PDA

View Full Version : Z80 SH4 ASM Core by FOX68K

wraggster
July 20th, 2005, 22:15
Ron has again pointed me to news on DCiberia: http://www.rockandaluz.com/~dciberia/modules/news/article.php?storyid=155

Heres the rough translation:

Continuing with the good news that make the summer assortment more, we go to avanzaros brief notes on which already it is being outlined like one of the 2005 revolutions.

This could not be another thing that the F.A.Z.E. Fast and Accurate Z80 Emulator . FOX68K , one of best coders in emulation of CPÚs of 8 and 16 bits for Dreamcast is its creator and we already can advance some new features to you.

The FAZE is port of the emulator of Z80 that has been designed on the basis of another existing Core in X86 already called RAZE . It will maintain a high level of compatibildad at level of APÍs but with the advantage to be totally rewritten in Assembler for SH4 .

Of the at the moment existing cores for Dreamcast, two of most popular are the CZ80 and the MAMEZ80 . Other cores Z80 exist that are used in other emulators of Dreamcast, but these two mentioned stand out by but being adapted. In prinicipio and apróximadamente the FAZE will be 3 times faster that emus present, maintaining a highest level of compatibildad and precisión/rendimiento.

FOX68K it has commented to us that the best thing of the emulation in Dreamcast is about to still to come, but that this Core was necessary to be able to leave and to close with the greater quality of emulation the NEOÂLL , IT SUCKS for DC and the MEGADRIVE emulators , leaving in addition to the door abiertra to other emulators that need the intensive use of the Z80 in DC.

Up to here we told you, the codification progress and the advances already are around 20 % , which has been many weeks of development and at the moment they are even occurring to small adjustments to the FAME (68K) with which the time to dedicate is not all the wished one.

Thank you very much FOX68K by info and we hoped to see your cores in a moment rulando in all emus of Dreamcast, because they are the BEST ones.

Great news for the scene :)

chui
July 20th, 2005, 22:35
1 - New ZX-Spectrum emulator for Dreamcast (help to debug).
2 - Adapt NEO4ALL to FAZE.
3 - New MAME port using FAME and FAZE.

obelisk
July 20th, 2005, 23:48
pardon me, does anyone think that this new core would help a C=64 and vic20 emu, or GPF's gba emu?

quzar
July 21st, 2005, 00:01
not at all. You know it almost completely defeats the purpose of the assembly core to port it from the PC version, we'd end up trading a well written C core for a poorly written asm one. A far better idea would be to augment Cz80 or C68k (as i plan to do, once i finish with the arcade emulation of QuMaZe, yes i have been learning sh-asm) because then you get a very well written emulator that also takes into consideration correct pipelining methods.

bender
July 21st, 2005, 01:26
very very cool. I was sure it was just a matter of time to happen this...there're too many systems that have a z80 for not giving it a try and probably the only way to get the full speed on many of these ;-)

muchas gracias, fox, chui, ron. Lleváis ya mucho tiempo saliéndoos por todos los laos ;-)

cheers

krowstrife
July 21st, 2005, 05:33
cool maybe we can get some fullspeed emus now, this is the Jesus Juice

ron
July 21st, 2005, 08:37
The best dreamcast emulators are still to come, keep working and maintain scene alive and kicking.

arqueiro
July 21st, 2005, 11:52
really nice news !

good work

DARKGATE
July 21st, 2005, 16:09
BEAUTYFULL =D great news, ehm a small question, but blackaura has dropped the project of genesis emu? =|, i think wich a good megadrive at full speed is VERY possible.

quzar
July 21st, 2005, 16:27
BlackAura hasn't dropped Genesis Plus. Quite the opposite, just the other day he said it was mostly done aside from menus and such.

DARKGATE
July 21st, 2005, 18:12
thank you, quzar. =)

RockinB
July 21st, 2005, 19:53
These sh4 asm cores, are they compatible with sh2, too?

And is the asm source public or still only object files?

quzar
July 21st, 2005, 20:43
FAME is open source, and probably not directly backwards compatible, but since there aren't THAT MANY new opcodes, it might be adaptable with not too much effort, but it really isn't fast enough to get good 68000 emulation on the saturn =\

the z80 core isn't out yet.

Sweater Fish Deluxe
July 23rd, 2005, 21:54
It's okay to use machine translators, but really, wouldn't make some sense to go through the output and correct it a little? There's tons of common sense stuff you could have done to that post to make it more understandable.

this Core was necessary to be able to leave and to close with the greater quality of emulation the NEOÂLL , IT SUCKS for DC and the MEGADRIVE emulators

...word is bondage...

Christuserloeser
July 24th, 2005, 01:40
hehe, Sweater Fish, I have to say that didn't exactly understood the newspost too. But it sounds like great news :)

Muchas gracias, Fox, Chui & Ron :)