PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Asks - Snes a History & Whats the greatest Snes Game Ever ?

wraggster
December 2nd, 2007, 12:28
Hi all this is a new network wide feature of sorts ill be doing for just about every console thats emulated and that we own, in time it can be used as a reference point for people to look at what games are the very best on each system

Firstly heres a look at each system and a description to remind you of the history of the console.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/snesdcemu.JPG

Around 1988 Nintendo was still enjoying the success of it?s NES / Famicom system and didn?t see any need to jump on the 16-bit bandwagon. However the NEC PCengine / Turbografix in Japan, and the Sega Genesis in the US were beginning to dominate the videogame market. Nintendo's jump to 16-bit was no real surprise. Oddly enough Nintendo wanted the original Famicom to be 16-bit, but resources at the time were too expensive to make it happen, but now was the opportunity to take Nintendo to the next level.

The Super Famicom was released in November 1989, and immediately took over 80 percent of the Japanese market. They still had a lot of ground to cover to catch up with the other 16-bit systems. The console itself was quite impressive, and introduced scaling and rotation effects (the famous Mode 7) that could not be duplicated on the other systems.

Nintendo was still slow to release the system overseas. A shortage of supplies, and the fact that the NES was still making money in the US delayed the Super Famicom?s release. The system was finally released in the US on September 1st 1991, and called the SuperNES. The SuperNES was also released in Europe a year later in April 1992.

The SuperNES soon amassed a large library and battled toe to toe with Sega. Their popular character franchises and exclusive games kept them in a heated rivalry. Arcade games played a strong role in the competition. SuperNES got the jump on Sega by releasing the popular arcade title ?Street Fighter 2? with temporary exclusivity. Soon after they lost the edge when they chose to censor another popular arcade fighter ?Mortal Kombat?, which Sega released unedited.

The SuperNES remained popular for the next few years. Sega began introducing game enhancing add-ons such as the Sega CD, and 3D gaming was growing in popularity. Nintendo refused to fall behind the times, and also began working on a CD based add-on. With numerous disagreements with Sony, Phillips, and with production delays, Nintendo scrapped the project. They approached A new developer named Argonaut Software who produced a chip that could be added to game carts. This chip would allow the SuperNES to produce 3D graphics. The SuperFX chip gave the SuperNES new life, and produced popular games such as Star Fox which was released in 1993.

Nintendo continued to use chip enhanced cartridges to maintain the SuperNES?s popularity. Even as 32-bit consoles began to surface, Nintendo continued to surprise gamers. In 1994, Nintendo teamed with a 3rd party developer named RARE. Together both companies produced Donkey Kong Country which used rendered graphics. The game looked as good as first generation 32-bit titles, and kept the SuperNES selling even in a 32-bit generation.

In March 27th of 1998 Nintendo decided to release a scaled down cheaper model Super Famicom in Japan. It was called Super Famicom Jr and retailed for 7,800 Yen. Not only did Nintendo cut the size of the console, but they also cut out the A/V out port and the expansion port. The redesigned model was also released in the US shortly after the debut of Nintendo 64, and called SNES2. Both designs and redesigns of the Super Famicom and SuperNES are shown above.

FACT: Nintendo seemed to get a lot of trouble calls with their NES because gamers had a bad habit of setting drinks on top of it. When they designed the SuperNES, they added rounded edges and raised areas so that you could not set a drink on it. This apparently reduced the amount of troubles called in the United States.

Chip enhanced cartridges kept the SuperNES alive well through the 1990's. Some of the chips included the SuperFX, SuperFX2, DSP1, DSP2, SA-1, C4, SDD1, and lord knows what else.

So now its over to you and we ask whats the greatest Snes Game ever and why? If you cant decide then let us know your favourite 3 ;)

Finally before i cross over to you the info above is from a big friend of DCEmu called DW whos site has expired it seems, hopefully i can get Martin to bring his excellent console history site to DCEmu or at least rehosted.

wraggster
December 2nd, 2007, 12:37
to answer my own question, well its a very hard decision theres just so many excellent games for the Snes, Super Mario Kart ranks very high as does the Super mario Collection and Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country was awesome at that time. On the RPG front Zelda 3 was perfection and the one game that actually made me try a RPG game sadly i cant stand the modern rpg games.

