PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive MGS4 needs to sell 1 million on day one

Shrygue
November 29th, 2007, 19:03
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=31092)

Due to production costs, Metal Gear Solid 4 needs to sell over a million copies on its first day, according to one of the game's assistant producers.

Speaking to Reuters, Konami's Ryan Payton defended the game's PS3 exclusivity.

"The PlayStation brand has always been good to us, and we're pretty bullish on the PS3."

"We're telling our fans that if you want to play 'Metal Gear Solid 4', you have to buy a PS3," he said.

Rising production costs means that it is tougher for third-party games to turn a profit if they are exclusive to a single console. PS3 exclusives face a tougher battle since sales of the console have lagged behind its rivals.

According to IDC analyst Billy Pidgeon, top next-generation videogames cost between USD 10 and 50 million to develop.

"You might be able to weather one title coming in at 500,000 in sales," said Pidgeon. "But two or three failures like that and even big publishers are going to be hurting."

Even so, Sony said it has been preparing for the demise of third-party exclusives for a long time.

"We understand publishers are needing to recoup their investment," said Peter Dille, senior vice president of marketing for Sony.

"From our perspective, as long as the games aren't going exclusive to other platforms, PS3 gamers are not actually losing anything."

Dille told Reuters that Sony has compensated by ramping up its own game production and has 15 internal studios working on PlayStation titles, more than Microsoft and Nintendo combined.

He added that there will be 15 PS3 exclusives released between September 2007 and April 2008.

To date, only two PS3 games have sold more than 1 million copies, whereas the PlayStation 2 has had nearly 100 games sell more than a million copies during its seven year lifespan.

Shadowblind
November 29th, 2007, 19:29
Only two games?....

Well, what are ya gonna do. The PS3 has its share of issues, but who the **** doesn't, right?

Still, I'm pretty sure that, no, MGS4 won't sell 1 million copies in the first week. Its not Halo or Gears of War.

mcdougall57
November 29th, 2007, 19:43
so about 1 in 6 ps3 owners have to buy this on the first day it is released? good luck ;)

Triv1um
November 29th, 2007, 21:08
You know as silly as it sound it 'could' happen. I know a few people with ps3s and everyone of them is going to get it on release.

Giving away goodies on preorders will help too.

Shrygue
November 29th, 2007, 21:27
I'll be on to get MGS4 when it comes out. Speaking of that, someone else I know is after this too, better remind him about it sometime...

Napalm-Death
November 29th, 2007, 21:39
It's not Halo or Gears of War.

You're right, it's better.

DPyro
November 29th, 2007, 22:11
I wouldn't say 1 in 6. By the time its released they should have sold a couple million more consoles, plus the thousands that will sell the day MGS4 is released.

Balthasar00
November 30th, 2007, 06:33
Its not Halo or Gears of War. you forgot to had the word : ''adverts"" after ''halo 3'' and ''Gears of War'' its make a difference.

Agree :thumbup:

JKKDARK
November 30th, 2007, 12:24
If a PS3 could sell 1 million on day one, a Wii game should sell 5 million on day one

NoQuarter
November 30th, 2007, 13:23
Metal Gear Solid 4 and Tekken are two of the main reasons I have a PS3.

Accordion
November 30th, 2007, 15:15
If a PS3 could sell 1 million on day one, a Wii game should sell 5 million on day one

Most Wii owners don't like games.

JKKDARK
November 30th, 2007, 15:27

Oh I wonder who's buying all these Wii games, they are always in the top lists :eek:

Wii owners bought the console because they wanted to play music :rolleyes:

F9zDark
November 30th, 2007, 15:33
MGS4 could easily do it, having a damn near cult status worldwide.

Baboon
November 30th, 2007, 15:41
This game does indeed look amazing... at last a true next gen game on the ps3! :)

Good luck to Konami for getting a million on day one... I guess the good thing being that if they fail then mgs will eventualy come to 360. ;)

F9zDark
November 30th, 2007, 15:55
I don't think they'll fail. The MGS series has long been the top selling games on the playstation. MGS sold 6.6 million games to date, MGS2 at 7 million to date and MGS3 at 3.6 million to date.

On day one? Well, thats tough, not impossible. But I doubt this is an admission or wager of the game going multiplatform.

