PDA

View Full Version : Sony fixes UMD drive bug

Shrygue
November 30th, 2007, 19:40
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=88539)

Sony has updated PlayStation Portable's firmware to version 3.73.

The new firmware supposedly fixes a flaw with the UMD drive. Apparently in some cases data would fail to load properly, and Sony appears to have solved that problem.

Not the most exciting news in the world, then, but undoubtedly important news to anybody who's been suffering from the above-mentioned UMD-knack.

You can download the new firmware from Sony's website (if you can bloody find it) or by using the Network Update option on the XMB.

Buddy4point0
November 30th, 2007, 20:03
thats good.
not a good enophe update for a new custom firmware.
cant wait utill 3.8 or 3.74 m33 though

gelon
November 30th, 2007, 23:49
"if you can bloddy find it?" ... i dont think so ...

Heres the 3.73 main page

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/update/ud_04.html

And heres the download link

http://dj01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/psp/image/jp/2007_1129_0c1668bb95c6e92091c743a53b809997/EBOOT.PBP

You have just search

You will not find in the american site beacuse there's no official USA release, only JAP firmware (it'll works on any region)

AshtonNewton
December 1st, 2007, 00:00
Id honestly like to know some one who hates custom firmware. I mean it's got every feature sony is giving you and then those awesome homebew games this site is giving you. I mean you can stuff your memory card with apps. Then the isos. I mean a custom firmware user needs one heckof a memory card to hold all this. And if you put movies, wow.

Murdock
December 1st, 2007, 11:37
Well ... then the so called "experts" of M33 were pretty wrong, claiming $ony has made "no changes" in this new FW ... Seems they are not as brilliant as they have been thought to be :o

Seriously ... how ignorant can a person be to believe $ony would release a new Firmware without any purpose? Come on Dark Alex! That was a weak comment of yours, admit it! :rolleyes:

ice_storme
December 1st, 2007, 14:04
Well ... then the so called "experts" of M33 were pretty wrong, claiming $ony has made "no changes" in this new FW ... Seems they are not as brilliant as they have been thought to be :o

Seriously ... how ignorant can a person be to believe $ony would release a new Firmware without any purpose? Come on Dark Alex! That was a weak comment of yours, admit it! :rolleyes:

Oops. That was my fault. I typed that remark on Alex's behave and posted it. My bad. :eek:

AshtonNewton
December 1st, 2007, 17:24

Evey time Sony has a new update it makes it harder and very frustrating to downgrade. So there is 2 purposes in my opinion. Adding things and making it harder to downgrade.

SSaxdude
December 1st, 2007, 17:42
Sony has released many firmwares with no purpose other than blocking exploits. Remember 1.51,1.52,2.01, etc.? Remember, DAX has to decrypt the firmware and do other stuff to create each custom firmware. It's a wasted effort since Sony will just release a new firmware in a week or so. The only reason why DAX would create a 3.73 M33 was either if:
it has new features
games required 3.73 to play
DAX is bored
Just be patient and respect the coders for what they have given us.

Murdock
December 2nd, 2007, 13:12
So there is 2 purposes in my opinion. Adding things and making it harder to downgrade.

LOl yep, but the "making it harder to downgrade" seems to be no argument, since we can downgrade every FW with Pandora ... therefore ... only one argument left :)

Sony has released many firmwares with no purpose other than blocking exploits. Remember 1.51,1.52,2.01, etc.?

Of course I remember ... but as stated above ... Pandora is the "universal" key in this war ... which renders ALMOST every attempt to prevent CFWs useless ...

Remember, DAX has to decrypt the firmware and do other stuff to create each custom firmware. It's a wasted effort since Sony will just release a new firmware in a week or so. The only reason why DAX would create a 3.73 M33 was either if:
it has new features
games required 3.73 to play
DAX is bored

I remember this, too ... I NEVER said there should be a 3.73 CFW ... but obviously, for a 3.73 CFW, the files neend't be decrypted, or else (I suppose), HellDash hadn't been able to release one that fast, right?

Just be patient and respect the coders for what they have given us.

I am as patient as a single person can be :o and I respect their work ... the only thing I criticize is their rediculous behaviour towards ppl. trying to make custom Firmwares, too... they almost cry like little babies when it's about s/o else doing a CFW ... okay, I am no coder and I may not understand a single f...reaking line of code ... but I bet those M33 folks are just pissed off by the thought s/o could use their stolen source to learn how to code a CFW ... which would result in ppl. challenging them ... and I bet that's just what they fear .. that s/o could be better.

I have said it so many times: Of course I respect their work and the time they spend coding for their fame. I mean of course I profit from their work, but they are not the only ppl. able to do a good job .. they just were the FIRST and the entire group would probably still sit at home, staring at their screens and scratching their heads because they cannpt figure out how this shit worx, if Dark Alex hadn'T told them ... and what resulted from this is called a monopole ... a monopole they wanted to keep and which they now fear to lose, since their holy grale has been showed to the public ... their source code.

THat'S all I can say ... and I bet it's the god damn truth!

AdamRav
December 2nd, 2007, 18:39
im sure team M33 would welcome more coders who do what they do.

its got nothing to do with competition except with sony themselves