PDA

View Full Version : Read Japanese v0.089 Beta

wraggster
December 6th, 2007, 06:32
Eelim has updated his Read Japanese homebrew application, heres whats new:

Hello everyone,

I teamed up with hackePeter a few days ago, and we have done alot to bring you a better and more comfortable learning expirience.

0.023 - > 0.089
-Rewrite of the whole Program

-change background for session in options menu
-options menu added
-on startup, a random background is loaded
-first installment of Kanji learning
-English translation for Kanji added
-added code to prevent doubles while training kana
-switch from heartbeat mode to statemode
-Complete Set of new Graphics and Pictures
-tons of minor bugfixes

as you can see, we started to add the kanji character set, in order to give you an organized learning aid we decided to split the kanji into sets, in order to do this in a useful manner we are going to do that by using the japanese school system, where the kanji are devided by grade, in this
release you will see the kanji that japanese children learn at 1st grade. in future versions of the program we will add 2nd grade, 3rd grade and so on.

http://8pslug.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7DCp0helVXGCMNMDvIps0IHkxqkpLjgwWJk7KS8HxuazDzY hIX5iz3CKJ4XJvaJxc-vV5CR9Sz0MgrRRDCeX3w/n1.jpg

Download Here (http://8pslug.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7DCp0helVXHyxHiA0lQrqTNANBUj09TpLU5qW9E39ROiZGE HzNJmxsbVBkREwHMly_tij78xJEogUnnty9VHlQ/Read%20Japanese%20v0.089%20Beta.rar?download) and Give Feedback Via Comments
via eelim (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1897806&postcount=1)

Nikolaos
December 6th, 2007, 14:56
Thank-you for this.

RevVS
December 6th, 2007, 15:14
Wow. Looks like quite the improvement...

paladinja
December 6th, 2007, 15:33
So COOL! I haven't even had a chance to TRY this yet & u guys have updated it like 3 times! haha, guess I should get quicker on the draw.

cloud_952
December 7th, 2007, 02:29
How many kanji are in this first one? O_o Last I checked, the 1st grade kanji set's about.. 80-ish, I think. I think a program like this is helpful for beginners, but around 3rd-4th year, I have to learn about 45 kanji a week. x_x It'd really be nice if someone could make a program like this with a database so you can pick the kanji you want to use for flashcarding, etc..

It really seems nice, though, from what I've seen. It's kinda hard to make studying kanji fun/interesting, but I think the coder/s is/are doing a good job.

Dancor
April 15th, 2008, 02:23
Well, I have just enabled my PSP to run homebrews and this is one the many BBs I wanted to find. thanks a bunch, I was going to make one to learn Portuguese, put there's one out already. I want to come up with something of my own. Anyways, Thanks again.

gamefreak199101
April 15th, 2008, 03:03
anyone knows what naruto uses. I already know its jap. but which one of these?

Dzago
April 15th, 2008, 15:13
anyone knows what naruto uses. I already know its jap. but which one of these?

If you mean hiragana or katakana, or kanji than its for writing and they use all three of them, as for speaking its a combination of them.