PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Guy Sues Microsoft for $5 Million Because Halo 3 Crashed His Xbox 360

Shrygue
November 28th, 2007, 22:12
via Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gaming/stupid-guy-sues-microsoft-for-5-million-because-halo-3-crashed-his-xbox-360-327595.php)

Randy Nunez's Xbox 360 is being beaten to death by Halo 3, so that it "routinely, consistently, and systematically 'froze,' 'crashed,' or 'locked up.'" Naturally, this "disrupted game play." For his pain and suffering of having to reset his console to resume getting teabagged, he wants $5 million and class action status, 'cause "many consumers" are having these issues. Sorry. My bad. I take full responsibility for shooting people in the face that hard. I thought I was just knocking them off the internet, but apparently it's crashing their 360s too. I apologize. But seriously.

As Ars points out, Microsoft's been pretty public and all apologetic about the rampant Red Ring plague, dumping a billion dollars into seriously (and appropriately) extended warranties for repairs multiple times, and beefing up hardware to take the heat. More importantly, the Xbox 360 was killed by Halo with the candlestick in the living room connection is a thread that hasn't exactly lit up the internet or the media, and they (we) love jumping on that kind of stuff.

Our verdict? Bogus and unnecessary. We sentence you to death by Needler. Before they put it on steroids.

wii60
November 29th, 2007, 00:28
Seriously?!? What a selfish idiot, 5 million is an absolutely ridiculous amount of money to ask for because a game crashed his 360, I could see asking a replacement, but not 5 million.

And regardless of other people having issues with the game, what makes this guy think he should get the compensation for their loss.

Shadowblind
November 29th, 2007, 02:36
Eh, the case will just get thrown out and he'll lose a massive wad of money for trying to sue. Karma, people. Karma.

wolfpack
November 29th, 2007, 03:14
he deserves the excessive and continuous teabagging

nuff said

steve520
November 29th, 2007, 03:16
wow what a stupid dude i would have sued for 10 million bitch i need some money.

onetwentyeight
November 29th, 2007, 13:09
this story reminds me of how a friend of mine used to crash his xbox1 on purpose using a cheat in morrowind to summon up to eight creatures to duke it out royal rumble style. froze his system every time and he loved it.

murgero1
November 29th, 2007, 13:14
OMG 5 mill! what a crazy person, i see a counter-sue in progress.