PDA

View Full Version : PSP games to cost £35

wraggster
July 20th, 2005, 23:44
Sony appears to have today confirmed that games for PSP will cost £35 in the UK.

While we've long known that the machine itself will retail for £180, this is the first time that a credible source has revealed a price for the handheld's software.

The reports have emanated from industry publication MCV, which baldly states that "Sony this week revealed that PSP software will retail in the UK for £34.99".

However, further intrigue comes from the fact that, when we spoke to a Sony representative, they were unable to confirm that such an announcement had actually been made. Instead, they were only able to tell us that a statement will be released in the near future.

If the price of PSP games is indeed verified at £35 - which it almost certainly will be - it would be higher than many gamers were hoping for, particularly as DS titles retail for a fiver less.

We'll bring you more on this story in the very near future.

PSP will be launched in the UK on 1 September

Greensprout
July 21st, 2005, 00:18
Looks like I'll be still importing then and saving money and get them delivered to my door.

leggy
July 21st, 2005, 18:23
If this is the case then the PSP will not sell very well.

Sony - stop being so damn greedy!!

sam
July 24th, 2005, 13:09
how much are they if you import?

Greensprout
July 25th, 2005, 11:07
how much are they if you import?

The prices vary, but the cheapest I paid was £23 inc P&P for Lumines :)

Sir_Winston
July 25th, 2005, 14:54
us Brits are always getting shafted, well im sorry to say i wont be paying £35 a game ill just wait till theres a way to play pirated games on my PSP

Handheld games should be no more than £20 a pop

Cap'n 1time
July 25th, 2005, 21:29
us Brits are always getting shafted, well im sorry to say i wont be paying £35 a game ill just wait till theres a way to play pirated games on my PSP

Handheld games should be no more than £20 a pop

dont even suggest your going to look into illegal methods here please... its just not cool.