Baboon
November 30th, 2007, 16:06

PS3 owners must really hate games - as there’s a major shortage of anything quality or even exlcusive out at the mo... plus all the frame rate issues with what is on the shelves needing to be patched etc. :rofl:

On day one? Well, thats tough, not impossible. But I doubt this is an admission or wager of the game going multiplatform.

If they don’t make what they predict then surely they’ve got to question releasing the game as a platform exclusive in the future? ...Don’t forget the previous generations ‘exclusive’ MGS title - “Substance” eventually came to xbox. ;)

Namco have recently jumped ship with the excellent Ace Combat now appearing exclusively on the 360 (if money talks then this would possibly lead on to Tekken etc)?? :) ...maybe I’m just wishful thinking here though? lol :

DPyro
November 30th, 2007, 17:24
Too bad they've already admitted their not setup for multiplatform gaming. Sorry, no MGS4 going to 360 revival rumors here.

F9zDark
November 30th, 2007, 17:38
PS3 owners must really hate games - as there’s a major shortage of anything quality or even exlcusive out at the mo... plus all the frame rate issues with what is on the shelves needing to be patched etc. :rofl:

The frame rate issues that I have read about are with games that are multiplatform, but I have yet to see these framerate issues in Assassin's Creed or in any mutliplatform game I own for the PS3. So I don't know, maybe the newer PS3s (80 and 40gb) are the ones with the problems.

bah
November 30th, 2007, 17:49
If they sold 1 copy on the first day and 1,999,999 on the second, they'd be ruined!

Shadowblind
November 30th, 2007, 18:02

Sorry, even denial can't save you this time. Its unlikely as even Super Mario Galaxy didn't sell 1 million copies the first week.

Napalm-Death
November 30th, 2007, 23:28
Sorry, even denial can't save you this time. Its unlikely as even Super Mario Galaxy didn't sell 1 million copies the first week.

I'm not denying anything, I'm just saying that it's better than Halo and GoW. =(

Too bad they've already admitted their not setup for multiplatform gaming. Sorry, no MGS4 going to 360 revival rumors here.

Yeah! You tell 'em!

F9zDark
December 1st, 2007, 06:46

What does mario galaxy have anything to do with this?

MGS has long been a very popular franchise, and all the MGS games that have made it to the playstation brand have sold more than the Halo series in and of themselves and have more than toppled GoW.

Selling 1 million in the first day, again, I can see that as being difficult. But give it a week or two and I can see how it would better that number.

Baboon
December 1st, 2007, 10:00
Well if they hit their target or not you know that this game is going to be fookin quality! ...I know I'll be invading my mates houses who own PS3's when this hits the UK shores. :thumbup:

JKKDARK
December 1st, 2007, 13:26
What does mario galaxy have anything to do with this?

Mario is extremely a bigger franchise than Metal Gear Solid but Super Mario Galaxy didn't sell 1 million in the first day.

Napalm-Death
December 1st, 2007, 15:22
Mario is extremely a bigger franchise than Metal Gear Solid but Super Mario Galaxy didn't sell 1 million in the first day.

Maybe everyone that didn't buy it doesn't want to float around in space?

Accordion
December 1st, 2007, 15:32

Most Wii owners dont like games.

Gold Line
December 1st, 2007, 15:58
Most Wii owners dont like games.

All ps3 owners don't like exclusive games. they like watered down 360 games.

Tree
December 1st, 2007, 16:07

or mayb they just like a good console insted of a pile of SHIT ...

JKKDARK
December 1st, 2007, 16:14
PS3 owners are mad because they know they bought a commercial failure :rofl:

This is my face when I see the PS3 sales: http://209.85.12.234/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

DPyro
December 1st, 2007, 16:18
Just cause Mario Galaxy didn't sell 1 million its first day doesn't mean MGS4 won't as well. I happen to want Mario Galaxy (one of the only games thats worth buying) thus why I put it on my xmas list for someone else to buy for me. If I can save myself money and add something to the list its a win-win.

Gold Line
December 1st, 2007, 16:26
Just cause Mario Galaxy didn't sell 1 million its first day doesn't mean MGS4 won't as well.

yes it does...

mario is MUCH more popular than MGS and there are MUCH more wii owners than ps3 owners.

