PDA

View Full Version : Marching Band Drill Writer Ver. 0.1

wraggster
November 30th, 2007, 19:49
News/release from andyauff:

This is a program designed to let you create your own drill sets for marching bands. If you don't know, the drill is the movement of the band on the field. This program allows you to add an "X" wherever you want a band member to be for that set, just the way drill sheets look.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
On the screen is a standard (almost to scale, but not exactly) high school football field. You can see all of the yard lines, with the goal lines being green,
the 50 yard line being blue, and the rest black. there are also hash marks (high school
distances, still).

You simply move the "selector," or square, around the field to where you want the "dot" (coordinates and position for each band member) of the band
member. Press CROSS on the PSP to create an "X" right there! The selector moves at an 8-5 step with each press of the d-pad. For example, if you press the right arrow on the d-pad, the selector will move one step to the right on the screen (towards the "side 2" goal line) at an 8-5 step. The analog stick is, at the moment, sensitive, but it can get you moving around the field faster than an 8-5 step at a time. Moving the analog stick will make the selector move 8 8-5 steps in the respective direction (the distance between two yard lines). The selector will likely move at least 16 8-5 steps because of the sensitivity, but it is useful to get around the field quickly (it will always move at a multiple of 8, though... just sometimes it moves 2 sets of 8 8-5 steps, and so on...).

Up at the top of the PSP's screen is a display telling you where, exactly, the selector is currently on the screen. It tells you how many steps off of the closest yard line you are, and how many steps from the closest hash or side line you are. It also shows you the selector's x and y values (in pixels) on the PSP's screen.

There is also an undo feature, which is a little buggy but should get the job done. Simply press CIRCLE on the PSP to undo the last "X" you added to the screen.

That's just about it, have fun!

CONTROLS:

CROSS (X): Create an instance of "X" on the screen at the current position of the selector.
CIRCLE (O): Undo the last creation of "X" performed.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via andyauff (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-releasemarching-band-drill-writer-ver-01-128800.html)

Sterist
November 30th, 2007, 20:05
i know an instructor who could use this, but a psp is the last thing he'd get for 1 kind of use :rolleyes:

indstr
December 1st, 2007, 01:19
this is incredible! this is the invention i have been waiting for all my life!! now my dreams are fulfilled!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bobtentpeg
December 1st, 2007, 04:39
As a fellow band geek...I salute you :)

andyauff
December 1st, 2007, 15:56
Haha thanks guys.