PDA

View Full Version : PSP Halo Released (Updated )

wraggster
December 5th, 2007, 20:18
Today a Halo Mod for Quake was released which basically turns the FPS into the awesome Halo game.

Heres the release changelog and info

change log:
1)complete menu change as well as loading (everything is new)
2)better graphics (all around design of the stages, weapons, and so on)
3)only 5 bots allowed (the last one featured up to 7 bots but it caused an extreme case of lag in both 1 player and multiplayer.)
4)new icons (for the actual homebrew)
5)download size decreased from around 65mb to around 35mb (memory conservation is always good)
6)support for the psp fat and slim running a 3.XX-X custom firmware (so you just drop the homebrew right into the GAME folder and your all done)
7)better audio (although some at this point dont load, they still sound a lot better)
8)Settable RAM (although this is not completed yet)
9)2 different bots (Master bot=hard as hell to kill Demo bot=easy to kill)
10)2 Maps (both are HUGE)
11)Bug fixes (what update is complete without them)

Maps:
1 download=Halo hig:
this map doesnt allow bots and its more like a training map to get you use to it but its still pretty nice. it WILL crash it you try to change the RAM, bots, and so on.
2 download=Halo pri
this map is awesome and it allows bots!

http://digg.com/playable_web_games/PSP_Halo_Released_Updated

http://youtube.com/v/U2N20w4dnvY

Download is big ie 31MB, heres the links

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t3mwc3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D0E9IC3F

Use either link

Download Above and Give Feedback Via Comments

Anonymous D
December 5th, 2007, 20:37
or its on the qj file archive thingy, http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Halo-Update-PSP-Homebrew-Games/pg/12/fid/15311/catid/195

for those who may have used used up download limits with the others

NoQuarter
December 5th, 2007, 21:43
This looks nice,I might have to show this to my halo fanboy friends

Buddy4point0
December 5th, 2007, 22:09
this looks amazing!
im dling right now!

Sp3ct0r
December 5th, 2007, 22:22
freekin sweet! :D

carlitx
December 5th, 2007, 22:42
OMG! ive been away for to long D: ive missed halo 1 on psp omfl.....i think im gonna faint now...*falls off chiar and gets back up* this is just as awesome news as halo 3 was :D:D:D:D:D:D

osgeld
December 5th, 2007, 22:50
sounds cool, ill download it here in a little while, still at work

slight rant tho

wtf is up with psp youtube videos, every one uses the same format

YES i know what my psp looks like when i turn it on
YES i know how to select something off of the xmb
NO i cant read the quake startup crap (nor do i care ive seen it for 11 years now)
YES i know what the Dpad and analog stick are
YES i know where the action buttons are
YES i know to hit start
NO the video is still so damn blurry i cant see the game 5 minuets later so WHY BOTHER!

[/rant]

ExcruciationX
December 5th, 2007, 23:11
Interesting. Has anyone tried this? How good is it?

DarthPaul
December 5th, 2007, 23:14
No author? No source?

Wow...

siulmagic
December 5th, 2007, 23:21
very nice keep up the good work

darknight88
December 5th, 2007, 23:40
how do we play online? what port do i have to connect to?

buildit92
December 6th, 2007, 00:08
i belive this was made by PSPDemon.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74511
it was a halo mod made for quake. im almost postive it was made by him

sorry that was wrong it was made by someone named jomart2000, i found him as the develport title listed on the dl.qj.net for this game.

mcdougall57
December 6th, 2007, 00:10
seriously cool :thumbup:

darthhaze420
December 6th, 2007, 00:26
how do i use this i never used quake for psp

Veskgar
December 6th, 2007, 01:04
Where are the grunts?

gamefreak199101
December 6th, 2007, 02:55
ok so i download this awsome game but how do i put onto my psp to actually play.tut please cuz theres 2 folders and iono what to do.

Safari Al
December 6th, 2007, 02:58
just put both folders with the eboots inside, into the GAME or GAME150 folder.