F9zDark
December 1st, 2007, 16:41

When I see that, it makes me wonder if people are just sick of mario. I am not gonna say that Wii owners don't like games, otherwise why would they own a Wii, but Nintendo will soon find that casual gamers are NOT the ones who will wait in line on launch day to buy a game, as has happened with the Halo series and many other really popular games on hardcore gamer consoles.

yes it does...

mario is MUCH more popular than MGS and there are MUCH more wii owners than ps3 owners.

How would you know thats it more popular? Where is your proof for this? Is there some poll out there that says more people like Mario than Snake?

Napalm-Death
December 1st, 2007, 16:44
yes it does...

This doesn't mean that people won't buy PS3s when they pick up their copy of MGS4.

Gold Line
December 1st, 2007, 16:53
How would you know thats it more popular? Where is your proof for this? Is there some poll out there that says more people like Mario than Snake?

Because mario games have always outsold mgs games.

Shadowblind
December 1st, 2007, 17:07
or mayb they just like a good console insted of a pile of SHIT ...

Lets face it...right now, the PS3 can't compare to its peers.

End of story when it comes to the PS3.

The only POSSIBLE, plausible reason someone would EVER want a PS3 is one of 2 things:

1)They want it for MGS4, or KHIII whenever it comes out

2) They are Sony fans.

No other reason. Online sucks, games are limited to crap and mediocre, and at best, there are only 5 good games out for PS3 that aren't out for 360 too.

Production values are so freaking high on PS3, Konami clearly states that MGS4 must sell 1 mill in the first week to even start making a profit. While people are buying Blu-Ray more then HD-DVD, only 13% of all video sales aren't DVDs.

No matter how much you argue, the 360 has so far matched and often surpassed the PS3 in terms of graphics and gameplay. This is fact, and will remain fact until the PS3 can top it.

No, the 360's potential hasn't been tapped. It hasn't been NEAR tapped. I'm not sure which wingnut says it has, but that idea is just as convoluted as saying MGS4 will be released for 360, Wii, and PC as well as PS3.

Dude....you can ask anybody in the world. They know who Sonic and Mario are. Even I didn't know who Solid Snake was till he was announced for SSBB.

JKKDARK
December 1st, 2007, 17:10
Mario franchise sold more than 200 million units.

Metal Gear franchise sold (please, don't laugh Gold Line :rofl:) 20 million units.

DPyro
December 1st, 2007, 17:28
LoL @ Shadowblind. Who are you to say why someone would or wouldn't want a PS3. Thats your own opinion, and it doesn't = the rest of the world. Maybe people buy PS3 for the games, you know, something unique like LittleBigPlanet or the Eyetoy. Beats 10,000 mediocre FPS that get over hyped by the M$ machine and their advertising (notice how much money Microsoft wastes on advertising). Microsoft hasn't so much as made a dime from their gaming division, and their losing in Japan. In order to compete, you need to do well in all regions, not just 1. :rolleyes:

Shadowblind
December 1st, 2007, 17:35
LoL @ Shadowblind. Who are you to say why someone would or wouldn't want a PS3. Thats your own opinion, and it doesn't = the rest of the world. Maybe people buy PS3 for the games, you know, something unique like LittleBigPlanet or the Eyetoy. Beats 10,000 mediocre FPS that get over hyped by the M$ machine and their advertising (notice how much money Microsoft wastes on advertising). Microsoft hasn't so much as made a dime from their gaming division, and their losing in Japan. In order to compete, you need to do well in all regions, not just 1. :rolleyes:

Every single person i know who owns a PS3 says that they specifically bought the PS3 for MGS4. Yes, this is over 50 people. They also say they own less then 3 games for the PS3.

Wasting money on advertising? Everytime I see a game commercial for the PS3 (which is about every 3 commercials) they always add PS3 now at $399. Seems to me like they are even advertising crappy games just to have the "PS3 now at $399" appear. Japan = less then 1/4th of the gaming industry. They are losing in Japan, yet they are narrowly behind the Wii in console sales.

Every game MS has hyped has always lived up to it. Sony has so bad games, they can't even hype them. Too bad, too.

Unique, like eyetoy?... Unique like Bioshock, unique like Mass Effect, unique like the XBLA, and unique like XBL in general. Unique like the Wiimote, unique like Mario galaxy?

Unique like Sixaxis? Unique like the interface button in their controller? Unique like their brand new controllers? Right...

