PDA

View Full Version : New PSP battery doubles the fun

Shrygue
November 28th, 2007, 18:27
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=176491)

Sony will release a new battery for the PSP Slim in the US next month that will last twice as long as the standard battery sold with the new version of the handheld.

The Extended Life Battery Kit will retail for $44,99 (£21) and will include a new 2200 mAh battery pack that Sony says will keep your PSP's juices flowing for twice as long. So it might actually last the length of a plane flight, at last.

The kit also comes with a new battery dock cover, available in silver and black, to allow your PSP to accommodate for the slightly thicker dimensions of the new battery.

For owners of the older, fatter PSP, Sony notes: "Those of you with the original PSP (PSP 1000) may recall that we offered an extended life battery pack (the stamina battery) previously, and this battery remains compatible with that system as well."

This would lead us to presume that the new battery will not be compatible with the old PSP, although it doesn't appear to say that on the packaging (pictured).

"Mid-December" Sony's current release plan for US. A UK release is yet to be announced.

bluebottle
November 28th, 2007, 19:21
thanks for the info

Buddy4point0
November 28th, 2007, 21:55
they should work on making a a new psp slim battery that isnt any bigger.

also one for the standard psp.
i would love 2 times the battery life at the same size of the battery. psp battery life isn't very good at all

CaptainMorgan4
November 28th, 2007, 21:59
Buddy buy the battery in my sig. trust me it solves your battery problems. It's under $50 and its 33% longer life (very noticable) than original and NO BULK since it's the same size as the reg. one.

iniquitous_beast
November 28th, 2007, 22:59
For owners of the older, fatter PSP, Sony notes: "Those of you with the original PSP (PSP 1000) may recall that we offered an extended life battery pack (the stamina battery) previously, and this battery remains compatible with that system as well."

This would lead us to presume that the new battery will not be compatible with the old PSP, although it doesn't appear to say that on the packaging (pictured).

Umm...No. THAT would lead us to presume that it will work just fine with the old psp.

Veskgar
November 29th, 2007, 00:03
they should work on making a a new psp slim battery that isnt any bigger.

I agree. I'd spend a little more $$$ too. $59.99 for a high quality high capacity SLIM battery.

But the fact that they are differentiating the new batteries with the current "STAMINA" batteries tells me that the new ones will probably not be able to be turned into Pandora batteries.

osgeld
November 29th, 2007, 03:28
heh get a slim psp, put a thick battery in it

that makes alot of since

and iniquitous_beast is right, that leads me to beleive it would be compatible ... duh, maby it was

"and this battery remains compatible with that system as well."

that tipped me off