Very nice work

Zin0099
December 6th, 2007, 07:23
i played without quake in "game folder" 3.71m33-3 cfw

bu i stilthink it needs quake

Sterist
December 6th, 2007, 08:24
it is WAY bigger than 31mb.

titch.ryan
December 6th, 2007, 08:31
looks great. does anyone play this online?

kjetil1991
December 6th, 2007, 20:29
absolutely genius it looks amazing

paco1984
December 7th, 2007, 01:56
freakin impressive. any hopes on blood gulch?

2dumb2live
February 21st, 2008, 01:57
hey im the_mechanix from pspmod.com me and jomart2000 are working on this halofor psp pspdemon if you have tome can you help jomart and i make this game better??

sophath2006
February 21st, 2008, 04:35
yeah man this is so cool, thanks for sharing dude.

PeyeRate420
March 6th, 2008, 10:01
its almost really come true with your hard work joe :P mad respect from a fellow modder and brewer :P

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/Mintz08/HaloOnPSP/GDGDGSEGEG.jpg

lol here is a case lets start shippin folks lmao

BTW guys PSPDEMON also has made a few quake mods and dungeons mods that may or may not see the light of day but i as a friend of PSPDEMON can tell you i have been blessed enough to get a glimpse of demons quake weapons models and maps and let me just tell you that the IRIS MOD he did share PALES in comparison to my main mans crazy md2 mod skillz i on the other hand have NEVER tried to make md2 models but i HAVE worked on quake 3 arena (md3 models same for dungeons psp if you ever thought of joining me in an adventure when you are done with this project i would love to have more than just myself working on future halo dungeons releases (after all charnold will be a bit before he releases the new dungeons engine but its coming along nicley check out the link guys he is a member over at the playground and a gr8 guy who gave us an amazing engine! he has already let us know that the new engine supports our EXISTING md3 models too so i have already made models as you can see ;) but the new engine has inclines and all the things quake 2 does BUT SMOOTHER and BETTER LIGHTING MD3 models ;) just a thought though bro ;) im a team player ask Shadow Prophet he will vouge for a old friend and knows vetta better than anyone here man :P here is a video of the OLD engine and halo dungeons so you can see my md3 master cheif model as well :) hope to do some stuff together in the future joe :) much respect and good look for halo fans world wide!

a video with my md3 model halo guys :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxUSuO8FJJ4

PLEASE MAKE BLOODGULTCH CAPTURE THE FLAG! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME GUYS!

http://www.caweb.de/caweb/assault%20run.html

:thumbup:GR8 WORK ON THIS QUAKE MOD GUYS!

i made halo dungeons for the psp a while back and wished that it had inclines grenades the sword ;) now that i have played this mod i am absalutley impressed! i mean i dont know how many people relize it but good old vetta noticed ;) your CAPTURE THE FLAG version i have about 8 versions of the game in my stick amazing work guys the AI is a little spazzy but aside from that and some gfx that could stand a polish it is quite simply THE BEST HALO MOD VETTA HAS EVER PLAYED ON PSP!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks so much guys if i can do anything to help with gfx or sound im always right over at the playground bro ;) KUDOS! LOVIN THIS MOD!
your Fellow modder and brew lover!
Vettacossx AKA peyrate420 :cool:

03/o6/08

2dumb2live
March 21st, 2008, 22:34
thanks man by any chance can you ask pspdemon to help jomart2000 and i would appreciat it so much if pspdemon could share his models.

adn thanks for the complements i will post some more new links up later.

PeyeRate420
March 27th, 2008, 00:17
demon is his own man and a stuburn one at that ;) if he wants to share his models he will if he doesnt then he wont i have no pull over his decisions he is just one of my bro's and a fellow modder...I am only interested personally in doing md3 models and quake 3 style models because thats what i have experiance with but as far as the models joemart seems to have a handle on things ;) if you need some help modeling ill see what i can do ;) just let me know what you have in mind PM me :P

IF YOU WANT I CAN SHARE MY SKINS AND MODELS FROM HALO DUNGEONS ;) there are many open source model viewers and i use milkshape for editing ;) and GIMP for my art and textures application :D

i mean to make skins like this one i made with paint and GIMP ;) (feel free to use my skin) <---LOL @that taken litterally...
http://pspplayground.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=908.0;attach=2109; image

2dumb2live
March 27th, 2008, 02:32
yeah this is jomart and i's game so WE have it under control. but yeah help would have been nice to make this game the best it can be.