Napalm-Death
December 1st, 2007, 17:46
PS3 owners are mad because they know they bought a commercial failure :rofl:

I don't know which PS3 owners you're talking about because I don't see any owners "mad because they know they bought a commercial failure", if you don't like the console, then just leave it alone. If you're that mad that you can't get MGS4 on one disc on your own system then take it up with Konami.

EDIT: Shadowblind, you're probably the only gamer that hasn't heard of Solid Snake before the SSBB announcement, EVERYONE in the world knows who Solid Snake is, gamer or non-gamer.

DPyro
December 1st, 2007, 17:48
No good games? Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk and Uncharted in just a few months. Next up is UT3, Killzone 2, and LittleBigPlanet. Sony has their PSN which is similar to XBLA. Super Stardust HD and Everyday shooter are just a few of the good PSN games they've started to release in PSN's first year, vs Xbox having a 6 year head start. Best part is that PSN is FREE, why would you pay for something you already paid for (internet access). Quite frankly, you can't say that XBL is better than PSN. Do I really want to hear 12 year old kiddies screaming in my headphone say OMGZZZ I PWNEDED J00. The experience I've had with PSN is what I expect. I've never dropped connections, the games run fluid and I don't hear stupid kids screaming in my ear.

Accordion
December 1st, 2007, 17:53
the WOW is now!

This thread is ridiculous.

Yes the PS3 is worthless. Resistance, Motorstorm, Ratchet, Drakes, Warhawk, Super Stardust, Tekken, EveryDay Shooter, Wipeout, GT5:Prologue are all terrible or mediocre.

Yes, the PS3 online is awful. UT3 mods, dedicated servers, not paying, sucks!!!

Are the Mario Galaxy sales really that impressive for the market leaders premier title?

Baboon
December 1st, 2007, 18:30
Agreed this thread has become ridiculous. lol

Lets just wait and see how well it does on release day etc. ...I personally think that this will be without a doubt the title that will finally start shifting those PS3's off the shelves.

...and I hope the game does do well - I was just wishing (or teasing?) that it should be on 360. :)

Napalm-Death
December 1st, 2007, 18:32
Yes, Mario Galaxy sales are that impressive, they dictate what will and what will not happen in the future of the PS3!

Napalm-Death
December 1st, 2007, 18:33
Agreed this thread has become ridiculous. lol

Lets just wait and see how well it does on release day etc. ...I personally think that this will be without a doubt the title that will finally start shifting those PS3's off the shelves.

...and I hope the game does do well - I was just wishing (or teasing?) that it should be on 360. :)

Agreed.

Accordion
December 1st, 2007, 18:59
The only POSSIBLE, plausible reason someone would EVER want a PS3 is one of 2 things:

1)They want it for MGS4, or KHIII whenever it comes out

2) They are Sony fans.

No other reason. Even I didn't know who Solid Snake was till he was announced for SSBB.

If thats true then MGS4 will sell around 10 million on launch.

MGS is firmly placed in gaming canon if you dont know of Solid Snake you must not have much interest in games.
—————————————————————————————
competition for village idiot?

Gold Line
December 1st, 2007, 20:22
No good games? Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk and Uncharted in just a few months. Next up is UT3, Killzone 2, and LittleBigPlanet. Sony has their PSN which is similar to XBLA. Super Stardust HD and Everyday shooter are just a few of the good PSN games they've started to release in PSN's first year, vs Xbox having a 6 year head start. Best part is that PSN is FREE, why would you pay for something you already paid for (internet access). Quite frankly, you can't say that XBL is better than PSN. Do I really want to hear 12 year old kiddies screaming in my headphone say OMGZZZ I PWNEDED J00. The experience I've had with PSN is what I expect. I've never dropped connections, the games run fluid and I don't hear stupid kids screaming in my ear.
Killzone 1 sucked so what makes you so sure 2 will be any good? heavenly sword is just a cheap gow clone and most other ps3 games you can get on the 360. i could go on and on about ps3 games you people make them sound good but really there no reason to buy a ps3.

Metal Gear franchise sold (please, don't laugh Gold Line :rofl:) 20 million units.

LOL :rofl:

If thats true then MGS4 will sell around 10 million on launch then.

MGS is firmly placed in gaming canon if you dont know of Solid Snake you must no have much interest in games.
—————————————————————————————
competition for village idiot?

