PDA

View Full Version : Divineo Take On Nintendo

wraggster
December 3rd, 2007, 20:35
Well an extremely curious move by Divineo/Supreme Factory who were indeed raided by Nintendo/Hong kong Police and had countless modchips/flash carts and Money took off them, they have today fired one back at Nintendo, heres the press release:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/divineo-take-on-nintendo-80969.html

Supreme Factory Limited Announcement: Nintendo Ordered by the Hong Kong High
Court to Remove Press Release from Its Website

HONG KONG, Dec. 3 /Xinhua-PRNewswire/ -- On 22 October 2007, Nintendo of America Inc ("Nintendo") issued a press release, which was wrong insofar as it may have suggested that a final, substantive judgment on intellectual property right infringement has been handed down by the Court against Supreme Factory Limited ("Supreme"), on its website www.nintendo.com and publicised it to popular gaming sites. In the proceedings before the High Court Supreme seeks to overturn the pre-trial injunctions and will vigorously oppose the Nintendo's claims that they have infringed its intellectual property rights. Supreme has already managed to obtain an order from the High Court to unfreeze a significant amount of money to allow Supreme to meet its ordinary and proper business expenses in respect of product which is not the subject of the proceedings. The Press Release was correct insofar as it reported that the Hong Kong High Court had granted certain pre-trial injunctive relief, allowing Nintendo representatives to search the premises of Supreme in Hong Kong. The search
was for items which Nintendo alleges breach its intellectual property rights in the Nintendo DS and Wii systems. The Court also ordered that certain of Supreme's assets be frozen. On 2 November 2007 the Hong Kong High Court ordered Nintendo to remove the Press Release from its website. In issuing the Press Release Nintendo had breached an implied undertaking not to use information and/or documentation obtained as a result of a search order carried out on Supreme's premises except for the purposes of the proceeding. On 19 November 2007, the High Court further ordered Nintendo to disclose to Supreme the names and contact details of all persons or organisations to whom Nintendo (or anyone acting on its behalf and/or anyone under its control) has provided the Press Release.

The Flash Cart and Modchip Maker Take on Nintendo

Sonicboy 101
December 3rd, 2007, 20:38
Heh heh - Who will win?

stevo11185
December 3rd, 2007, 21:35
Heh heh - Who will win?

Nintendo already broke rules so i bet on Divineo

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
December 3rd, 2007, 23:06
Hope this is not going to end up like Lik-Sang

PSmonkey
December 4th, 2007, 01:31
Opps. Nintendo royaly botched that one up. It could in the end cost them the case.

:rofl:

Hope this is not going to end up like Lik-Sang

Lik-Sang closed on it's own regards and not over the law issues it was having with sony. Sure they were a factor but lik-sang would have been able to come to an agreement or sustain it self. They just found closing down to be an easy way out.

Lik-sang also has a long history of problems with not just sony but also microsoft & nintendo.

kcajblue
December 4th, 2007, 03:04
nintendo is cool and all.
but this whole divineo thing is pretty stupid.

i say divineo is gonna win.

Psyberjock
December 4th, 2007, 07:40
I agree that Nintendo may have just cost themselves the lawsuit. They must have felt pretty sure of themselves to release information obtained through search warrants.

This may end up like the OJ Simpson case and the LAPD. The LAPD botched up a lot of things and now the police system has been drastically overhauled.

If Nintendo does lose the lawsuit due to this mistake, it may only result in even more difficult hurdles for Divineo in the future as companies clean up their acts to make these lawsuits stick.

I still want Divineo to triumph, since I believe that the console is mine to do as I wish as soon as the cash hits the register, but I hope that it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

Bane King
December 4th, 2007, 07:46
This is a first for me.
A Mod-Chip company retaliating back at Nintendo.
I hope they sue the crap out of Nintendo and gain more than what was taken away.

....suckers!

paul3100
December 4th, 2007, 13:16
i have to agree wit hall comments. let nintendo be the loosers for once! they can afford it

paul

grantlionheart
December 4th, 2007, 14:30
Divineo have a 90% chance of winning this case just because nintendo stuffed up.
No matter what happens divineo still have that case.
And its not like there trying to defend there buisness they are just tryng to have the light shifted on nintendo for breaking the terms.

sappo
December 4th, 2007, 21:37
DIVINEO SUX, they're thieves. Go Nintendo!

watupgroupie
December 4th, 2007, 23:21
DIVINEO SUX, they're thieves. Go Nintendo!
Shutup. They are not thieves. Learn to get your facts straight. If your wondering they sell a hell lot more than just modchips to so read things up before you waste people's time with rubbish.

downloaddownload
December 5th, 2007, 05:43
Sappo is one of those gay retarded nintendofans. Nintendo could release a system that rear ends you in the butt as you get hit with a turtle shell in mariokart and they'd still love it. They'd worship it even if it looked like a sack of balls

John Vattic
December 5th, 2007, 07:54
They'd worship it even if it looked like a sack of balls

http://forums.pspcrazy.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5318&d=1179950950

^wiimote and balls-sack