PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus R13 WIP .INI Update from Zion

CaptainMorgan4
November 27th, 2007, 22:39
Zion has whipped up a WIP project with Daedalus and it's .INI file, he updated it with some great stuff. The new GUI is implemented in the screenshot but this isn't a build that's being released HERE that's just his private one and he added the original boxarts for alot of games and it gives it a really original touch. I was given the tip from Johnny_McBride so thanks and for the rest of you enjoy, I know I am.
-Cm4

"I think some people are getting confused about what this is, this is my (zion) update to the daedalus ini file that fixes some displayed names and adds the games original box art to the preview window on the left (as shown in screen)

I have taken the time to start work on updating the daedalus ini file.

So far this is what I have done :

* Added Box Art for a lot of games.
* Fixed a few game names.
* Current games with box art :

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like with the new ini in the UI (note I am using an unreleased build from wally (DO NOT BUG ANYONE FOR THE BUILD AS ITS NOT GOING TO BE LET OUT, if your smart enough you can get your own build too without mine or wally's help)

1080 Snowboarding, Banjo Kazooie, Blast Corps, Body Harvest, Bomberman 64, Castlevania, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Goldeneye 007, Harvest Moon 64, International Superstar Soccer '98, Jet Force Gemini, Kirby - The Crystal Shards, Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time, Legend Of Zelda - Majora's Mask, Mario Golf 64, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, Mission Impossible, Paper Mario, Rayman 2, South Park, South Park - Chef's Luv Shack, Super Mario 64, StarFox 64, Super Smash Bros.

Plans for V2.0

* Add Box Art for more games (all of them eventually).
* Fix more game names.

So hope you enjoy this gui update and I hope it helps bring back memories of the good 'ol n64 days

+Note : This does not make any more games compatible or faster, it's purely a feature update. All credit goes to strmnmrnm for creating daedalus.

News via: http://zionmax.com/index.php?topic=9.0

---- Cloud or some other Mod can edit this post to make it look better, I'm lazy, but I got the word out so yeah.

Johnny_Mcbride
November 27th, 2007, 22:40
:)

Wally
November 27th, 2007, 22:58
The private build that Wally gave to Zion :P

Johnny_Mcbride
November 27th, 2007, 23:01

He just updated his post :p (your names there now :cool:)

V3N0M
November 27th, 2007, 23:03
Awesome work! I was hoping someone would put progress into this. Hopefully StrmnNrmn will add this into his next release! Great Work Zion!

Yeah I heard you were making your "Spiff Ups" I've also heard they're quite good too! Too bad you wont release them because you think people don't appreciate it. But you do what you want I support you all the way bro!

wraggster
November 27th, 2007, 23:03
hmm so is it yours wally ?

if so feel free to make a new newspost and ill put it on the PSP news forum

Johnny_Mcbride
November 27th, 2007, 23:07
Wally : Gave emulator build to zion.
zion : did ini update and boxart.

this isnt about the build though , the post is about the ini update and boxart

Wally
November 28th, 2007, 01:46
Nah its not a public release. its way too buggy for your little eyes

Wraggster: nah its not a spiffup, I stopped doing them ages ago :) although there could be one coming up.

I dont think Strmnnrmn is ready to have these releases out to the public. They are not ready. When he's ready he'll release them

ExcruciationX
November 28th, 2007, 02:45
Good work Zion (if your reading this)!

CaptainMorgan4
November 28th, 2007, 02:49
Wally I hope you do a Spiffup for R14 or some other release, even if you don't release it I'd like to know what progress you made in various games. If you did a spiffup, would the microcode stuff be something you could do or would that be one StrmnNrmn would have to tackle?

ICE
November 28th, 2007, 02:53
Is this the same private build that I think it is? If so was he supposed to release it?

CaptainMorgan4
November 28th, 2007, 02:59
No this isn't a new build, this is an updated INI file for the Daedalus GUI, please read the title and first post people. Please a mod or someone, move this thread to the PSP News Section, that's where I wanted it and I think it still belongs there.

ICE
November 28th, 2007, 03:10
No this isn't a new build, this is an updated INI file for the Daedalus GUI, please read the title and first post people. Please a mod or someone, move this thread to the PSP News Section, that's where I wanted it and I think it still belongs there.

I didnt ask if it was a new build I asked if it was the same private release that wally has. Please read my post before you post. There is a beta out and its private and I was just asking if this was it being leaked.

Johnny_Mcbride
November 28th, 2007, 03:34
I didnt ask if it was a new build I asked if it was the same private release that wally has. Please read my post before you post. There is a beta out and its private and I was just asking if this was it being leaked.

Na its not been leaked, zion and wally arent stupid, they dont leak stuff.

Wally
November 28th, 2007, 04:55
I have given it to a few people along the path, but those people are friendly towards me :) and i'm confident that they will how initiative in bug testing.

CaptainMorgan4: Its something that strmnnrmn has to handle I think. I dunno, i'll ask.

CaptainMorgan4
November 28th, 2007, 05:12
Thanks and sorry to Ice I just misunderstood your post my bad, yeah I'm hoping to get a compiled version of preR14 myself, just kind of busy right now to work on compiling it.

-- Please can someone move this thread to the PSP News Section

Wally
November 28th, 2007, 06:54
CaptainMorgan, don't go releasing it into the wild though :/

Its not fair on StrmnNrmn :) , the thing is. If it was mean't to be released. He would have released it. If you went ahead and released it, it'd be a publicity stunt.

Now if you REALLY want to help with daedalus, get testing and email him those bug reports.

You may PM or contact me on MSN about it.

CaptainMorgan4
November 28th, 2007, 06:56
Man come on, I know what I'm doing, I wouldn't do that to him or this project.

omni_slash
November 28th, 2007, 08:06
Is it at least 90 percent complete?

Wally
November 28th, 2007, 10:15
No its probably heading towards the 60 - 70% complete mark..

Still a lot of work to do.

NeoXCS
December 2nd, 2007, 06:18
This box art / ini update looks pretty cool. I think I'll add it on to my Daedalus, see how it looks.

Wally: So, see anything interesting running on the preR14 build? Something really noticeable? :p I'm still excited to see the ME being fully implemented when it's done! :D

factor remix
December 2nd, 2007, 23:42
NeoXCS, try using the v3.0.

boumboum
December 4th, 2007, 15:19
Where can I find the v3.0 files? because the Zion max website don't seem to respond no more

Wally
December 5th, 2007, 21:20
Zion pulled the site.... Silly bugger.

He's going through a rough time again, I wish people would respect the people who develop for the community..

JKKDARK
December 5th, 2007, 21:57
He's going through a rough time again, I wish people would respect the people who develop for the community..
Nah, he has the same reputation even if he does something for the homebrew community or not.

boumboum
December 6th, 2007, 20:09
I'd like to have it even if it is discontinued lol
I'm running on the V1.0 and I would appreciate someone to share with me the v3.0

Anybody ? please

punkonjunk
December 7th, 2007, 17:56
Very pretty. :)

Gold Line
December 7th, 2007, 18:07
cool i hope Zion continues this

sf2400
March 19th, 2008, 22:42
n00b me> how can we get a hold of this update? how do we put it in PSP?