PDA

View Full Version : 3.73 HX Custom Firmware is ready

wraggster
November 29th, 2007, 23:49
News from PSPgen (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pspgen.com%2Fmodules. php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D5391&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8)

Less than an hour after the release of 3.73, HellDashX has already updated its firmware, to go 3.73 HX-1. No official release, but a WIP waiting for you by clicking away.

What's new in this Custom Firmware itself are minor except the passage 3.73.

* Updating official called now SCE.PBP, which will simplify future updates.
* Nettoyage de code. * Cleaning code.

As soon as a release is made we will have it :)

shorty_carnage
November 30th, 2007, 12:49
Nice update!

You guys got flamed by D_A bad!

boo128
November 30th, 2007, 15:13
Lets just hope that HellDashX will continue this work and release to the public.

People flaming just because HellDashX is "not doing real work" is rubbish - If it was that easy to code CFWs for the PSP then there would be lots to choose from - not just Dark_Alex / M33

HellDashX has not been releasing CFWs on the PSP for long - think about it D_A has had the luxury of time to perfect his CFWs - give the new guys a chance - help them if you can...

Finally remember having more than just one CFW enables the community to grow - what would happen if only one coder / group released on the homebrew scene?

Akatsuki-Reaper
November 30th, 2007, 15:44
so when exactly will it be reallsed...like tommorow

or somthin like that

but thats great :thumbup:

Spyzius
November 30th, 2007, 15:55
how about 1.5 addon?

Akatsuki-Reaper
November 30th, 2007, 16:38
yeah and will they make a downgrade for it

or we have to use pandora

p.s does it run psp iso games????????

ICE
November 30th, 2007, 18:29
yeah and will they make a downgrade for it

or we have to use pandora

p.s does it run psp iso games????????

downgraders are very different things and most likely arent even being worked anymore.

NO ISO TALK.

Akatsuki-Reaper
November 30th, 2007, 18:53
what do u mean by ''no iso talk'':eek:

Shrygue
November 30th, 2007, 19:29
We do not allow discussion of PSP ISOs/CSOs here at DCEmu in any way as it's against the rules. Break them and recieve a heavy infraction at your own risk, you have been warned.

Zin0099
November 30th, 2007, 19:30
iso talk is always ban but for some reason people still talk about it

Akatsuki-Reaper
November 30th, 2007, 19:33
oh sorry...........my mouse is zipped

GOD damit......when are we going to get 3.73 HX-1!!!!

ive waited 3 hours already!!!

Mashphealh
December 1st, 2007, 10:02
HellDashX retired :(.
3.73 hx won't be released to the public. It's only a private project of HellDashX .

Look his webpage : http://helldashx.devsgen.com/

kjetil1991
December 1st, 2007, 10:26
hm i dont use this cf only newbies that is using it

Mashphealh
December 1st, 2007, 10:51
hm i dont use this cf only newbies that is using it
Why only for newbies ?
It custom firmware will be a complete reverse of M33 custom firmware.
Of moment isn't it, but now has the vshctrl, the updater and more prxs of m33 firmware reversed:) .

In the future you won't can say this;).

Cloudhunter
December 1st, 2007, 11:07
HellDashX retired :(.
3.73 hx won't be released to the public. It's only a private project of HellDashX .

Look his webpage : http://helldashx.devsgen.com/

Why only for newbies ?
It custom firmware will be a complete reverse of M33 custom firmware.
Of moment isn't it, but now has the vshctrl, the updater and more prxs of m33 firmware reversed:) .

In the future you won't can say this;).

Which one of these statements is true? If he's retired, how will we find out that it will be a complete reverse?

Anyway, on to my point. 3.72 HX-1 should never have been released as it was. True, he reversed the updater, but when it was released, there was only proof that he reversed the updater, vshctrl and maybe recovery. The vshctrl and recover he did release WAS a hex edit to change offsets, and 3.71 to 3.72 in recovery mode. I personally checked this myself.

I know he's capable of reversing more, so why didn't he release it fully reversed, instead of this hack job that he did now?

Cloudy

Mashphealh
December 1st, 2007, 11:16
Which one of these statements is true? If he's retired, how will we find out that it will be a complete reverse?

Anyway, on to my point. 3.72 HX-1 should never have been released as it was. True, he reversed the updater, but when it was released, there was only proof that he reversed the updater, vshctrl and maybe recovery. The vshctrl and recover he did release WAS a hex edit to change offsets, and 3.71 to 3.72 in recovery mode. I personally checked this myself.

I know he's capable of reversing more, so why didn't he release it fully reversed, instead of this hack job that he did now?

Cloudy
Much people have flamed HellDashX ; for this reason he is retired.

If he has reversed the vshctrl and the updater, do not think that he can reverse the rest of m33?
I think that he can.

Cloudhunter
December 1st, 2007, 13:21
Much people have flamed HellDashX ; for this reason he is retired.

If he has reversed the vshctrl and the updater, do not think that he can reverse the rest of m33?
I think that he can.

I think he can too.

If he had fully reversed it, THEN released it, like WildC*rd, then he'd not have been flamed.

