PDA

View Full Version : PSPCAP32: Amstrad CPC Emulator for PSP v1.3.1

zx-81
December 1st, 2007, 09:30
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspcap32-snap-v120.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a MAJOR update of PSPCAP32 the CPC Emulator for PSP.

For those who haven't seen previous versions, Caprice32 is one of
the best emulator of the Amstrad CPC home computer series running
on Windows and Unix, written by Ulrich Doewich.
This emulator faithfully imitates the CPC464, CPC664, and CPC6128 models
(see http://sourceforge.net/projects/caprice32)

What's new in version 1.3.1 :

- Major Speed improvements, it's really fullspeed even using GU rendering !
45 fps at 222Mhz using the fast mode, >50 fps for any mode at 266Mhz.
- Games on disk are now automatically loaded on startup !
- Menu to explore the disk content and possibly load files with Basic RUN" command
- Sound improvements
- Add several news options such as one to display (or not) the border, select disk startup modes etc ...
- Bug fix in the keyboard settings menu
(when the virual keyboard is displayed, then you can still use the
d-pad to select menu items)
- Other bug fix and code cleaning

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

All needed files are ready for download on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

240-185
December 1st, 2007, 10:46
war has been declared XD

240-185
December 1st, 2007, 11:43
After some testings...
Has a much better GUI than uberjack's emulator. The speed limiter allows the Climax demo to be fully enjoyed (although in both emulators, the intro is not displayed due to the version of the renderer).

But...

In "ultra" rendering mode, the speed is too fast, whereas Uberjack's can handle perfectly the speed (The Cebit'94 demo is not displayed correctly in both emulators, in Uberjack's one, it doesn't need to mess with the options of the GUI in order to run it with fullspeed...)

In conclusion, the .DSK explorer is a great idea, but despite all, Uberjack's emulator is a bit better since I know how to write correctly on this on-screen keyboard... Now, it'S GUI vs performance...

zx-81
December 1st, 2007, 11:55
In "ultra" rendering mode, the speed is too fast, whereas Uberjack's can handle perfectly the speed (The Cebit'94 demo is not displayed correctly in both emulators, in Uberjack's one, it doesn't need to mess with the options of the GUI in order to run it with fullspeed...)

You can limit the speed using the speed limiter ... It happens that when you specify let's say a maximum fps of 50, pspcap32 run faster and display 53/54 fps, then just put 48 fps instead in the speed limiter and everything will be ok.

Btw, the goal was to go as fast possible to let the PSP clock speed very low (not to consume too much the battery).

Personnaly i can't enter any text using the uberjack version, and i don't care about the GUI since i spend 99% in the emulator, not in the GUI.

There is no war between I and Uberjack ;), take the version you want (i know mine is better :D:D:D).

ldaneels
December 1st, 2007, 13:58
Awesome !
This keeps getting better & better. Need to try this as soon as I can. Plus I finally received my IR keyboard.
Keep up the great work. Amstrad CPC lives forever !

Loic

zx-81
December 1st, 2007, 14:08
Awesome !
This keeps getting better & better. Need to try this as soon as I can. Plus I finally received my IR keyboard.
Keep up the great work. Amstrad CPC lives forever !

Loic

:thumbup: Using IR keyboard you will be able to enter little basic programs

10 PRINT "THANKS"
20 GOTO 10

ldaneels
December 1st, 2007, 16:47
Nice one, although I do have grander plans for the Keyboard. le Passager du Temps is very tempting right now :)

Loic

Veskgar
December 1st, 2007, 17:44
Thank you zx-81. Very cool update. Appreciated as always.