MGS is not in the same rank as Sonic, Zelda, Mario, HALO, Metroid, Kingdom hearts, Final Fantasy, Tekken, Pokemon, Smash bros ect

Yes it does sell really well but its still not that recognizable in the world of gaming, its only getting loads of hype because ps3 owners have nothing else.

BTW you win village idiot

F9zDark
December 1st, 2007, 21:46

And how many Mario games are there? There is probably close 30 games that bear the Mario name (Hundreds if you count all the games he is in, but doesn't bear his name).

So 200 million sales on 30 games, 20 million on 3. Hmmm, who is the true winner here?

Quality, not quantity, is Kojima's passion. Nintendo floods the market with Mario games with a hit or miss mentality. There are at least 25 Mario games that sold less than 1.5 million units. There is NO MGS game that sold less than even 4 million units.

JKKDARK
December 1st, 2007, 22:02
F9zDark, you know shit about video games.

There are at least 12 games on the Metal Gear franchise, not 3. :rofl:

DPyro
December 1st, 2007, 22:15
Killzone 1 sucked so what makes you so sure 2 will be any good? heavenly sword is just a cheap gow clone and most other ps3 games you can get on the 360. i could go on and on about ps3 games you people make them sound good but really there no reason to buy a ps3.

Killzone 1 was not the greatest, but the team was bought by Sony so theres more backing and more talent on the team now. Killzone: Liberation is one of the best games for the PSP and looking at the trailers for Killzone 2, you can tell that this game will be very good.

Arguing about no good games on the PS3 is pointless as there are already good games coming out now and saying Heavenly Sword is just a cheap clone just tells me you've never played HS before. If your going to have an opinion about something, at least have the decency to have played the game first.

Accordion
December 1st, 2007, 22:40
sweet sweet gold line, warms me up.

F9zDark
December 1st, 2007, 23:02
F9zDark, you know shit about video games.

There are at least 12 games on the Metal Gear franchise, not 3. :rofl:

First off, I was talking about the Metal Gear Solid series of games, not Metal Gear as a whole, secondly, there aren't 12 games, thirdly, where is your refutation to my point? Are you admitting that Mario is such shit Nintendo needed hundreds of them to make it "popular" rather than make a handful of really good ones?

Metal Gear as whole has 7 main games, with the others being remakes or supplemental games. Still, Mario needed 30 games to become as popular as it did, the most popular Mario game of all time was on NES, and no other, new, mario game has come close to the success.

So what does that say about Mario? That its waning. Sadly for all Nintendo faithfuls, Nintendo will probably use Mario, Zelda, Metroid for the next 20 years...

JKKDARK
December 1st, 2007, 23:19
Mario sales > Metal Gear sales

enough said.

oh also I can say Sonic The Hedgehog > Metal Gear :rofl:

F9zDark
December 1st, 2007, 23:31
No, not enough said. 3/4 of Mario's sales come from its oldest games pre N64.

So yes, Mario is on the downward spiral, and Nintendo would be stupid to keep the old horse around any longer. Its one of those times where its best to simply take it out back and put a bullet in it.

Then again, I suppose Nintendo fans have real low standards, and don't mind playing the same ho-hum game 500 times over. So it could be said that Nintendo fans don't know shit about games, cause you know, like most of the great things in life, its supposed to get better with time.

Accordion
December 1st, 2007, 23:35
No, not enough said. 3/4 of Mario's sales come from its oldest games pre N64.

So yes, Mario is on the downward spiral, and Nintendo would be stupid to keep the old horse around any longer. Its one of those times where its best to simply take it out back and put a bullet in it.

Then again, I suppose Nintendo fans have real low standards, and don't mind playing the same ho-hum game 500 times over. So it could be said that Nintendo fans don't know shit about games, cause you know, like most of the great things in life, its supposed to get better with time.

Spud!
Games are better with waggle.!

Napalm-Death
December 1st, 2007, 23:39
Spud!
Games are better with waggle.!

Yes sir! Give me a wiimote or two and I'm set for life. Gamecube graphics, I love you! Give me another 20 Mario games, where's my Mario hockey already?!