Cloudy

Akatsuki-Reaper
December 1st, 2007, 13:41
If helldashX retired i am going to

kill myself,ive waited enough:mad:

ice_storme
December 1st, 2007, 13:57
Heh, I'm happy to hear the rumor the Hell_Dash_X retired. I hope it's true. After using his firmware (against Dark_AleX's advise) I found it to be......... rather disappointing. Eh, I should just listened to the veteran PSP CFW programmers, they know what they are talking about.

Akatsuki-Reaper
December 1st, 2007, 13:59
YOUR problem ice:rofl:

ice_storme
December 1st, 2007, 14:06
I mean..... HelldashX's firmware worked, it just didn't run a single PSone game. *Sighs* I love my PSone games.

Akatsuki-Reaper
December 3rd, 2007, 05:39
looks like its not going to get realsed

mario guy
December 4th, 2007, 16:17
where do i download this cfw from ?

mario guy
December 4th, 2007, 18:07
wadya mean he retierd....i wont that cfw !!!!!!!!!!!
is there any other way of me gettin it

F9zDark
December 5th, 2007, 03:03
Heh, I'm happy to hear the rumor the Hell_Dash_X retired. I hope it's true. After using his firmware (against Dark_AleX's advise) I found it to be......... rather disappointing. Eh, I should just listened to the veteran PSP CFW programmers, they know what they are talking about.

Yeah they do, but how much drama have we had to deal with because of DA's "celebrity" status. This is WHY we need more CFW programmers. So what he hexed and reversed DA's work? Thats how DA learned to program CFW. Through reverse engineering and tooling around and seeing the end result.

Point is, we need more CFW programmers. If DA decides one day, to say to hell with the PSP, who is gonna make CFW for us?

Cloudhunter
December 5th, 2007, 13:58
Yeah they do, but how much drama have we had to deal with because of DA's "celebrity" status. This is WHY we need more CFW programmers. So what he hexed and reversed DA's work? Thats how DA learned to program CFW. Through reverse engineering and tooling around and seeing the end result.

Reverse engineering - fair enough. But hexing? That's just lame. To hex edit a firmware and then call it your own... It's just plain lame.

If he had released it fully recompiled, then no-one would have been complaining.

Cloudy

kori_994
December 5th, 2007, 23:48
ok i am really dissapointed i was so exited for 3.73 hx but now he's retired? wow i'm depressed :(. someone needs to tell HellDashX about all those people who updated to 3.72 cfw by accident and now have nowhere to go and no cfw to update to. i'm going to commit suicide now PIECE.

kori_994
December 5th, 2007, 23:51
oh and is it really that hard to make a cfw i am going to try as hard as i can to find out how to make one even if it takes me a year ( well maybe not that long) so i can make my own and release it to everybody. yeah i know it will be extremely hard. but when i know how, i will make a cfw of every new update no matter how long it takes or how hard it is and will release every one of them so everybody can have a cfw psp whenever they want it!!!

kori_994
December 5th, 2007, 23:53
does anyone else think i should because i am willing to do all that work just because of all the people out there who want it. so does anyone think i should. if i can find out how i will be reliable for every update no matter how pointless the update is. to make a cfw!!!

andwhyisit
December 6th, 2007, 00:19
Reverse engineering - fair enough. But hexing? That's just lame. To hex edit a firmware and then call it your own... It's just plain lame.

If he had released it fully recompiled, then no-one would have been complaining.

Cloudy
I think it was part reversed and part hexed.

illustratorchris
December 6th, 2007, 06:03
hey im new 2 this but i can waith 2 make my regular psp 3.72 to a 3.73 custom firmware

F9zDark
December 6th, 2007, 18:07

Cloudy

True enough I suppose, but he may have hexed it because he hasn't learned the ins and outs of the firmware yet.

I guess I am defending him because we need more custom firmwares. Monopolies suck, in essence, with DA being the only one to make CFW we are at his mercy. Sure he is a great guy and has made some awesome achievements, but what if he decides one day to charge for his "services"?

Needless to say, that is why a monopoly really sucks. Sure he would more than deserve money for his efforts, but a monopoly gives those who have said monopoly great power over the people that need what they offer.

I am not saying he will do it, but having 2 or 3 CFWs out there would not hurt the scene at all. It just bothers me that people get up on every CFW programmer's case about trying to make something new. Competition leads to a better end product, and had we have had 2 or 3 teams making CFW for the last year, we may have some truly awesome features to choose from.

Cloudhunter
December 6th, 2007, 23:17
True enough I suppose, but he may have hexed it because he hasn't learned the ins and outs of the firmware yet.

I guess I am defending him because we need more custom firmwares. Monopolies suck, in essence, with DA being the only one to make CFW we are at his mercy. Sure he is a great guy and has made some awesome achievements, but what if he decides one day to charge for his "services"?

Needless to say, that is why a monopoly really sucks. Sure he would more than deserve money for his efforts, but a monopoly gives those who have said monopoly great power over the people that need what they offer.