International superstar soccer was also excellent at its time, games like Starfox, Uniracer and Pilotwings were amazing too and luckily i owned a Super Wild Card and was able to try out the many excellent Japanese wrestling games, many that i never understood but loved anyway :)

onetwentyeight
December 2nd, 2007, 12:45
i certainly concur with wraggster about zelda, but as an rpg nut i also enjoyed mario rpg and final fantasy v. ps - can you imagine waiting more than two years for a japanese console to arrive to the west in this day and age? not even china or india are forced to hold their breath that long and they always seem the last to get official support.

lustmord
December 2nd, 2007, 13:10
Normally I lurk, but this time I felt I had to post.

Chronotrigger - best snes game hands down, if you haven't played it you owe it to yourself.
Seiken Densetu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) - best action rpg on snes, multiplayer rpg and numerous endings.
Super Mario Allstars - 5 awesome Mario games in one cart!

Vega
December 2nd, 2007, 13:21
If I was to choose my 3 favourite SNES games =

1. Street Fighter II . The first half decent home release of Street Fighter II had me playing on my SNES until.. well.. Street Fighter II Turbo came along. Definitly deserves to be up in my top 3

2. Super Mario Allstars + World. I was going to mention Super Mario World but why not go for the release which went along with Mario Allstars ? Super Mario World was a great platformer game which used a world map perfectly to navigate around the game. Throw in some cool powerups, mystery exits and levels and, of course, Yoshi.. And you have what I believe is the best Mario experience that Nintendo has ever brought us.

3. Tough one this but I think I'll have to go for Chrono Trigger . The amount of different endings gave it superb replay value... and the story had true depth which was not seen in many SNES RPGs at the time.

So, Street Fighter II - The World Warrior , Mario Allstars + World and Chrono Trigger

Homerun
December 2nd, 2007, 13:28
Super Mario All Stars + World

Duobix
December 2nd, 2007, 13:29
1. KIrby superstar- I'm playing it almost every day since I get it.
2. Star Fox. It's cool to play it even today.
3. Pilotwings. It was really good game. And it was fun.

And last... I would put there star fox 2 if i could, but it wasn't really relased ;)

ekolimits
December 2nd, 2007, 13:38
Well here's my rundown:
1. Megaman X :Why? Its to me the best Megaman game ever! When it came out I played it without an end and it never got old not even now!

2. Street Fighter II : Why? Street fighter was a great fighting game and i enjoyed the friendly competition with my friends. Plus it was a gorgeous game! The graphics looked GREAT!!!
3. Super Mario World: Why? Great concept for a game. I loved the cape and the levels were great. Plus Who doesnt like Mario? :)

Just to comment... I never bear Megaman X or Super Mario World... :( I was too young... But i did beat Street Fighter and I thought that was hard back then!

mnuhaily22
December 2nd, 2007, 13:51
Super Mario All Stars + World, just like Homerun said...

FOL
December 2nd, 2007, 14:08
For me StarFox, Its an awesome game with great graphics and gameplay. Remember bugging my dad for months to buy me a SNES, he finally gave in and on my 16th Birthday, I had 1, bundled with StarFox, :).

HepburnFan
December 2nd, 2007, 14:08
Rank 3: Sunset Riders

It's a shooter like "Turrican" oder the "Contra"-Series in a comic book-like Western Setting. This was one of my first SNES-Games and i still love it!

Rank 2: Shadowrun

I've never played the Pen & Paper RPG, but the Videogame is fantastic. As a child, i never made it to the ending-screen, but on my PSP i played it through twice. And i'm sure i will play it again soon^^

Rank 1: Might and Magic II

My all time-favourite on SNES (yeah, there's an uncensored Version of this game for SEGA-Systems, but the german SNES-Version ist translated : ). It's a real RPG-Monster. On my young days, i played this game for months. And it was one of the first games, i copied to my memory stick, when i got my PSP -it's still there after almost 2 years, and i'm still playing it.

hep

PS: Sorry for my crappy english

rabidchild
December 2nd, 2007, 14:09
Super Metroid hands down.

Stealth Kill
December 2nd, 2007, 14:25
Secret of Evermore
Terranigma
Zelda: 3 A link to the past
Donkey Kong 1-3
Goof Troop
Yoshis Island

izno
December 2nd, 2007, 14:41
Supermariokart !!!

Napalm-Death
December 2nd, 2007, 14:57
Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Metroid

matprogramix
December 2nd, 2007, 15:12
For me
Zelda : a Link to the past,
Super Mario World
and for me still one of best RGP games, Final Fantasy 5

jinqui242
December 2nd, 2007, 15:43
Zelda: Link to the Past. It provided the template for all future Zelda games and had a great combination of story and action.

