PDA

View Full Version : Can't find the tutorial I need

DCVPBC
February 10th, 2005, 00:08
I can't remember where I saw one, but I need a non-selfboot tutorial, anyone know where there is one? Thanks.

curt_grymala
February 10th, 2005, 01:50
Um. Here's your tutorial:

Open a burning program.
Burn your files onto a disc.

Voila - you now have a non-selfbooting disc. Of course, you'll need to figure out how to burn a selfbooting boot disc in order to use that disc, now. ;D

DCVPBC
February 10th, 2005, 07:48
So, mode settings, file priority and all that doesn't make a difference? Because the tutorial I saw mentioned both......and what about roms?? Just throw them on there all willy-nilly too?? ;D :P

And where do I get the NesterDC 6.0 plain files for non-selfboot?

I just want to make sure I get this 100% right because if I waste one more cd you'll see me in the news headlines. "Gamer Takes Own Life By Hanging Himself With Sega Dreamcast Controller Cord" ;D

ptr.exe
March 2nd, 2005, 16:03
I dont really understand what you mean...

If you mean you want to make a disc to use in your DC but dont want to use self-boot-inducer then i dont know of a way you can. I think some files come ready to be burnt with nero or discjuggler.

As for nester you can only get it in sbi from sbiffy. Why do you want to burn stuff but not use sbi? sbi is the easiest way to burn stuff.

fackue
March 8th, 2005, 19:20
Make sure the binary is unscambled.

Just curious - why do you want a non-selfbooting CD?

Mental2k
March 11th, 2005, 11:56
Yeah self booting makes everything more easy, you don't need to use a boot disk.