I am not saying he will do it, but having 2 or 3 CFWs out there would not hurt the scene at all. It just bothers me that people get up on every CFW programmer's case about trying to make something new. Competition leads to a better end product, and had we have had 2 or 3 teams making CFW for the last year, we may have some truly awesome features to choose from.

There's just no keeping up with him really. I don't doubt that HellDashX had the ability to reverse the custom firmware... But due to not doing a full job of it he got flamed.

Also, Dark_AleX knows that he can't charge for it - it has dubious legality and no-one would use it - this scene is usually all about sponging off other people and pirating.

Competition doesn't really help things in this case - there's not many things you can improve on.

I think it was part reversed and part hexed.

No, he reversed the updater and hexed the vshmain.prx and recovery.prx - True he had to reverse to find out what to hex, but he should have at least recompiled.

Cloudy

Flaco_Guey
December 7th, 2007, 12:39
hey kori if you are going to commit suicide how will u make CFW for us

andwhyisit
December 7th, 2007, 14:47
does anyone else think i should because i am willing to do all that work just because of all the people out there who want it. so does anyone think i should. if i can find out how i will be reliable for every update no matter how pointless the update is. to make a cfw!!!
Go for it. :D
We will be cheering you on.

doclane
December 8th, 2007, 00:58
so is this gonna be released or what?

F9zDark
December 8th, 2007, 01:28
There's just no keeping up with him really. I don't doubt that HellDashX had the ability to reverse the custom firmware... But due to not doing a full job of it he got flamed.

Also, Dark_AleX knows that he can't charge for it - it has dubious legality and no-one would use it - this scene is usually all about sponging off other people and pirating.

Competition doesn't really help things in this case - there's not many things you can improve on.

I suppose, DA would be in deep shit with Sony if he sold his custom firmware, but there are ways around this. "Donate to join the forums." for instance. Not really selling the CFW, rather "selling" the ability to view the forums, which just so happen to host the files to the CFW...

About the competition, I can see a few ways how it would be possible to "improve" on the CFW scene. One could reverse engineer how WMAs are handled by the XMB and firmware and discover a way to get other files supported.

Much like how ISOs were introduced into Custom firmware, as showing up on the XMB and being playable. Sure they follow UMD format, but someone had to write the code that makes them show up on the XMB and execute as "pseudo" UMDs.

Mashphealh
December 8th, 2007, 18:09
Don't flame Hell please, he has a part of m33 firmware reversed, he hasn't all the m33 reversed yet , but he will have it .
If someone want the 3.73 hx get it with your skills as I have done. :) It won't be published by personal reasons.

Akatsuki-Reaper
December 8th, 2007, 18:58
Got it with your skillz??

so u have it....can i have a copy lol:thumbup:

Mashphealh
December 8th, 2007, 19:02
Got it with your skillz??

so u have it....can i have a copy lol:thumbup:
I patched 3.72 HX-1 HellDashX's updater for run 3.73 firmware. It isn't a copy ;)

lol:thumbup:
:confused: LOL

Now I know because Helldashx is retired. There are many critics. When Alex leave the scene don't mourn.

Cloudhunter
December 9th, 2007, 00:35
Don't flame Hell please, he has a part of m33 firmware reversed, he hasn't all the m33 reversed yet , but he will have it .
If someone want the 3.73 hx get it with your skills as I have done. :) It won't be published by personal reasons.

No disrespect, but you might as well just hex the original M33 and release it as your own custom firmware - it's practically doing the same thing as what 3.72 HX was.

Glad you haven't released it though - I can keep the respect I've gained for you ;)

Cloudy

Akatsuki-Reaper
December 9th, 2007, 16:38
ok Mashphealh can u give me a patch it for me....pls:)

Mashphealh
December 9th, 2007, 17:48
ok Mashphealh can u give me a patch it for me....pls:) If I dont published the patch it will be for something...
I cant release it to the public. One person has prooves that I have the patch.

mario guy
December 10th, 2007, 17:26
i love iso

ballagnst13
December 11th, 2007, 01:39
yeah right i bet you dont have it

Cloudhunter
December 11th, 2007, 02:18
He probably does have it, as it's a rather simple job, just updating the offsets. Calling him out isn't going to make you have it :)

Glad you're not going to release it.

Cloudy

ballagnst13
December 11th, 2007, 04:08
well i think its gay some people just want a custom firmware cuz they tired of 3.72 ofw and every one is being selfish

mario guy
December 11th, 2007, 20:15
i think you should try....and if u do make 1 be sure im the first person u send it to

ballagnst13
December 12th, 2007, 06:32
well to tell you the truth i just messed up my psp i cracked my lcd screen trying to change the housing im so pissed i have this so much

Cloudhunter
December 12th, 2007, 16:10
And so, karma corrects itself.

Cloudy

ballagnst13
December 13th, 2007, 04:32
the hell with all you helldash posted the 3.73 hx-1 to public cuz he aint no punk

mario guy
December 13th, 2007, 20:20
does the psp custom firmware 3.73 hx work on original firmware 3.72

JPJunkie
December 13th, 2007, 20:22
No you have to downgrade your PSP to 1.5 before you can upgrade to Custom Firmware