream with crushed oreos blended plus on top of the cream plus inside of a fresh made cone XDD