Runner ups: Final Fantasy III (aka VI), Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid.

zanco
December 2nd, 2007, 16:10
Wow, I feel so nostalgic at the view of those consoles... I think Snes is still the best :) The main reason i bought a psp was because I knew I was going to be able to play those games I used to play during my young afternoon. So here we go

1. Zelda a Link to the Past
2. International Super Star Soccer Delux
3. Killer Instinct

--- I do want to mention those though --
4. Yoshi Island
5. Chrono Trigger
5. Contract (I think)

I still play those on my psp :)

Budel
December 2nd, 2007, 16:31
Super Street Fighter 2
Donkey Kong Country (don't know which one, I played it at my friends home)
Super Mario World

Balthasar00
December 2nd, 2007, 16:37
FF V & VI.. unforgettable

Gold Line
December 2nd, 2007, 16:41
1. Secret of Mana

2. Zelda a Link To The Past

3. Super Mario World

You can't call yourself a gamer if you've never played these 3 games

SSaxdude
December 2nd, 2007, 16:44
Super Mario All-Stars + World, but mainly just Super Mario World. Super Mario World 2 would be my second favorite.

hack.fool
December 2nd, 2007, 17:01
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Yoshi's Island
3. Super Mario Kart (n_n)

but there's a lot of great jap titles too, as Seiken Densetsu 3 or the amazing Go Go Ackman (n_n")

scarph
December 2nd, 2007, 17:28
Uniracers, nuff said.

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
December 2nd, 2007, 17:37
Super Nes had great games but for me it was Street Fighter 2 which got me hooked on gaming!

Other classics i loved were Super Mario kart,Starwing/fox and Super Mario World(The only platformer i ever liked)

matt2k
December 2nd, 2007, 17:37
Super Castlevania IV - Great graphics. Some of the best music ever done on the SNES...and you can whip in multiple directions.

Contra 3 - Full of action, action movie like soundtrack and all around "oh my god" bosses that keep coming and coming.

Axelay - One hell of a shmup. Mode 7 galore. Horizontal and Virtical stages. Pumped up music.

I just realized that these are all Konami games.
They were great back then. They shouldn't have changed their logo. :p

honorable mentions
Super Metroid
Super Turrican
Space Megaforce

sorry, don't like RPGs

masamune
December 2nd, 2007, 17:39
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars!!

I cannot believe none of you said that one... best snes game ever?.. Think about it, duh. lol :)

scarph
December 2nd, 2007, 17:40
uniracers uniracers uniracers

seperioth
December 2nd, 2007, 17:57
1 FF3 (Tied)
1 Chrono Trigger (Tied)
3 Super Mario RPG
4 Link to the past

repuken2
December 2nd, 2007, 18:02
Although they're no more Snes exclusives because of GBA "remakes" this games have a special place in my heart.

1.- Super Ghouls n' Ghosts, the best of the series in my opinion en the 3rd best game of all times.I bought the machine back in '93 cause of this game.

2.- Super Mario World.
3.- Super Mario All Stars

Super Double Dragon and Super Castlevania IV are still exclusives of this console.

The best gaming device ever, still hasn't been beaten by any other console. The 2D golden age of gaming at it's best.

*** OF COURSE : ***
Street Fighter 2 in all it's flavours is the best game in the history of VG
Final Fight it's the second. FF2 and FF3 are also exclusives of this console.

mike_jmg
December 2nd, 2007, 18:27
God, there's too many good games, and just to make the best down to three is very hard but I'll try to

Ok, I have two brothers and my friends always where at my house playing, take that in mind so:

1.- Street Fighter Alpha 2 for snes (a lot of people tell me that this game is very rare, that they didn't know that this existed)

2.- Tetris attack, always beating the crap of everyone who stood for the challenge (actually I've been playing it more on emulators than on my snes console :p)

3.- Biker mice from mars, another rare to find game, it was from a friend and I was always borrowing it haha

the other ones that deserve a good place too: Mortal Kombat II, Killer instinct, Zelda a link to the past, Fzero, Megaman X, X2 and X3, Dragon ball Z3, Street Fighter II, Super Mario World and Super Mario RPG

rikuumkthx
December 2nd, 2007, 18:32
There is too many games to list!!

