PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix screen bombardment

Shrygue
December 5th, 2007, 18:27
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=176944)

Square Enix has just pumped our inbox full of screenshots, and we've moved mountains (well, clicked a few buttons) to bring them to your attention.

First up, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors on Wii, which is out spring 2008.

Dragon Quest Swords: TMQATTOM (for short), concentrates heavily on fighting with the Wii Remote used like a sword to slash up enemies. "Slice at enemies, parry with your shield and block attacks to launch powerful counter-combos", Square Enix says of the combat.

Next, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings on DS, which is set a year on from events portrayed in FFXII. It apparently "answers all your questions about what happens next to your heroes Vaan, Penelo, Fran and Balthier". It's out February 15, 2008.

Finally, The World Ends with You (DS) is a modern-day-setting adventure out spring '08. It's from the folks behind the Kingdom Hearts series.

Here's the scoop on the plot from Square Enix: "Set in Tokyo's trendiest district, the story begins with the lead character Neku waking up to find a phone message stating he has only 7 days before he will cease to exist.

"Only with the coolest fashions, friends and fighting skills can Neku restore hope to the city's population and prevent being stricken from existence altogether!"

Screenshots here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=188685)

geise69
December 5th, 2007, 19:39
Hmmm...phone call, 7 days, death. Sounds like Ringu aka The Ring to me. Dragon Quest Swords is going to be very nice though. Revenant Wings is great. I bought it last week. I'm guessing the Feb 2008 date is for UK?

JKKDARK
December 5th, 2007, 21:56
Hmmm...phone call, 7 days, death. Sounds like Ringu aka The Ring to me. Dragon Quest Swords is going to be very nice though. Revenant Wings is great. I bought it last week. I'm guessing the Feb 2008 date is for UK?

yes feb 15th ;)

kcajblue
December 6th, 2007, 02:26
revenant wings is awesome on the ds.

and that the world ends with you looks interesting.

MasterMan
December 6th, 2007, 20:44
The Word Ends With You is Subarashiki Kono Sekai AKA It's a Wonderful World.