PDA

View Full Version : PS3 May Be THE FIRST *NOT TO GET HACKED*

porchemasi
December 3rd, 2007, 14:25
Its been over a year and the system has yet been hacked/modded/altered to run any homebrew or backups! I think this is simply a first!

Wii hacked within a month, X360 afew months, PS3 1 YR and COUNTING!

Common folks! Were is the DAX and Noobz for the PS3??

If it cant be hacked... then lets focus on pure homebrew via Linux! I mean a full retro remake of every emulator to take advantage of the PS3 SPU would be sweet!

We can pwn VC with the PS3 XD

:thumbup:

Cloudhunter
December 3rd, 2007, 14:34
Its been over a year and the system has yet been hacked/modded/altered to run any homebrew or backups! I think this is simply a first!

Wii hacked within a month, X360 afew months, PS3 1 YR and COUNTING!

Common folks! Were is the DAX and Noobz for the PS3??

If it cant be hacked... then lets focus on pure homebrew via Linux! I mean a full retro remake of every emulator to take advantage of the PS3 SPU would be sweet!

We can pwn VC with the PS3 XD

:thumbup:

It really depends on what you mean by hacked. There is work on getting hardware accelerated 3D for PS3 Linux/Homebrew on the ps2dev forums.

Cloudy

Shadowblind
December 3rd, 2007, 16:52
Acting almost as if this is something to be proud of.

The only reason no ones hacked it yet is because Sony is OCD about sueing people.

DPyro
December 3rd, 2007, 17:32
Thats a lie. You can already play PS2 backups using the swap magic hack. Their also working on various browser, otheros and linux hacks.

Shrygue
December 3rd, 2007, 21:56
I haven't heard of any successful kernel access exploits within the XMB though, as far as I know...

JKKDARK
December 3rd, 2007, 22:14
Maybe, but it's not good for DCEmu because it's mainly a homebrew site

DPyro
December 3rd, 2007, 22:33
Almost forgot, theres a firmware hack that allows you to downgrade.

SSaxdude
December 3rd, 2007, 23:15
Thats a lie. You can already play PS2 backups using the swap magic hack.

I'm pretty sure you need an older firmware to use Swap Magic with the PS3 and take the PS3 apart.

jonezybaby
December 4th, 2007, 11:53
you dont need to take the PS3 apart and last i heard it ran anything upto 1.90FW, dunno if its been tried since or not? and yes there was a hack but ya needed a PC to do it, and it downgraded 1.60 to 1.50FW's

porchemasi
December 10th, 2007, 05:58
As in "hacked" i mean making the machine do something its not designed to do, such as play backups or homebrew (like running of unauth code)

I mean ps2 backups that can be confirmed by like 10 ppl in the world?

Regardless i think the future is through Linux and its only a matter of time till programers/hackers actually BUY a PS3!

ZX81 IM STILL ROOTING FOR YOU! Im gonna PM you in another 6 months just like your nagging dentist, to c if you baught a PS3 :thumbup:

rippedwarrior
February 15th, 2008, 00:25
You should hack ps3 like the psp. Try to put irshell or somethine in that nature. Or get ps3 to run xbox games. That would be a sweet hack. And not through Linux.

jeegee
March 11th, 2008, 14:34
You should hack ps3 like the psp. Try to put irshell or somethine in that nature. Or get ps3 to run xbox games. That would be a sweet hack. And not through Linux.

Why not try it yourself? :rolleyes:

acn010
March 11th, 2008, 15:46
no, not linux... i want the full OS to be hacked... linux wont hit it... neither do i... so yeah i prefer the os to be hacked so in nature we can enjoy playing what ever we like to put in it

NoQuarter
March 11th, 2008, 16:22
for people looking to play backups of ps3 games,I don't really see that happening too much because of the sheer size of the game data.Even with the pad data removed...
maybe we'll see some homebrew but right now I don't think there is much incentive to hack the sony os.Just letting people install linux effectively diffused alot of urges to hack it.The psp is a much more fertile enviroment for homebrew at the moment.I would like to see more PS3 linux development for an increase in performance.
I think the Wii will have quite a homebrew scene though.Just trying to get into 360 homebrew was kinda pointless as well,at least for me.

acn010
March 11th, 2008, 16:27
well. ps3 as for me, the ps3 can be use as a full multimedia, pure high definition system.... and playing backis possible no matter what size it is.... besides... there available blueray burners in the market so backups is pretty much in its way to pirating

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 14:02
I think Sony has done a great job locking down the system. I've not yet seen any conclusive proof of a working exploit on a retail system.

As for the original post - The PS3 is the first not to get hacked :)

Cloudy

Zin0099
March 22nd, 2008, 08:58
i personally think when ps3 is over and done i would hack cause i already have psn software and possibly will lose that
but hey having a hacked ps3 on the linux side is great
or the other way around

iamthedamned
April 21st, 2008, 22:46
Just hold in there it will get hack, remember the wonderful GameCube took forever to hack.

It will be hacked as soon as Blu-Ray burners become affordable.

danz007
December 27th, 2008, 19:53
Well sony have done a pretty damn major improvement since the psp's since that was easily hacked too many times
i think after some time the ps3 will be hacked and used to run homebrew etc

Eviltaco64
December 27th, 2008, 22:12
I think it will eventually get hacked (within a year or two). I've heard that a few people are interested in devving for it.

PS3 (or 360) may eventually run the Wii for all we know. It depends on how much support it gets.

P.S. - Don't bump old topics.

acn010
December 28th, 2008, 10:31
and since when oour mod???? lmao!!! im so lost here @.@