PDA

View Full Version : Games That Need The Update (1.51 or 1.52)

YourStillWithMe
July 21st, 2005, 22:23
I know there are games being made or games out there that require an update, as of now do you guys know any specific games that require the update? If you do, please post a game that you have encoutered that does. :) I'm sure it will benefit us as a whole and our 1.50 users!

Velo
July 22nd, 2005, 07:35
I'm sure about all the games that aren't out yet already have the installer planned to be in em'.

-James

JcBoyCool
July 23rd, 2005, 00:17
All the games that make you update (that I know of) only make you update to 1.50.

Kaiser
July 23rd, 2005, 02:20
The games would be supplied with only important large updates such as the upcoming 2.00. As of now we know very little about which games will force an update or even if any will.

Shiaoran
July 23rd, 2005, 03:39
I'm sure that Sony will put the 2.0 updater in every game, they don't want us to use homebrew or emulators...

homebrew neither emulators are illegal, I dunno wtf Sony is thinking...
if the homebrew is free it's legal
the emulator itself is legal
if you have the original game the rom/iso is legal...

Cap'n 1time
July 23rd, 2005, 04:01
I'm sure that Sony will put the 2.0 updater in every game, they don't want us to use homebrew or emulators...

homebrew neither emulators are illegal, I dunno wtf Sony is thinking...
if the homebrew is free it's legal
the emulator itself is legal

I dont think its so much homebrew and emulation as it is Warez groups like WAB and their loaders... There is always one group of people that have to go and ruin it for everyone else.. I am very disapointed in TeamXecuter also at the moment. :(

Shiaoran
July 23rd, 2005, 04:11
what exactly are those loaders?

YourStillWithMe
July 23rd, 2005, 05:30
Sony is probably giving us the updates to stop homebrew.
Shiaoran-You bring up a VERY GOOD POINT! I have over 200 NES roms planned to be runned on my future 1.50 PSP and i own EVERY ONE of those games. And people download illegal movies off the internet and play them as mp4's on there psp (ME!) so what is Sony going to do about that?? But in reality, maybe Sony is failing to know were doing this hacking and just wants us to be updated with cool new stuff and not even notice it blocks out running certain software. . . not all the info is exactly given to us. For all we know Sony could support what we do. (probably not though haha)

Shiaoran
July 23rd, 2005, 09:31
not surprized, last time i counted i had over 400 PSX games ^^

I think that downloading a movie that you own the dvd/vhs that was or will not be released in UMD is cool too...

with that action Sony disencourage the homebrew and encourage the hacking
people won't be able to run their home made, legal, free games
hackers will try to hack the new system so they can run their ilegal files from their download site that gives people spy and adware
crackers and developers will hack to run legal files

but please, tell me what is a loader :P

*thinking*-I hope someone manage to break throught 2.0 soon...

Cap'n 1time
July 23rd, 2005, 14:45
but please, tell me what is a loader :P

*thinking*-I hope someone manage to break throught 2.0 soon...

Probably exactly what you think it is... A loader allows you to run a uncompressed PSP game from inside the memory stick. Discussion of it isnt really encouraged here :(

Shiaoran
July 23rd, 2005, 17:52
ah, so it loads the ISO of the ripped UMD that's sored in a VERY EXPENSIVE memory card duo :P

I'd rather pay for the actual UMDs than pay for a memory card duo that costs thrice the price of the PSP itself :P

Game: $39 [P]
PSP: $280 [P]
2GB Memory Card Duo: $740 [S]

(the prices are the ones I've seen in stores close to me[S] / I paid for in another purchase[P])

JcBoyCool
July 23rd, 2005, 22:00
ah, so it loads the ISO of the ripped UMD that's sored in a VERY EXPENSIVE memory card duo :P

I'd rather pay for the actual UMDs than pay for a memory card duo that costs thrice the price of the PSP itself :P

Game: $39 [P]
PSP: $280 [P]
2GB Memory Card Duo: $740 [S]

(the prices are the ones I've seen in stores close to me[S] / I paid for in another purchase[P])
2gb is no where near $740. You can grab them online for $400 or less. Still it is way to expensive. But you can allways just take a game off the card and put a new one on. After you play enough games it will have payed for itself in no time.

Shiaoran
July 24th, 2005, 06:42
well, the price is what I would pay for the shipping and then to get it in the mail agency :P

rombic
July 24th, 2005, 08:08
I dont think its so much homebrew and emulation as it is Warez groups like WAB and their loaders... There is always one group of people that have to go and ruin it for everyone else.. I am very disapointed in TeamXecuter also at the moment. :(

Loaders are the only thing between me losing my 1.0 psp or playing new games like Coded Arms that require the update.

don't hate the player , hate the game? :-)

Anyway , I am also against warez , but I can't stand Sony not letting us to use emulators and homebrew.