Xbox 360: Give me lots of FPS, some shit RPGs and a lot of tits; I love teh DOA. I don't care about 2D, once it's 3D I'm happy with my shitastic controller. :D

JKKDARK
December 2nd, 2007, 00:21
Wii Sales > PS3 sales

Xbox 360 sales > PS3 sales

Napalm-Death
December 2nd, 2007, 00:24
Wii Sales > PS3 sales

Xbox 360 sales > PS3 sales

Don't you realize that this'll change once MGS4 comes out? Or are you under the assumption that eventually MGS4 will be on the 360?

pibs
December 2nd, 2007, 00:28
Metal Gear Solid 4 and Tekken are two of the main reasons I have a PS3.

same here:)

JKKDARK
December 2nd, 2007, 00:58
Don't you realize that this'll change once MGS4 comes out?

I saved this link and I took a screen. If it doesn't happen, I will be the most annoying person for you :rolleyes:

osain24
December 2nd, 2007, 01:31
I know i said i wasn't going to post with this account, but this is just ridiculous, the ps3 is a valid games console and has just as much reason to be on the market as 360 and wii. Now you haters out there just lay off and stop shoving your propaganda down everyones throats, if they like the ps3 theres nothing you can do to stop them. so just shut up and stop bad mouthing and trashing it. I have 7 games for my ps3 and i am extremely happy with all of them and they have no issues at all and i would rate them highly, with all the great games that are coming out for the ps3 now i am going to need to save up some money just to get these awesome games, such as uncharted which has the best graphics i have ever seen on a games console, along with awesome gameplay it is surely going to be fantastic.

So what i am saying is every one doesnt have to be like you and you cant change that so there is no point arguing so just stop ok, live and let live.

peace out

lmtlmt

Napalm-Death
December 2nd, 2007, 02:52
I saved this link and I took a screen. If it doesn't happen, I will be the most annoying person for you :rolleyes:

:rofl: I guess I'll save it too to remind myself why I'll need to annoy the hell out of you.

Baboon
December 2nd, 2007, 10:33
Xbox 360... I'm happy with my shitastic controller. :D

Slightly off topic but...

For me this is the biggest problem with the 360... the controller does suck. :( ...as much as PES is currently better on the 360 to the PS version I still prefer playing the game on the ps pad. ...plus playing fighting games (or most of the xbox live arcade stuff) is a mare on the 360's shite dpad. :(

I'm hoping that in time there will be an adaptor for the 360 so I can use pads from other machines like I can on my older systems already?

And I cant believe in this thread people are still going on about "ooh my consoles better than yours" and "my games better as its got more coins and stars to collect" ...blah blah blah. lol

Lets all just agree to differ... or just play nicely. :thumbup:

jamotto
December 2nd, 2007, 11:52
And how many Mario games are there? There is probably close 30 games that bear the Mario name

Not even close, try 117. If you add up all the variations of the Metal Gear series you would get 27.

Gold Line
December 2nd, 2007, 11:53
Yes sir! Give me a wiimote or two and I'm set for life. Gamecube graphics, I love you! Give me another 20 Mario games, where's my Mario hockey already?!

Xbox 360: Give me lots of FPS, some shit RPGs and a lot of tits; I love teh DOA. I don't care about 2D, once it's 3D I'm happy with my shitastic controller. :D

PS3: Yay more 360 ports for me! I need good graphics! who cares if the game sucks as long as it looks good, My control pad has 2nd rate motion controls but i don't care because i love jumping up and down trying to get it to work, the wii and 360 are beating the ps3 in sales but i'm going to go on the Internet lie to myself and say its the best.

First off, I was talking about the Metal Gear Solid series of games, not Metal Gear as a whole, secondly, there aren't 12 games, thirdly, where is your refutation to my point? Are you admitting that Mario is such shit Nintendo needed hundreds of them to make it "popular" rather than make a handful of really good ones?

Metal Gear as whole has 7 main games, with the others being remakes or supplemental games. Still, Mario needed 30 games to become as popular as it did, the most popular Mario game of all time was on NES, and no other, new, mario game has come close to the success.

So what does that say about Mario? That its waning. Sadly for all Nintendo faithfuls, Nintendo will probably use Mario, Zelda, Metroid for the next 20 years...
has anyone ever told you that you fail at life?

mario is so popular that people wanted more mario games its because of the fans that there are so many mario games.

and if you have a brain you will know nintendo use MUCH more than mario, zelda and metroid. what about Fire emblem, pokemon, kirby, wario, mother, star fox, donkey kong, kid icarus, advance wars, super smash bros ect

Don't you realize that this'll change once MGS4 comes out?

