PDA

View Full Version : a good PSP/GPS290 holder for cars?

kashio
December 1st, 2007, 12:10
I've checked some sites and places like play-asia or ebay, i've found something like the the cobra stand (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bh-77-c-49-zh-15-car-70-1blh-43-7o.html).. but people left comment saying how it dropped their psp 2 times already, or it dosen't even hold the PSP with the GPS 290 on PSP attached!!

Which holder do you guys use on car? which is good with 290 attached or anything else other than glass mount?

please and thanks

fak3
December 1st, 2007, 12:32
http://www.arkon.com/pspmount.php

zerodays
December 1st, 2007, 20:10
to me, those car-holders all seem very dodgy,
I got one of cheap one, and it doesnt matter what/how i do, it always wobbles like a jelly.
This is mostly, because psps are much wider, and the metal arms (even if they are strong and firm) are often too long, etc.
The moment I press one of pad or buttons, I can feel that they are about to fall off.
So I've decided to
1. either get a vent mount
2. gets PSP docking stations/stand and use double sided tape to hold onto the dashboard!. I believe it is then much easier and firm.
The only problem is that, there are no docking stations for slim yet, only the cheap stand.

Nieko
December 1st, 2007, 21:32
I've had the Arkon VG935 for half a year or so now, and I find it rather sturdy. I can view and read the screen just fine at any speed.

The only thing was that I had to mount it upside down, because otherwise the PSP-290 dongle wouldn't fit through the hole :P.

deniska
December 2nd, 2007, 07:31
Arkon vent mount works best for me in my x5 as it can be left in the car permanently without drawing too much attention (suction mounts look weird and just call for intrussion)
Also the location makes it easily readable under different lighting...the only problem is that it gets not much of satellite exposure, siiting near the vent... not so much problem to me - as I use extension cables

aberz
December 2nd, 2007, 08:57
where did you get the vent mount ?

JoQ
December 4th, 2007, 16:45
Also looking for a ventmount, please tell me where to find one!!