PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band nets Metallica

Shrygue
December 4th, 2007, 19:22
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=88718)

Ageing rock lords Metallica will consider airing their new single as a downloadable track for Rock Band.

According to MTV Entertainment boss Paul DeGooyer the group has already signed the dotted line for Rock Band involvement, and the single might be a particular coup, although there is no indication of name, date or cost. If it does happen, it should fall in line with current individual song pricing of USD 1.99.

"There are a couple of things we've committed to, one of them with Metallica for example," DeGooyer told Rocky Mountain News. "They've reserved the right to give us their first single from their new album for the game."

Metallica have sold more than 90 million records worldwide, so says the BBC, and are considered by many to be one of the pioneers of thrash metal. They're kind of a big deal.

Rock Band is due out in Europe on 360, PS3 and PS2 in the first quarter of next year.

geise69
December 5th, 2007, 12:24
Who cares. Metallica is no where near what they used to be. I've heard "The New Song" they have been playing at recent shows and it's a shame what Metallica sounds like now. They have not been a metal thrash band since poor Clif died. That day changed that band and for the worst. Maybe I should pick up Rock Band so I can pretend I know how to play music and be a rock star. BTW Metallica "used to be" good thrash metal not rock. There's a big difference.

JKKDARK
December 5th, 2007, 13:09
but at least their 90's music was decent..

F9zDark
December 5th, 2007, 14:54
Who cares. Metallica is no where near what they used to be. I've heard "The New Song" they have been playing at recent shows and it's a shame what Metallica sounds like now. They have not been a metal thrash band since poor Clif died. That day changed that band and for the worst. Maybe I should pick up Rock Band so I can pretend I know how to play music and be a rock star. BTW Metallica "used to be" good thrash metal not rock. There's a big difference.

Rock band doesn't have just rock music, it has songs from a bunch of genres like Classic Rock, Pop, Emo, Punk, Heavy Metal, etc.