I LOL at your logic. :rofl:

osain24
December 2nd, 2007, 12:12
theres no reasoning with fanboys (like goldline) so dont even bother.....:(

Accordion
December 2nd, 2007, 13:48
Itunes Top 10 Singles[UK]

1. Call the Shots: Girls Aloud
2. Bleeding Love: Leona Lewis
3. Apologize: Timbaland
4. Rule the World: Take That
5. No One: Alicia Keys
6. Heartbroken: T2
7. Valerie: Mark Ronson
8. Flux: Bloc Party
9. All I Want For Christmas Is You: Mariah Carey
10. 2 Hearts: Kylie Minogue.

Napalm-Death
December 2nd, 2007, 14:56
PS3: Yay more 360 ports for me! I need good graphics! who cares if the game sucks as long as it looks good, My control pad has 2nd rate motion controls but i don't care because i love jumping up and down trying to get it to work, the wii and 360 are beating the ps3 in sales but i'm going to go on the Internet lie to myself and say its the best.
Last time I checked, not all of the PS3s games were 360 ports, yeah, I need good graphics, we're not exactly in the SNES era anymore. Jumping up and down? What the hell are you on? I see people at GameStop jumping up and down all the time when trying to use the Wiimote, if you've played a game that used SIXAXIS fully you'd probably see that you don't need to jump. o_O

mario is so popular that people wanted more mario games its because of the fans that there are so many mario games.
Yeah, and how old are today's Mario fans now? 5?

and if you have a brain you will know nintendo use MUCH more than mario, zelda and metroid. what about Fire emblem, pokemon, kirby, wario, mother, star fox, donkey kong, kid icarus, advance wars, super smash bros ect
Did you notice something about most of the games you listed? Their main audience is probably around 5-10 years old.

I LOL at your logic. :rofl:
If it makes you feel any better, I LOL at yours too; if waving your wiiwii around is what you're into, good for you, just leave me out of it.

DPyro
December 2nd, 2007, 15:04
Hmm, I just remembered that all these 'good games' for 360 are also available on PC (PC games always being better)....yet all the good games for PS3 are actually exclusive to PS3. :rolleyes:

Napalm-Death
December 2nd, 2007, 15:09
Hmm, I just remembered that all these 'good games' for 360 are also available on PC (PC games always being better)....yet all the good games for PS3 are actually exclusive to PS3. :rolleyes:

Even more reason to not get a 360. Why get a game on 360 when you can get it for PC? Sure you might have to upgrade your PC, but it'll be worth it.:rofl:

DPyro
December 2nd, 2007, 15:17
I personally wouldn't as all the 'good games' on 360 are FPS. Where the hell are your RPGs? Oh thats right, you have none - hence why your losing in Japan.

Baboon
December 2nd, 2007, 15:21
Even more reason to not get a 360. Why get a game on 360 when you can get it for PC? Sure you might have to upgrade your PC, but it'll be worth it.:rofl:

As obviously we are all made of money and can all afford to upgrade our PC's each year when the latest games come out? :rofl:

...and of course games like Ace Combat 6, Dead Rising, Fable 2, Forza Motorsport 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden II, Project Gotham Racing 4 etc are all available on the PC aren't they???

Napalm-Death
December 2nd, 2007, 15:23
As obviously we are all made of money and can all afford to upgrade our PC's each year when the latest games come out? :rofl:

...and of course games like Ace Combat 6, Dead Rising, Fable 2, Forza Motorsport 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden II, Project Gotham Racing 4 etc are all available on the PC aren't they???

If it's Microsoft, it'll eventually run on PC. Remember Halo and Halo 2?

DPyro
December 2nd, 2007, 15:58
Half of those games you mentioned have previous versions that are already on the PC, so its safe to assume the newer versions will as well. The other half are either on PS3, will be coming to PS3 or aren't as good as the PS3 - Forza, PGR vs. Gran Turismo.

Baboon
December 2nd, 2007, 16:18
If it's Microsoft, it'll eventually run on PC. Remember Halo and Halo 2?

Which takes me back to my last post saying that most people can't afford to update there PC's to run the latest games.

Half of those games you mentioned have previous versions that are already on the PC, so its safe to assume the newer versions will as well. The other half are either on PS3, will be coming to PS3 or aren't as good as the PS3 - Forza, PGR vs. Gran Turismo.