I am so happy I have a GP32 ...

Update: Bought another PSP 1.5 , and solved the problem until they start checking for 1.5x or 2.0 firmware.
Playing star soldier right now ! It rocks ! ! ! ! :)

Viperguy212
July 27th, 2005, 22:48

u said it perfect, ROMs that are found online are susposd to be only used as back up files for if u own the game, now ill be honest, i dont own all 30 games if the 30 roms on my psp, i may own 1 if even, and i kno there are alot of other ppl world wide doing the same thing as me, so i can understand why sony is doing this, im going to update to 2.0 when it comes out, then just wait for it to be hacked

Takean
July 30th, 2005, 03:36
I actually think Sony wants the system to be hacked...as well as homebrew run on it. But having to stand in a legal stance...don't want to give that image. I'm sure as far as the warez are concerned...they are definatly against it. But think about it. So far, this system seems to be the best (IMHO) handheld emulation machine. (GP32 is nice as well). With so many consumers enjoying retro gaming these days...that would only boost sales for the PSP. But because in everything, legal issues begin to raise their ugly hands up...they have to halt it to a degree. I think deep down, all the homebrew and stuff helps them, as well as other companies see what the psp system can do...without paying for the labor and equipment. It helps them see what a monster their PSP can become..all the while they claim to be against homebrew. I think...one way or the other..2.00 will be cracked eventually to allow homebrew..or a mod chip made available. its not impossible, just like the 1.50 version wasn't impossible. It just takes time and individuals willing to take up a good challenge. Either way, I think deep down, Sony wants that to happen. Flame me all you want, but its what I think. They want to look like the nice guys, all the while leaving bread crumbs behind them. It really helps them in the long run anyway...including in sales.

YourStillWithMe
August 1st, 2005, 04:35
Takean-I WOULD'VE agreed with you because of the way 1.51 and 1.52 works but have you operated 2.0 yet??? you can't even open the homebrew apps! it immediatly says "Corrupted Data." I dont know whether to agree with you or completely disagree with you because you do make some strong points in your arguement whether some of us agree with me or not.

WSOUNitePirate895
August 1st, 2005, 06:32
Ken Kutaragi- "I want ALL YOUR MONEY" "How you Like that Hackers, FEAR MY FIRMWARES"

I hate the guy....making us do his bedding to play games...

Valiant
August 1st, 2005, 17:28
So um...any games that actually autoupgrade? (I heard coded arms does T-T)

Grim Reaper
August 1st, 2005, 23:36
the only game that i know that has an update is Dead to Rights: Reckoning. it has v1.50 on it.

aseddon130
August 4th, 2005, 02:01
i reckon the bext batch of PSP games to be released will install the 2.0 firmware - hopefully there will be a program made that will bypass this so we can keep homebrew ... if not, then i think i'll just invest in a new PSP ...

CallMeSuesin
August 4th, 2005, 08:15
I just picked up Rockman Dash this morning it has you upgrade to 1.52

Jdemon
August 5th, 2005, 19:36
aseddon130 - I think your link is bustacated :confused: "(none) 69.182.108.116 /konsolefreakz/index.php www.delmonty.co.uk Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) 404 "

I really hate that sony is doing this crap :( so far at least I haven't gotten any games that need to upgrade past 1.5 but obviously they are on the way. I just hope the hackers keep finding ways around them cause I'd rather not have to sink another $250 even though it would be worth it to me to keep the homebrew.

What really sucks is that this may eventually crush the homebrew/emu scene for PSP :(

YourStillWithMe
August 12th, 2005, 22:57
Thank You Call Me Suesin! what we WILL need to know and i think a lot of people want to know is Grand Theft Auto! (I also would like to hear on Madden 06 and NBA Live 06. . .) Thank you ALL! PS-Go check out Madden 06 on Xbox its fun but if you go through a career and play it all the time like everyday its not good for you ;-) but its fun to play with friends and im sure it will kick A on PSP because its the first football game and EA doesnt screw around and ESPECIALLY with madden please post if you find further games with required updates!

parabolee
August 13th, 2005, 04:23
Luckily there is a program that bypasses the update, also Rockman has been cracked and released to run fine without updating from 1.00 or 1.50.

Hate to say it but if any game I want forces me to update then I won't be buying it, if you get what i'm saying.

Oh and YourStillWithMe, nice avatar and Quote. Are you a fan of Bill Hicks too? That man is my hero.