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Super Metroid
3. Super Mario Kart
4. Final Fantasy 2 (FF4)
5. Legend of Zelda

The list goes on forever. Still my favorite system of all time. I play mine more than anything else.

shango46
December 2nd, 2007, 18:34
For me I would have to say my top 3 for the SNES are:

1. E.V.O: Search For Eden

2. Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars

3. Final Fantasy III / VI

But there are many honorable mentions:

Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Donkey Kong Country, Uniracers, Legend Of Zelda, Sim City, Final Fantasy II / IV, Chrono Trigger, MegaMan 7, Super Metroid, etc...

The list could go on for awhile as the SNES had some of the best games which is why they dominated the video game war against SEGA. If they had only released the SNES CD(or SNES Playstation) like they were originally going to, there could have been a whole new library of games that could have easily held nintendo over without ever having to have released the N64. But instead they let Sony keep it and the Playstation kicked there a**.

kojiro7
December 2nd, 2007, 18:38
My favorite SNES games:

1.Terranigma(Enix)
2.Super Castlevania 4(Konami)
3.Super Mario All Stars(Nintendo)

Others include Chrono trigger,Donkey kong country 1,Super turrican 2,Legend of Zelda,Street fighter 2,Ultimate fighter(Hiryu No Ken)

maxipower90
December 2nd, 2007, 18:38
Super Metroid hands down.

hell yea

YourStillWithMe
December 2nd, 2007, 18:48
this is one of the hardest things to answer EVER

i love- - -

Star Fox-HUGE breakthru in gaming
Super Mario World-Duh!
Link to the past-one of the best zeldas EVER
Killer Instinct-Amazing
Mortal Kombat II-I STILL play that game
Donkey Kong Country-HUGGEEE breakthru
Power Rangers-Classic
Mario Kart-MONEY
F Zero-G R E A T
Superscope-sooooo good

I'd have to say Mortal Kombat II

It was one of the biggest breakthrus in terms of what the market was used to at the time. It was a game of disgusting violence that just was not expected at that time. When GTA III came out we were READY for it but the early 90's was a time when people were less violent and did not expect such a violent title. The characters werent dumb with 29421 hit combos like the later fighting games, but required advanced comboing to be effective..although they were not perfectly clear. MK II sparks memory lane for me.

devdj
December 2nd, 2007, 19:06
For me my number 1 snes game it has to be Breath of fire 2 it beats all other rpgs any day of the week for my second favourite snes game it has to be Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension it's way better any of the street fighter games because of the graphics gameplay and the desperation finisher's

booradley1212
December 2nd, 2007, 19:09
Zelda: A Link to the Past - the best RPG ever made...and the most fun! The first and only game I had to buy a guide to complete

Out of This World - at the time i completely blew me away with its cinematic approach to gaming...if you've never completed this game I highly recommend it.

Starfox - for a Starwars fan like me, this game was a dream come true. After completing it I can remember going back and finding all the secret crap, like the giant slot machine <- totally bizarre!

Secret of Mana - Not the best RPG ever made, but the 2-3 player co-op option gave my girlfriend something to do!

Super Punchout! - pure fun...plain and simple.

Donkey Kong Country - another game that blew me away with its rendered graphics and great control.

Best game for the SNES: Super Metroid - hands down, this game was like crack for me. When it was over I felt withdrawl...by the end of this game you could literally do anything and go anywhere. Zelda was great for its size and length of time it took to complete, but this game will always hold a special place in my heart. The controls were amazing!

I LOVED THE SNES!!! The fact that I can play these games on the xbox or psp and save anywhere, anytime is so damn cool...if you told me these things would happen back when I had my snes I think I would have died from the shock!

THE N64 IS MY FAvorite system of all time, but this is a close 2nd (followed by a modded xbox...though the psp is creeping up!)

ab_geee_eee
December 2nd, 2007, 19:20
Two of my favourites:
Final Fantasy VI
Seiken Densetsu 3

johnnara
December 2nd, 2007, 20:26
Here are my three favorites
Super Castlevania (and Vampire's Kiss)
Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kong Country
:)

JKKDARK
December 2nd, 2007, 20:39
Chrono Trigger

jamotto
December 2nd, 2007, 20:46
Aero Fighters
Super Castlevania 4
Choplifter 3
Metal Marines
P.T.O. 2
Rampart
Space Megaforce
The Firemen
TMNT 4
Cybernator

lightningquickguy14
December 2nd, 2007, 21:11
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars!!

I cannot believe none of you said that one... best snes game ever?.. Think about it, duh. lol :)

Thank you! I loved that game. Well, not "loved", but still "love", as in the present tense...

Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World and Link to the Past still rock too.

Paiku
December 2nd, 2007, 21:59
Noone said Tales of Phantasia.
I was and still is in love with that game, I think it's the game that's inspired me most when creating 2d gfx.