I like playing the latest top games now... not a year or so down the line. GT will no doubt be fantastic but you can't really make a comparison until its on the shelves and you've actually played it.

If the 360 is so shite and is a poor substitute for the PC versions of games we can play now, what does that make the PS3 which is receiving all it's (bad) ports from a 360? lol

Gold Line
December 2nd, 2007, 16:24
Last time I checked, not all of the PS3s games were 360 ports, yeah, I need good graphics, we're not exactly in the SNES era anymore. Jumping up and down? What the hell are you on? I see people at GameStop jumping up and down all the time when trying to use the Wiimote, if you've played a game that used SIXAXIS fully you'd probably see that you don't need to jump. o_O

Whats wrong with the SNES era? the SNES has better games than the ps3.

You said you need to wave your arms in the air and jump up and down to use the wiimote. what the hell are you on?

Yeah, and how old are today's Mario fans now? 5?
Must be a lot of 5 year olds on the internet since mario galaxy is one of the most highest rated games of all time.

Did you notice something about most of the games you listed? Their main audience is probably around 5-10 years old.
Theres no point even replying to this joke.

If it makes you feel any better, I LOL at yours too; if waving your wiiwii around is what you're into, good for you, just leave me out of it.
If the wii is out selling the ps3 then waving a wiimote is what a lot of people are into and we are very happy to leave you out.

Accordion
December 2nd, 2007, 16:41
I wonder why people who dont like MGS want to post in a MGS thread?

Gold Line
December 2nd, 2007, 16:44

I'm sure everyone in this thread likes the MGS series, i know i do.

Baboon
December 2nd, 2007, 16:44

One word ...'Jealousy'. lol

Oh and for the record I do love the MGS franchise.

Accordion
December 2nd, 2007, 16:48
I'm sure everyone in this thread likes the MGS series, i know i do.

Stop talking out of your arse on off-topic rants then.

——————————————edit———————————

first post in the thread.- im not blaming you entirely, this thread was falling before, but everyone please stop.

Gold Line
December 2nd, 2007, 16:52
Stop talking out of your arse on off-topic rants then.

I'm not.

I only said that MGS4 won't sell 1 million copy's in one day and that mario is more popular (witch it is), then everyone and there mother attacked me.

Napalm-Death
December 2nd, 2007, 16:56
Whats wrong with the SNES era? the SNES has better games than the ps3.

I was talking about the graphics, some of my favorite games were on the SNES so I wouldn't bash it unnecessarily. SNES has better games than the PS3, seeing as how the PS3 has just started getting games, and I don't even like some of those games, yeah I prefer SFII over some of the PS3's current games...

You said you need to wave your arms in the air and jump up and down to use the wiimote. what the hell are you on?
I didn't say that you NEEDED to jump up and down, I said that's what I saw people doing, big difference. Last time I checked, you needed to "make the motions" in the Wii's fighting games, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these motions involved "waving your arms up and down". Mortal Kombat?

Must be a lot of 5 year olds on the internet since mario galaxy is one of the most highest rated games of all time.

You're probably right, seeing as there's 12 year olds on XBL, this wouldn't surprise me.

If the wii is out selling the ps3 then waving a wiimote is what a lot of people are into and we are very happy to leave you out.
Like I told JKK, this will change once MGS4 comes out.

Gold Line
December 2nd, 2007, 17:06
Like I told JKK, this will change once MGS4 comes out.

Really? Can i borrow your time machine some time and see for my self.

(if you don't get that joke you are a noob)

DPyro
December 2nd, 2007, 17:26
I did some researching, and MGS4 will ultimately end up selling half a million consoles on launch day.

Napalm-Death
December 2nd, 2007, 17:45
I did some researching, and MGS4 will ultimately end up selling half a million consoles on launch day.

Let's add this number with the number of people that already have the PS3. :D

Accordion
December 2nd, 2007, 17:53
At the end of it all, this is MGS, it will be released, it will be superb.

Napalm-Death
December 2nd, 2007, 17:59
I agree. Is there finally an exact release date? I'm seeing March at some places and summer at others.

DPyro
December 2nd, 2007, 18:15
Let's add this number with the number of people that already have the PS3. :D

Uh woops, did I say consoles? I meant to say MGS4 will sell half a million copies. :o

Napalm-Death
December 2nd, 2007, 18:28
LOL Oh well, I'm tired of arguing anyway. I just hope the game does well.