2dumb2live
March 30th, 2008, 03:53
i use photoshop to make my skins.

willecoolis
June 12th, 2008, 14:59
nice one! :D

goldeye2k5
June 12th, 2008, 22:20
i cant seem to put it on does it work on 3.90 m33 ? plz tell me

goldeye2k5
June 12th, 2008, 22:20
i need help does it work on 3.90m33?

megabyte10240
June 13th, 2008, 05:36
where can I get quake, or do I not need quake for this
?

superken123
June 13th, 2008, 08:34
Wow,nice job!keep up the good work!

colorgram
August 8th, 2008, 06:41
WTF is this?!?
four maps inside one folder?
so many error messages!
Bots don't even spawn!!
Messed up preview images!
and a lot more things wrong with this game

carlitx
August 9th, 2008, 00:59
WTF is this?!?
four maps inside one folder?
so many error messages!
Bots don't even spawn!!
Messed up preview images!
and a lot more things wrong with this game
yah its barely perfect...... but when i first tired this when it was first released it worked fine. you obliviously don't know what your at and it it probably not even compatible with your psp.....

kevintrooper
August 11th, 2008, 04:42
I wish PSP Demon still continued his and ported it to Dungeons!

PSPdemon
August 11th, 2008, 06:03
fyi, i havent discontinued it.... i only put it on hold :P

project is back up... however im running into difficulties using the latest quake engine. so i need to figure out whats causing it and fix it pronto ( probably have to do a custom quake build to fix it )

anyway, should update the thread when i get the chance ( and when i get the project back to where it was )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

2dumb2live
August 19th, 2008, 03:15
hey i have a ,link to an even newer halo for the psp, it is better then this one, jomart has been working like mad, and i have been little help but still put my two sense in lol, anyways since this release you have missed a ton so here is the latest psp halo

http://rapidshare.com/files/136859627/pistol.rar.html

jomart is on a roll and has already gotten a prototype hud in and new weapons as well as a almost perfected map. there its still some work to do but heck better then before and be careful bots automatically spawn, if you dont want bots, press menu, multiplayer, then remove bots, over and over again!!

enjoy!!!
The_Mechanix

midnitdragoon
August 19th, 2008, 04:03
hey i have a ,link to an even newer halo for the psp, it is better then this one, jomart has been working like mad, and i have been little help but still put my two sense in lol, anyways since this release you have missed a ton so here is the latest psp halo

http://rapidshare.com/files/136859627/pistol.rar.html

jomart is on a roll and has already gotten a prototype hud in and new weapons as well as a almost perfected map. there its still some work to do but heck better then before and be careful bots automatically spawn, if you dont want bots, press menu, multiplayer, then remove bots, over and over again!!

enjoy!!!
The_Mechanix

i played and its impressive!! Only stiff i have with it is that the fps are kinda low so it needs some optimizations. Also i die to damm fast in that game lol. Other than that send hmm my appreciation and to keep it up!

2dumb2live
August 19th, 2008, 04:43
tu sha and thnx for the appreciation!! this is a mod of quake so you have to understand the limitations, but there are still some kinks to work out but yeah!! just please dont anyone post this on qj, or anything keep it on the dl, so that bungie dont get angry, thnx alot and ill tell jomart what you think!!

futurelink
December 28th, 2008, 04:33
how do you get this to work on a phat CFW 5.00 m33-3 / m33-4 ? i see the eboots but they turn the psp off after about a minute :(

scuba87
March 16th, 2009, 02:32
whats the site u download halo at?