Nashxyzz
December 2nd, 2007, 22:44
These were the ones that stood out the most in my mind out of the ones I owned and didn't have for other systems at the time (nes/genesis/pc):

7th saga
Arcana
Branish
ff3 (us ff6) + mystic quest
both lufia's
Megaman x thru x3
clock tower
secret of mana
vortex
cyber spin
aerobiz supersonic
The King of Dragons
dbz Hyper Dimension
gundam wing: endless waltz

andwhyisit
December 2nd, 2007, 23:29
Star Ocean
Illusion of Time
Breath of Fire
Super Metroid

aTomIC
December 3rd, 2007, 01:30
Ahh memories, Wraggster you made my day :)

I played,buied and (of course) i play on my SNES, today. I love Super Mario World 1, Super Mario Kart, The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past, Streetfighter 2 Turbo, Secret of Mana, The Donkey Kong Country series, Sim City, Pierre le Chef is Out to Lunch and my Super Gameboy ;)

Joe88
December 3rd, 2007, 03:32
I would only have 2,
I never owned a SNES, only a NES then bought these older SNES games when they were re released on the GBA and they were pretty epic.

1) Zelda : Link to the Past
2) Super Mario World

HexenDarkside
December 3rd, 2007, 03:47
The best games are as follows
1. Super Mario RPG
2. Yoshi's Island
3. Donkey Kong Country 2

I wish I had room for Chrono Trigger, A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Kirby's Superstar, and Kirby 3.

Dull Blade
December 3rd, 2007, 03:52
Tough choice, there are soo many, but I'd have to say FF3 is way up there along with DKC and Mario kart. If I had to narrow it down those ar my top...

idapimp
December 3rd, 2007, 05:30
1. super mario kart - ive wasted more hours on that game than any game in history.
2. megaman x - the beginning of an awesome series.
3. final fantasy 3 - as good as rpg's get.

OV3RFiEND
December 3rd, 2007, 10:00
1. Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2)
2. Treasure of the Rudras
3. Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Mystic Quest Legend
6. Mega Man X

kichigai
December 3rd, 2007, 10:31
1. Megaman X3
2. Super Mario World
3. Metal Warriors

Does it show that I like side-scrollers?

groovemaster303
December 3rd, 2007, 11:22
1. Super Mario World

2. Donkey Kong Country

3. Super Mario Kart

4. Super Metroid

5. Zelda Link To The Past

Top quality games which i think no snes owner could ever do without.

geise69
December 3rd, 2007, 12:39
1. Actraiser
2. Contra 3
3. TMNT 4 Turtles In Time

God these lists are hard! Others I want to add to my top 3 would've been
Axelay
Space Megaforce
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
Super Turrican
Super Castlevania 4
Street Fighter II

markyctrigger
December 3rd, 2007, 18:07
1 - chrono trigger
2 - zelda a link to the past
3 - ultimate mortal kombat

Kyros
December 3rd, 2007, 19:39
The Super Nintendo was the king of classic games, it was my 1st console and oh did I play the hell out of it. No matter how great next generation games look they still lack the feeling I get when playing those SNES classics on my PSP...who knows maybe years from now I'll feel that way about my 360 when it's time is up but I've yet to play and beat a game so many times and it still doesn't get old...Like I did and still do with the best game ever created for the SNES..."The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past"

Honorable Mentions: Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean

JD/
December 4th, 2007, 00:08
Finally someone said star ocean that was one of the best snes games along with chrono trigger and tales of phantasia

tsimehC
December 4th, 2007, 01:12
Well in the EU region, I'd say Super Mario World for sure.

In the US, I'd say Chrono Trigger.

Earthbound was one of the very last games I played and play to this day.

andwhyisit
December 4th, 2007, 01:19
Finally someone said star ocean that was one of the best snes games along with chrono trigger and tales of phantasia
Star ocean was on my list on page 5, Kyros wasn't the first to list it

Star Ocean
Illusion of Time
Breath of Fire
Super Metroid
I shortened my list down to 4 since my list is looooong.

NyghtcrawleR
December 4th, 2007, 01:34
Super Mario Kart Hands Down.

And this is the best snes right here:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h66/NyghtcrawleR/Misc/SuperNintendo.jpg

mavsman4457
December 4th, 2007, 01:39
Oh man this is just the thread that I needed. I have been thinking so much about PS3 games to get and how bad PES 2008 glitches and AI are but I know I need to play some old school madden and fifa. And now that someone pointed out that International Superstar Soccer is a good game, which if I'm not mistaken is PES's grandpa, I am definitely going to jump on it and compare it to the Fifa of old.

