PDA

View Full Version : Sega Holds Yakuza 3 Press Event In Japan

JKKDARK
December 6th, 2007, 12:28
via gwn (http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/14760/Sega_Holds_Yakuza_3_Press_Event_In_Japan.html)

The PlayStation 3 exclusive sequel Yakuza 3 will be winging its way onto Japanese store shelves from March 6, 2008, SEGA of Japan announced today during a dedicated press event.

The company also took the time to wet our appetites a little more by revealing a couple of new details on the title, such as the fact the games storyline will be narrated by fellow radio DJ and Pride announcer, Kei Grant. Importers should also take note, as the games price was also nailed down at JYP 7,080 (roughly USD 75)

Fellow Samurai aficionados will also be pleased to know that the games creators are looking to rekindle interest in this seemingly unappreciated period of Japanese history, with Producer Toshihiro Nagoshi stating:

“I personally love Japan, but I've gotten this strange feeling of late, a feeling of loneliness. I wanted to produce something in response to this, so I changed the time frame from the modern period to the historical period.”

There’s no word on when North America or Europe will see the title (that is, if it’s even planned for release in the west, where Yakuza 2 has yet to reach) but details are expected soon.