PDA

View Full Version : Reuben Kee (1984-2007)

Johnny Rash
November 30th, 2007, 04:44
Many of you probably never heard of this 23 year old musician.
And even though I never had the honor to meet this man...
I am even further depressed at the fact that I never will.
He...was a remixer on OCRemix.
And he wrote some of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.
Even the one I'm listening to as I write this.

Goodbye Reuben Kee.
Your memory will live on in your music.
Visit his memoriam thread on OCRemix (http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13320)

I've attached the song from him I was listening to during writing.
It's such a shame to see such a young talent go.

ExcruciationX
November 30th, 2007, 05:15
Sadly, I haven't heard of him before.

What happened to him?

kcajblue
November 30th, 2007, 05:24
if he helped make that voices of the lifestream thing.
then thats pretty awesome.

i give my condolences to the family.
thats why i might not be on as much.
there have been a lot of deaths in my family recently.

Johnny Rash
November 30th, 2007, 05:26
When the search for the five missing dragon boat racers in Cambodia resumes this morning, chances of finding them alive appear to be bleak.

It would have been about 40 hours since the boat carrying 22 Singapore dragon boat racers capsized in the river on Friday.

Singapore naval divers will be using sonar equipment to comb the Tonle Sap River near the Cambodian capital of Phnom Penh, together with local rescue workers.

According to eyewitnesses, survivors and race officials, the Singapore team was making its way back to the starting point, after the race, when the tragedy occurred.

Instead of waiting for a boat to tow them back, the team had decided to row towards shore themselves.

When they were close to shore, a wave hit them, causing the boat to collide with a pontoon and overturn. Team members were sucked under the pontoon. Seventeen racers surfaced and five did not.

The missing racers are: Jeremy Goh, 24; Stephen Low, 31; Reuben Kee, 23; Poh Boon San, 27 and Chee Wei Cheng, 20.

It is believed that a combination of strong currents and fatigue after the race could play a part in the likely drowning of the five men. They could also have been knocked unconscious when the 500kg boat capsized in the 9m-deep water.

The racers were not wearing life jackets.

One survivor who declined to be named said the team panicked under water and the current was pushing them down, so they all kicked their way upwards. He was treated for bruises on his face.

Eyewitness Joey Paraiso said on television last night that the current was strong. "It happened so quickly. The Singaporean rowers, one by one, floated and saved themselves. There were some railings that they were able to hold on to.

"They were not able to swim normally, so they just looked for something to hang on to... The current was a bit strong," he said.

The race was held to celebrate Cambodia's Water Festival, which takes place each year at full moon to celebrate the changing of the Tonle Sap River course.

Then...

TEN minutes before 8am on Sunday, the river gave up its first victim.

Fishermen trawling the waters of Cambodia's Tonle Sap found the body of Mr Chee Wei Cheng, 20, washed up on an island a few kilometres south of where his dragon boat had capsized on Friday.

In the end, after divers had searched for nearly 40 hours, the river discharged all five missing young men in less than four.

By noon, all had been recovered: first Mr Chee, then Mr Jeremy Goh Tze Xiong, 24; Mr Stephen Loh Soon Ann, 31; Mr Poh Boon San, 27; and last of all, Mr Reuben Kee En Rui, 23.

The national dragon boaters were still in their team shirts and shorts, now the colour of the muddy river.

Their bodies were spotted floating downstream from the accident site, said police officer Mom Sitha, a member of the search team.

Local fishermen had been enlisted to help as they knew the rips and currents of the area intimately, Phnom Penh Municipal Police Chief Touch Naroth told The Straits Times.

The search site included the confluence of three rivers, the Tonle Bassac, the Mekong and the Tonle Sap, which is prone to strong rips and whirlpools and very hard to navigate by boat - let alone swim.

Mr Touch Naroth said: 'The bodies were found over an area from Hun Sen Park to Koh Pich island. They were in good condition. They were not marked in any way, so it appears the rowers were caught in the current and simply drowned.'

A sixth body was also found, that of a Cambodian rower whose boat had also capsized on Friday, said Mr Nhim Vanda, vice-president of the National Committee for Disaster Management.

For the families of the Singapore rowers, dread became grief, as they grappled with their loss and asked how the tragedy happened.

blackrave
November 30th, 2007, 22:27
I'm not kidding when I say his Metal Gear Solid remixes are beautful masterpieces. Get them at once!

Sad news ...

Napalm-Death
November 30th, 2007, 23:31
Rest in Peace.