Eyedunno
December 5th, 2007, 12:30
The SNES is my favorite system, so I'm gonna post a Top 10. I own originals of all these carts (aside from Lost Vikings, Mother 2, and FFIV, of which I own only the GBA versions, which, with the exception of FFIV, are mostly identical anyway). Go me. :)

1. Street Fighter II - The killer app for the SNES, and still fun today.
2. Seiken Densetsu 2 / Secret of Mana - Also still fun. I've played through the U.S. and Japanese versions around three times each.
3. Star Fox - The best shooter on the SNES. Also has among the best music (along with the Final Fantasy games).
4. Mother 2 / Earthbound - A twist on the traditional turn-based RPG, with a cool world map and neat characters.
5. Final Fantasy IV / II - I chose this because I've still never finished VI (though I'll get around to it one of these days ;) ) and because it's my first RPG (rented it as a kid). I can't wait for the DS port.
6. Street Fighter Zero 2 / Alpha 2 - This is my favorite Street Fighter game, and if it weren't for nostalgia for SFII and the fact that the SNES version of this has annoying loading pauses, this would be #1. Still a good game in spite of loadtimes though.
7. Benkei Gaiden - Suna no Shou - Another great SFC RPG. I like it because of its great graphics and how it uses a Japanese-style fantasy motif rather than a European-style fantasy motif.
8. Umihara Kawase - I actually bought this from an auction site fairly recently. It's hard as hell, but it has the coolest physics engine of any 16-bit sprite-based platformer.
9. The Lost Vikings - Wonderful twist on platformers and puzzlers.
10. Super Mario Collection / All-Stars - Mario! On SNES/SFC! What more must I say?

Honorable mentions - Clock Tower (spooky!), Clay Fighter (awesome, huge character sprites and theme music with lyrics!)
Dishonorable mention - Donkey Kong Country (mediocre platform game + good graphics = huge sales)

zeekpunk
December 5th, 2007, 17:58
Zelda lttp
chrono trigger
street fighter 2
rock n roll racing
megaman x
pilotwings
and blackthorne!

Baboon
December 9th, 2007, 14:46
Street Fighter 2
Mario All Stars
Mario Kart
NBA Jam TE
Bomberman 94
Super Star wars (infact the whole trilogy)
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
Demon's Quest

Dark Scion
December 9th, 2007, 23:12
Chrono Trigger is hands down imo best snes game. Great graphics+storyline+characters= kick a game.

Mr. Shizzy
January 6th, 2008, 21:35
-Super Mario All Stars + World if I had to just pick one

Honorable mentions: (in no particular order)

- Super Punch Out!
- Donkey Kong Country Series
- Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past
- Mario Kart
- Killer Instinct
- Star Fox
- Street Fighter II
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat III
- Tecmo Super Bowl III Final Edition
- NBA Jam: TE

too many more to name...
SNES was one of the greatest consoles of all time ! :D

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 04:17
Super Mario World
Breath of Fire 1 + 2
Mystic Quest
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

yoshimansxl
March 9th, 2008, 21:10
super Mario Allstars+Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Earthbound
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Kirby Super Star

alanparker05
March 10th, 2008, 00:15
it has to be street fighter 2 it's just one of those games that never ages for me there's never been another fight game that can match the feel and satisfaction you get while playing and it's the only game i've regularly played since my first go on the snes

rommy667
April 21st, 2008, 03:40
super mario kart for sure in fact id say its the best game EVER on any system............

gumgod
November 1st, 2008, 17:14
#1 game for SNES = Super Metroid

Not only were the graphics great but the game play was awesome and the controls were completely customizable. I used to keep two saves all the time, my best time, and my highest completion. The third save spot I would use to make new games and try to beat my current best time. I must have beaten that game 100 times.

honorable mention: Secret of Mana

goodgirl
December 27th, 2008, 08:46
Now that is a lot of brass air fittings

http://www.liangdianup.com/subpages/airfitting_1.htm there is just about every

type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be

used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.

IndianCheese
January 20th, 2009, 21:25
Kirby Super Star!

heaths
July 9th, 2009, 11:06
Thanks for your posts. They are really very cool, very wonderful:rofl:
simulationcredit (http://simulationcredit1.com)

psyfirefly
March 8th, 2010, 13:56
Mario All Stars
Mario Kart
Street Fighter 2